Plastic? Is there any plastic on the inside, or anywhere that would touch hot water? Don't want any leeching from plastic.
asked by Jeff on January 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
There's minimal (but existing) plastic on the inside, from the top of the handle. YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAjRjv4_xA#t=40s
S. Jackson answered on April 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES, there is plastic on the inside. It is at the very top of the jug where the handle attaches. The handle only attaches at the inside top not the full length of the handle. I personally believe it is not safe. This is not the kettle I am looking for.
B. A. Sjoblom - Chyatte answered on October 27, 2014
Comment (1) | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Based on that video reviews on Youtube, there is plastic inside. Regardless if water touches the plastic or not, the condensation from the steam will drip back down to the rest of the boiling water. This is the reason why A LOT of people now are asking for totally non-plastic material inside.
CSharp answered on September 27, 2014
Comments (2) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The plastic from the top of the handle is above the fill line on the inside of the kettle: there should be no chance of plastic leeching in any case, even from that small piece of plastic.
Buzz Killer Espresso answered on April 23, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just purchased this one from amazon and I can happily say that it contains no plastic whatsoever in the inside of the kettle - Precise HeatTM 1.5 Liter Electric Wtr Kettle.
Scarletrose answered on January 22, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fine, but the entire universe, you included, is--eek", kemicalz!
darwinslapdog answered on March 18, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It isn't the kind of plastic that "leeches" (leaches). These things are regulated; don't be a chemophobe.
darwinslapdog answered on February 27, 2015
Comments (3) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is no plastic on the interior of the kettle and water doesn't touch any plastic on the kettle in normal use.
Buzz Killer Espresso answered on January 28, 2012
Comment | 3 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product