Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2013 12:48:44 PM PDT
I'm interested in the latest version of this franchise, mostly for the 1934 version of ANGC. However, I'll have to take the plunge and get myself either a PS3 or Xbox360. Since I'm not a gamer (way to old for that), can anyone guide me as to which platform might be best for this specific game?

Thanks from a newbie.

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:50:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 10:54:54 PM PDT
John says:
Scott, I'M TOO OLD!! 60!! If you were seriously investing in to a gaming system and have never played (???) I'll bite and say xbox 360. Mainly because it's much more that just a box to plug in discs. It's a complete media center. Do your research. Google it. YouTube it.
I have to first say that, I'm getting the game. I love the game. Always have. Even with all the problems. I don't play a lot of xbox games so, I don't know if it is the "norm" to release a game with known problems and then a month or so, fix "some, not all" of the issues. It's crazy that we, the consumer have slowly allowed ourselves to be "okay" with this. Not just "okay" with it but GRATEFUL if they DO respond and fix issues. It's my fault and yours. The game isn't out yet and there are already a slew of issues with it. The laughable part is, on the ea forums the developers actually play the role as though they had no idea and the posture is that they thank the dopes that report the bugs!! They make "us" part of the beta team!! Crazy. what the hell is the matter with me??? I know the problem with TW '14-'44 is seemingly no competition :(
Have a nice day mates! See ya on the links!! LOL

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 10:36:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2013 11:27:19 AM PDT
JAW88-06 says:
Scott.. As a fellow older gamer (49) I highly recommend going with the PS3. The PS3 has many advantages over the XBOX 360: 1) built in blu ray player (very good quality..blu ray software constantly upgraded on Playstation Network --PSN), 2) PSN is free (XBOX charges for their network), gives you access to on line play, new game demos, Netflix, DLC, Etc without having to pay a yearly fee required by Microsoft for the XBOX, 3) the average PS3 gamer is older, more mature, and much more pleasant if you want to play online. 4) PS3 has a much better and larger library of system exclusives...bottom line...almost all the great games available can be played on PS3, not as much with the XBOX

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 10:39:27 AM PDT
Thanks, JAW. For an old guy you seem to know a lot....:-)

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 9:24:44 PM PDT
Bill King says:
If you also like baseball, Sony's baseball sim , The Show, is only on the PS3, not Xbox .

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 7:31:31 PM PDT
Todd says:
I agree about Xbox's ability to use Windows Media Center as a major selling point (better than a blu-ray player imho). http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/media

Also...don't forget Halo!!! If you have never played it, you don't know what you are missing. Not a sports game, but awesome, no matter what your age... All the the other things about the PS3, I agree with though (free network access is nice)...tough choice!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about