5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME
Published on July 8, 2012 by missfacey

3.0 out of 5 stars First it was OK, then it became AWESOME: here's How and Why
Published on November 28, 2012 by Mary Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars First it was OK, then it became AWESOME: here's How and Why, November 28, 2012
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
I was very excited to purchase the plasma car for my kids 9 and 6, for Christmas.  We have hardwood floors throughout, and my 6 year old and my toddler nieces love to ride around on their big wheel tricycles during winter months, but my 9 yr old is always left out.  I read the reviews about the plasma cars and how it can hold up to 200 lbs.  Some reviews were saying that parents were even enjoying themselves, riding around during family get- togethers.   So I thought, wouldn't it be nice for my 9 yr old to still be able to ride around with her younger sister and cousins.  I put the first one together and tested it out.  It worked, but it was very slow.....I'm 135 lbs;  my daughter is 85 lbs, but I can't imagine it would be a whole lot faster, if she were on it.  It was just OK.
So I researched a little and learned that I could replace the plastic wheels with polyurethane wheels.  Imagine rollerblades with plastic wheels vs. rollerblades with polyurethane wheels and you'll understand the amount of difference the latter makes!   I couldn't find replacement wheels online so I went to sports authority and they showed me rollerblade wheels that fit perfectly.  I got the 80/82a size rollerblade wheels.  (make sure the ones you get come with the bearings)  All you need is a racket wrench and replacing the front wheels takes less then a minute.  Super easy!   I tried it out with the polyurethane wheels in front and kept the plastic wheels in the back.  Very smooth and fast. I felt like a kid again zipping around, making sharp turns- it became AWESOME!   I even sat my 1 year old on my lap and we rode around for 20 minutes because he was having so much fun!  I then proceeded to try and change the back wheels... Thats where the problem came in.  The back wheels popped off fine with a screw driver, but pushing it back in/ popping it back into place was ridiculously difficult.  My hands became sore, so I tried hammering it in, then bent the plastic, which resulted in a torqued position pushing against the wheel thus making it spin very slowly with lots of resistance.  So one plasma car was shot.  With the next plasma car, I was a bit more careful and after a great deal of time, pain, and frustration, I finally was successful in getting the back wheels on.  I tried it out, and realized it went about as fast as when only the front wheels were changed... Probably because the front wheels are the ones that swivel and turn to propel you, while the back wheels don't do much but support the other end.   Basically, it wasn't worth the effort in changing the back wheels since it was the same speed anyway.  The only difference was there was less noise if all the wheels were polyurethane.  And I could care less about the noise, since the kids are usually laughing louder then their big wheel tricycle wheels.
Bottom line,  If I could do it over, I would've only changed the front wheels on both plasma cars, since it is the same speed anyway, and i would've avoided wasting my time,  having sore hands, and ruining one plasma car in the process.  At least my 9 yr old will be able to ride her plasma car come Christmas,  and my six year old will have to continue riding her big wheel tricycle.   Now to find her a new Christmas present...

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, July 8, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
this is the best car/ride on toy we have bought our kids. they LOVE it and I want one, too ! Our kids are 4 and 2 1/2 and they ride it like a ride on toy pushing with their feet on the ground. the steering ability of the car is great. the color is fantastic. super smooth ride. our kids ride it inside and out. the only thing is i wish the rear wheels didn't stick out so far cuz sometimes i get my feet run over but that's the price we pay for having such a sturdy car. LOVE IT LOVE IT. even the grandparents are buying a set for their house.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give this more stars I would., February 11, 2013
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 yr old because her 3 older sisters would be getting roller blades and I knew when they were all in the driveway I could just see her running around behind her older sisters trying to keep up but not having anything she could roll on.
This was a great idea and it worked out well. I weigh 130 lbs and I can get on it and make it work. I do not know what the weight limits are though. My kids all love this. It is very easy to use. I was going to opt for a cheaper one but I went ahead and splurged on the orange and pink. The other was also a Plasmacar but it was a different color. I am glad I splurged I love how bright it is. The assembly was very easy for my Husband. It only took about 10 minutes total for him on Christmas Eve. Instructions were included and he figured it out without them. I would recommend reading them though. If i had put it together I would have definitely have messed up the steering wheel. It always looks backwards to me even in the picture on Amazon but that is the way it is supposed to be. It even says so in the instructions :) GREAT BUY. I expect this to be a long lasting toy. It is VERY STURDY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars she liked it!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
A gift for our almost one year old granddaughter but the 5 year old loves it more. She is able to get it to go a little bit already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, December 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
My 2.5 year old loves this toy! She had no trouble figuring out how to drive it. Fairly easy to assemble as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, December 23, 2012
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
Cool gift, was bought for my 4 yr old but seeing as it's not Xmas yet..she hasn't opened or used it. I'm sure she will love it though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plasma Car, December 19, 2012
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
Kids love it!! assembles in less than 10 minutes. Great for the motor skills. A great fun ride toy for everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!, November 24, 2012
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter, and she loves it. Her older brothers, 4 and 7 love it, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars crazy fun car!, May 24, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
I got this PlasmaCar for my grandaughter who was turning 5. She just loves riding it as well as her 8yr old sister. It is the perfect size for them both. They have a ball on it and it is a hit with the rest of their neighborhood kids too! Such a simple toy, yet it's packed with so much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, December 28, 2013
This review is from: PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange (Toy)
I got all 4 of our kids these for Christmas and they love them!! From ages 8 to 2 years they all can ride them and love racing each other. Would warn kids though not to drag their shoes, we screwed up everyones Christmas shoes the first day!

PlasmaCar in Pink and Orange