Platform Bed Frame for Memory Foam Mattresses I am seriously considering purchasing the 12 inch memory foam mattress. I am unclear about whether or not the mattress can be placed on a platform bed frame with no box springs. If so - can you tell me which bed frame you purchased and how you felt about it? Thanks so much.
asked by J. Sawyer on August 4, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The product insert explicitly says that the mattress requires either a platform frame OR a box spring, with no preference to either or instructions beyond that. There are many platform frames made for these types of beds available on Amazon, and considered purchasing one myself, but decided to wait and see how it worked on my old box spring, and it works perfectly fine. If you purchase a platform frame, it will not require an additional box spring.
Megan Hewins answered on December 13, 2011
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We purchased a Murray platform bed. As long as there are slats every 5 inches or so, it should be okay. We like the minimalist platform bed.
C. Higgins answered on March 23, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't bought one yet but I've been researching the mattresses and foundations. From what I've read, you just need good semi-solid support under it -- wood slats or a solid wood platform are best. An old-fashion boxspring is not a good idea, but I read somewhere that they don't make those anymore; solid top foundations have supposedly replaced the boxspring. If that's the case, any new foundation, or a platform, or Ikea-type slats should work. Even a piece of plywood over an old boxspring should work. Not having proper support invalidates most warranties, however.
July 1955 answered on August 6, 2011
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's okay to put it on platform bed. That's what I did. No box spring, thank you!
cameraman answered on July 2, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Memory foam matress toppers
Brian Bartley answered on April 8, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›