Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

This ring looks great. By my measurements, the middle cubic zirconia (CZ) is 2.1 carats. This is the maximum size for cubic zirconia before it strongly signals what it is, a diamond simulant. Further, you can probably tell it's not a synthetic diamond because lab-created diamonds aren't white (at least not those that are mass produced). Technically, CZ is a simulant, not a synthetic.

The way you can casually identify CZ is by either unrealistic size or by lack of brilliance compared to a diamond. The worst cut for CZ, in my opinion, is princess cut. The 3 main stones on this ring are cut with many facets (perfect for CZ), making it brilliant and far more difficult to distinguish from diamonds. This ring is brilliant, with all the colors reflected through the CZ.

I see no flaws with the stones or the platinum plated band. The ring can be worn with anything. I strongly recommend this item.

Update January 8, 2014:

This ring continues to be a good accessory. I would still prefer it a little smaller since 2.1 carats makes a statement. If you see one just like it but a little smaller, that would be perfect. Until then, this one will serve its purpose.
88 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2010
I had to purchase a CZ ring, to swap for a "real" ring from my mom. You see, she as Altzheimers and is in a home, and was asked to remove her rings. It broke my heart as well as hers, so ordering this ring, which is similiar to her original, worked as a substitution. The weight and look is beautiful. The switch was made, I can rest easy as well as the nursing home, and mom thinks she still has her ring. Thank you for a great product.
77 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2012
It's really hard to rate this ring because it is beautiful, sparkly, and a great price. However, I found that the band does not wear very well. Actually, it would be fine for someone who takes their rings on and off when they clean or do other household chores...or someone who only wears their jewelry when they go out. However, I am a person who wears my rings all the time, so I prefer rings that stand up to some abuse and still look nice when I clean them up. I have had this ring for about six months and, while the stones still look great, the band looks pretty bad when you look at it closely. The platinum plating also seems to wear off fairly quickly and somewhat unevenly. The best advice I can offer on deciding whether or not to purchase this ring is to consider how you plan to use it.
on December 2, 2009
I was very excited to receive this ring in the mail. It was all of what I expected. It's very beautiful and it sparkles a lot like a real diamond! It doesn't say what the carat size is of the center stone but I think it's close to 2 carats. If you're looking for a ring that looks real but don't want to spend a lot of $$$ to get one then I say buy this ring!
on September 13, 2011
I love this ring, I get compliments all the time--I just smile and say "Thanks!" As other reviewers have said, it has great sparkle and clarity, but on top of that, it has held up well. I've worn it nearly every day for two years now, and as long as it's clean, it looks as good as new. It doesn't tarnish even though the platinum is just plating. The plating has worn off most other plated jewelry I've owned, causing them to look worn out and tarnished, or leaving my finger with a gray stain. Not this one! On top of that, I've worn this ring everywhere, and I am a very active person. I am constantly losing stones out of my jewelry, but the posts on this ring have held up perfectly, and I've never had to worry about losing the stones. For the price, this ring is a no-brainer!
on October 11, 2009
I have tried (and returned) other "diamond" rings, but when this arrived, I was thrilled. The shape of the center stone and the two small baguettes on either side make a lovely setting on the finger. Not too large as to be unbelieveable, but bold enough to make a statement. What really matters, however, is -- it sparkles like crazy !! Has visual depth and white, white clarity. This is a marvelous ring -- at any price. It's small price tag makes it almost magic. Buy this ring !
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2009
I love this ring!!! I was so impressed when I received it!! Looks like a real diamond!! I use to work in a jewelry store so I've seen lots of the real thing. For the money this is the ring to get!!!
on September 3, 2011
This ring far exceeded my expectations. I have been looking for a realistic diamond alternative for a long time now with no luck. Cubic zirconia and other faux diamond stones never seem to look right. They just don't sparkle the way diamonds do. This ring is the only exception I've come across so far. It sparkles with flecks of rainbow in the light just like a real diamond. I'm shocked at how authentic it looks. It really looks like a diamond with perfect color and clarity.

This ring is very comfortable on the finger. It's light but not so much that it feels fake. It feels real. The height of the setting is perfect. It's nice and low so it doesn't catch on clothes or feel awkward like some other rings I've tried on. I love the cutout designs because they make the ring look more like an authentic designer piece.

I always wear a size 6 ring but this 6 is a little big and unfortunately, resizing isn't an option with the platinum plated silver. Size down if you can.

It will be interesting to see how the ring holds up over time with frequent wear. I'm worried the band and stones will scratch easily but other reviewers have said it holds up well. I plan to be extra careful with it to make it last longer.

My husband has always wanted to get me a nice diamond ring but we simply can't spend that kind of money on it at this point. This ring will do just fine until we feel comfortable making the big purchase for the real thing.
on January 29, 2015
Most beautiful CZ ring I've ever seen!!! It truly has the sparkle of the real thing! And the center stone is about the equivalent of a 1.5-2 carat diamond so it's believable. I will use this as a travel substitute when I don't want to risk losing my real ring :)
review image review image review image
on June 8, 2011
I received this ring very quickly and it was perfect! I've had it now for about a month and I wear it every day. I've received tons of compliments on it and it fits beautifully. The setting is not too high, so it doesn't catch on clothing and other materials. The design on the side of the ring is my favorite part of the ring. It just adds a little something extra to it. Very nice. I would certainly (and have!) recommend this ring to others.