Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Play Your Old Stuff
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

83%
17%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$18.99

on January 19, 2013
This is a great idea if you want to get all three albums in a nifty, inexpensive little bundle. However, if you're like me, you'll want to buy each album individually, so as to get the case and booklet and stuff. Underoath is one of those bands that nearly every other band in the genre wants to be like. And yet, none ever came close. Somehow, Underoath was able to remain one of the most popular bands in the genre for a decade without conforming.

The Changing of Times is a really heart-wrenching album. Underoath has gone through many line-up changes, and this was the last album that featured Dallas Taylor as the vocalist/lyricist. His voice takes some getting used to, but his lyrics are what make him amazing. They are so painfully beautiful to listen to, and his screams really back them up well. Underoath was just rising to fame with the release of The Changing of Times. They had two previous albums, both are really hard to come by, but are also amazing albums. They are not included in this set because A) 90% of the band members are different people than in They're Only Chasing Safety and beyond, and B) They are rather like collector's items nowadays, the first album was only printed 2,000 times and the second album, only 3,000. C) Underoath doesn't play any of those first two albums anymore, they may as well be from a different band. So it would be quite unfair and unreasonable to reprint them.

Underoath really set the scene in motion back in 2004 with the release of They're Only Chasing Safety. This is where Underoath's sound changed dramatically. With the arrival of new vocalist Spencer Chamberlin, and the majority of the music and lyrics written by drummer/clean vocals Aaron Gillespie, Underoath was basically a completely different band. It was a revolutionary album. Of all their stuff, They're Only Chasing Safety is probably the least heavy-metal, and I've found that a lot of people who don't appreciate the genre will at least tolerate it. That's not to say it isn't brutal and amazing, it's my personal second favorite.

Define The Great Line is my absolute favorite. A lot darker and heavier than They're Only Chasing Safety, Define The Great Line really was the founding stone for the sound Underoath took with them to the grave. Spencer Chamberlin took over a lot more in this album, writing haunting lyrics with strange and beautiful metaphors, this album is a lot more interpretive than the former, and also more musically complex.
These albums are masterpieces. It's a shame that the band is no-more, but I agree with their cause, and it was for the best. The following albums were amazing too, but not as good as these three, and I feared a gradual digression. This music is beautiful. It's funny how such dark music and harsh vocals can somehow produce hope and love in people, but it did in me. I will forever love this band (:
on August 5, 2013
I became an Underoath fan around the time They are Only Chasing Safety came out. I ended up losing my CD's somewhere in the large amount of moving I have done since that time. I bought this album and basically it contains The Changing of Times, They're Only Chasing Safety, and Define the Great Line. All three of those albums are awesome albums and for the price it is a steal.
on June 10, 2012
These cd's are good, but I believe people want the REALLY old stuff when they ask Underoath to "play your old stuff" they mean Act Of Depression and Cries of the Past.(this is what i mean at least) I wish some of that stuff was on here and thats the reason I give it three stars, otherwise it would be five stars.
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
UNNGHHHHH and other verbal cries are the only words I can use to describe this album. This compilation by Underoath supports the standard that most bands' older albums are the best. The screamer's vocals.... so brutal. So PERFECT. Everything else.... STILL PERFECT. My favorite of the three discs is The Changing of Times! I highly recommend all three though. Favorite songs would have to be most of the songs from that disc, A Boy Brushed Red, Reinventing Your Exit, and Some Will Seek Forgiveness. I urge you to buy this and support one of the most influential bands of the post-hardcore genre despite their recent breakup!
on December 17, 2013
I had misplaced my copies of Define the Great line and the Changing of Times and I saw this CD and didn't think twice. You get 3 CDs for the price of one!
on June 7, 2016
This is an amazing set for any underoath fan, and for an amazing price as well. A definitely recommended product.