Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2010 9:34:57 PM PDT
N. C. Hill says:
Is it necessary to play Dragon Quest IV first to understand what is going on in V? I was reading about the 4th one and wasn't sure if i would like the chapter based system, i mean playing different characters in each chapter. I kinda like having a main hero for the entire story.

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 3:44:49 PM PDT
billy ray says:
I just got dragon quest V hand of the heavenly bride, and I havent played IV yet and I can tell you it doesn't matter. It doesn't start off from a previous story, and even the reviews of the game will tell you it doesn't matter. V is just sick.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2010 3:56:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2010 3:57:20 PM PDT
mi007 says:
It depends. If you want to play both of them it is better that you play IV then V. Dragon Quest V takes place in the same world, but many many years after IV. Although it has a history of its own, the things that happened in DQ4 have become legends, and will be mentioned sometimes.

You can play DQ5 without playing DQ4 though, but you're gonna miss the references, and if you play DQ4 after you will know some things that will happen.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 6:10:37 PM PDT
John K. says:
Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3 (the Erdrick/Roto trilogy) are all part of one world and Dragon Quest 4, 5, and 6 are all part of another (the The Zenithia/Castle in the Sky trilogy).

Unlike the Erdrick/Roto trilogy, the games in the Zenithia/Castle in the Sky trilogy are only loosely linked and do not reference each other in plot really at all, so you are not missing anything by playing them out of order.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 29, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - Nintendo DS by Square Enix (Nintendo DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (85)