Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2014 12:37:54 PM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
Does the Blu-Ray set have a play all function and if you select a single episode does it still have the content spoilers that the DVD's have? If they have fixed those issues I may get the BD set soon. I just hope that I can get answers to my quaries before the price goes up.

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 2:36:44 PM PDT
Jack Brown says:
I just popped in disc 1... I think the menu is fixed. I am not 100% sure I know what you mean, but I saw this on a DVD edition review:

"...(1) DO NOT for ANY REASON watch OR listen to the main DVD Menu! Just hit the mute button until the images go away. REASON: The main menu stupidly gives away the plot twists for several classic episodes, spoiling the surprises for those who haven't seen them.
(2) When you choose an episode, DO NOT look below the top left corner; just hit "Enter" or "Play." REASON: The chapter selections for a number of episodes GIVE AWAY PLOT TWISTS with their descriptions and pictures.
(3) Do NOT read the liner notes included in each season box! Same reason as above: Pictures and descriptions give away plot points, to the point where fans like me say, "Why on earth did they show that picture? It completely gives away the entire episode!" etc.

... so I guess that is what you are talking about.

I checked a couple discs, and quickly found #3 is still an issue. I saw the thumbnail photo in the liner shows who the "real martian" is in the episode "Will the real Martian please stand up?" (remember the stranded bus passengers in the diner...). Yep, so that may be a spoiler.

I may have to go back and look exactly, but I am 99% sure the disc menu (#1) simply has Twilight zone -related theme music (sort of creepy background noise but not the classic title track). No voice over, for sure. I picked episodes 1 & 2, each opens a submenu of choices, e.g. play episode, play commercial, play w/ commentary, etc. There is some text but I will have to look and see if there are any plot spoilers or how much the episode is described.

Now that I see what to look for I will go back and check again... may have to find the right episode for a spoiler/reveal as such may not be apparent with every episode. I wanted to drop this note now in case I forget. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Rod Serling (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (854)