4.0 out of 5 stars A few critiques, but overall, a solid book
While I've been a fan and follower of Michael Hyatt's blog for a long time, I did not receive a free copy of Platform. I confess, as much as I like his blog, I wasn't going to buy the book for two reasons:

1. Prior to the launch of Platform, he mentioned that much of the content was reworked material from old blog posts (which I assumed I had read...
Published on May 24, 2012 by Amy Lynn Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars out of 5, depending on your level of experience
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:13 Mins
Amongst all the hype of a vanguard internet mega-book launch by Michael Hyatt (124,000 Twitter followers; 400,000 blog readers/month), the chairman of Thomas Nelson publishing (the 6th largest US book publisher, Nº1 Christian publisher) on the subject of `how an author might use the internet to broadcast his message', it's clearly difficult to...
Published on May 25, 2012 by Matthew Bennett

‹ Previous | 111 12 1347 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Twitter and Blog Non-technical How-To, February 15, 2013
Hyatt is an encouraging voice on being able to use social media to get your offering/products/services noticed in that arena--but really just Twitter and a blog website since this is where he has had success. If you want to learn how to effectively use facebook or pinterest or others, you can glean general help, but nothing specific. And if you don't want to Twitter or blog then really, only the first third of the book is really useful. The first third is really good to evaluate what you are selling and thinking about the audience for it.

If you've been involved in social media for quite a long time and you've started to evaluate the businesses you follow on what annoys you and what makes you want to buy from them, then not much of this is going to be new. If you've been on social media but are at a loss for how you ought to be using it to highlight your business, than this would be good. If you like using Twitter and like blogging but aren't seeing the number of followers you want, this is the book for that situation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, January 7, 2013
Scott (Conrad, IA, United States) - See all my reviews
It was helpful in several ways but did seem to contradict itself several times. It is obvious that it will have to be updated often to keep current. great for beginners though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now you can raise your Platform, May 9, 2012
As a new follower of Michael Hyatt, I couldn't have come on at a better time. Michael's new book is just what I needed and I am sure many others will also. If you are aspiring to become a writer, artist, or other creative type, you need a "platform" just to get noticed. Michael teaches you the steps you need in a way that you can understand and apply. He provides the exact tools and resources that you will need to build your brand. If you have a message to get out, this is the book you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tips for the generation of online publicity via social media and web content!, January 28, 2015
This book provides tips about how to increase brand or product publicity through social media and web content. It's very easy to read. For ffuther advanced skills in generate quality online publicity and web traffic, Cognitive Search Marketing & Paid Search: Theory, Experiment, Practice and Tactics: A PPC Paradigm Powered by Persuasion and Cognition is a perfect read. This book provides new perspectives on applying communication theory on today's online marketing campaign and paid search. The book offers online business solutions, from demand generation all the way down to conversion. Based on various communications theories, it demonstrates abundant persuasive ad copy writing tips along with examples that you can refer to immediately. It also shows its readers how to write effective PPC ads by applying cognitive science and which has never been addressed on the books I have ever read. It covers a deep ground in landing page optimization based on UX and bidding management with strategic planning and highly valuable tactics. This book also demonstrates a complete walk-through in a PPC campaign with case study, from keyword generation, ad copy writing, bidding management, down to conversion tracking. One of the best part of this book is its demonstration on MRI placement targeting and it just blew my mind. The book also interfaces PPC campaign with experiment design to leverage the overall efficiency on a company's marketing plan in a macro-level and which has never been addressed in any books I ran into before. The book also illustrates critical campaign metrics to watch for, how to interpret these metrics and respective actions to take to improve your campaign. Landing page optimization tactics to increase the CTR and conversion rate are emphasized while conversion attribution model and its application is well-addressed. In addition, it shows you many effective bidding techniques to optimize your profit while lowing your CPA. Furthermore, this book extends the value of PPC techniques by applying the PPC tactics into a job search process with examples that readers can use immediately after they read the book.

For the readers interested in UX, Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience is the one to read. It will teach you how to beef up the technical elements of your web thus improving your visitor retention rate!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, relevant book with useful resources., September 7, 2014
This review is from: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (Kindle Edition)
I've been reading business books faster than I've been eating candy recently. (Which means I'm reading them SUPER fast)
Mr. Hyatt's book actually had me stopping to take notes. A lot of notes.

This thing is packed with practical information and relevant resources.
(Some of those resources will be out-dated by 2016, but they're great now!)
Specifically it contains fundamental principals of marketing strategy that never change, and then applies those fundamentals to our world today. I really had a great time reading this, and while I ended up not following him on Twitter (Holy cow, 10 - 20 tweets a day is a big chunk of my feed!) I do keep his blog on my list of morning reading. It's great stuff.
Recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, September 21, 2014
This review is from: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (Kindle Edition)
Michael thoroughly maps out all you need (and more). This is useful for those who write books, blog, tweet, use Facebook or any current social media...including email. No punches are pulled at all. He uses many examples of how he gets these things done in all media forms (including interviews and interviewing too. A very useful book I'll read several times to get parts I need to use. The blogging stuff just pulled me in.

GREAT READ.

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete package, July 30, 2014
Gerry Lewis (Azle, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (Kindle Edition)
A year ago, I had never heard the name Michael Hyatt. He is now one of my major influencers. This book covers more aspects of sharing one's message than I ever thought possible. At times during the reading I felt overwhelmed with information, but I never felt that Michael was "talking down" to me. I am excited about using this information to share my message.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 star information but doesn't meet expectations, July 13, 2014
I love Michael's blog. I think that he has great information and he put together a book full of great advice. I enjoyed the fact that he didn't go overboard in each chapter. It was a quick and easy read.

Despite the value of the information he presented in this book I felt that a 3 star rating was appropriate. If you read his blog then you really don't need to buy the book. I don't think there is anything new in this book. (at least not for the money) Plus, if you already use and have a very basic understanding of Twitter and Facebook a few of the chapters you will want to skip over.

Overall the information presented in this book is great. However if you are familiar with his blog, or if you would rather save yourself the money and read that instead of this book, then you don't need to pay the money for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Resource! My #1 Recommendation., July 10, 2014
Perfect for bloggers, authors, speakers, and those who want to be. This book is the FIRST place to start if you are at all interested in sharing a message with the world through an online platform. Michael Hyatt provides a load of pragmatic information for a successful platform. He is also the leading authority on platform building.

Platform: Get Noticed In a Noisy World, A Step-By-Step Guide for Anyone With Something to Say or Sell, has been absolutely essential to getting my platform and blog off the ground. If it weren't for this book, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now with blogging. I was able to easily apply the information provided in Platform and notice results right away!

This book is an incredible guide if you're wanting to start blogging. I HIGHLY recommend it as a resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Bulleted Lists!, July 8, 2014
This review is from: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (Kindle Edition)
Practical & easy to read. Great to read if getting established or any other person to remember your roots. Loved it and motivated to get going myself!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1347 | Next ›