Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome
Used & New from: $29.99
Plastic vs. steel guard I've seen hand blenders with both steel and plastic guards. I imagine the steel guard is more durable, but isn't plastic a better option if you're blending in nonstick finish pots? Anyone have experience either way? Thanks!
asked by Mish Mash Michele on January 1, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I have this hand blender with the steel guard and the Krups with a plastic guard. As long as the blade itself doesn't come into contact with the Teflon(etc.) finish, I don't think there would be any problem. The non-stick finish they use nowadays is much tougher than the early generation Teflon. I know I haven't had any problems.
joe34 answered on July 2, 2008
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
For any portable blender, buy one with the end bit (detachable portion) made of Stainless Steel as it enables you to use it / dip it in hot liquids/purees while cooking. The plastic ones will melt and get damaged.
J. Jacob answered on October 16, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've had a braun immersion blender with a plastic guard and it's held up just fine in hot food. I've even pureed soup right in the pot on the stove and no problem. I prefer the plastic guard for use on non-stick pans, so I know the guard isn't affecting the finish.
judy d answered on August 8, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, Joe34!
Mish Mash Michele answered on July 3, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is helpful. I had wondered about the metal in non-stick pots and maybe that wouldn't be a problem. But my main soup pot is ceramic. Has anyone tried a metal immersion blender in those? or in a crock pot, which is also ceramic?
Newbold answered on December 29, 2009
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›