Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
asked by Mish Mash Michele on January 1, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I have this hand blender with the steel guard and the Krups with a plastic guard. As long as the blade itself doesn't come into contact with the Teflon(etc.) finish, I don't think there would be any problem. The non-stick finish they use nowadays is much tougher than the early generation Teflon. I know I haven't had any problems.
joe34 answered on July 2, 2008
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
For any portable blender, buy one with the end bit (detachable portion) made of Stainless Steel as it enables you to use it / dip it in hot liquids/purees while cooking. The plastic ones will melt and get damaged.
J. Jacob answered on October 16, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've had a braun immersion blender with a plastic guard and it's held up just fine in hot food. I've even pureed soup right in the pot on the stove and no problem. I prefer the plastic guard for use on non-stick pans, so I know the guard isn't affecting the finish.
judy d answered on August 8, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, Joe34!
Mish Mash Michele answered on July 3, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is helpful. I had wondered about the metal in non-stick pots and maybe that wouldn't be a problem. But my main soup pot is ceramic. Has anyone tried a metal immersion blender in those? or in a crock pot, which is also ceramic?
Newbold answered on December 29, 2009
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product