Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 29, 2012
My 3 year old loves play-doh. So I got him this for his birthday. The parts will not stick to Mr. Potato Head at all. The only fun thing about this is the hair and that is if my son doesn't shove the play-doh in without the one piece. If he does I'm digging out play-doh and then sticking the piece that needs to be in first so the hair will grow.
on February 28, 2012
My daughter loves her potato heads and loves play dough so we were hoping this would be a pure hit. We are very disappointed. The molds in the base are very hard to use and to get the play dough out. The play dough doesn't stick to the potato head very well if at all. The only fun part that my daughter enjoys is pushing the hands down so potato grows play dough hair but a lot of times the piece that creates the hair pops off the top even if we screw it as tight as it will go and only put a about half the needed play dough inside. We would not recommend this to anyone.
on January 25, 2012
My 3-year-old loves Mr. Potato Head and loves Play Doh, so he always wants to play with this set. But the parts don't stick to the head well (sometimes I can't even make them stick), so a lot of the time he ends up frustrated and crying. I guess it's a good tool for teaching patience and perseverance?

Growing the hair and cutting it is fun, but making the face parts and putting them on is frustrating. I was about to throw a tantrum myself.
on December 9, 2013
Our toddler has played A LOT with this. He saw it on a youtube toy review and was fascinated with it. Most of the features don't really work well. The only thing that we actually use is the 'hair growing' feature which works well as long as you have 'fresh' play doh and our 2 year old quickly learned how to use it. Boo to the supposed feature makers on the base. The resulting items are too large and heavy to adhere well to the vertical slippery surfaces of the plastic spud so we end up creating our own version of eyes, nose, etc. It's ok and was still worth the money - just not as great as we had hoped.
on December 24, 2011
I purchased this for my kids, ages 3 and 5. Setting it up was simple and did not require the instructions. The plastic seemed a little thin and flimsy, but holds up well.

Each of the play-doh canisters are the smaller ones. The details list 2 oz, and that's correct, but I want to reiterate that these are not the full-sized canisters sold separately.

The toy is very focused on the hair accessories (which I do have to admit, my kids think it is a blast to push down on his arms and have his hair grow). You get scissors, a fake trimmer, and a comb. Those are the only three accessories that come with the toy.

The play-doh does not want to adhere very well to the spud. Even smoothing down the sides did not help much, as the face parts were constantly falling down as I and my kids (very gently) put on other parts.

This kit would be better if there was some sort of flat scraper to help shape the play-doh when it is in the molds and remove any excess.

Overall, it's not a bad kit, and worth it for the $10 I got it for. I don't know if I'd actually pay the full price.
on February 25, 2014
I had a lot of fun with this Mr. Potato Head play-Doh kit. It is hard to stick the play-doh on the actual head itself because there is nothing to stick it to and the potato is smooth. The hair comes out nicely when you pull the arms down, but you can't get it really long because there is not much room for play-doh inside. It is really hard to clean inside the potato if play-doh gets in it, but not impossible. I would buy it again.
on January 5, 2013
I purchased this for my granddaughter for Christmas. I was very disappointed as the playdoh does not stick to the face and the molded facial features cannot be removed from the molds without damaging them--even by an adult. The two-year-old did like cutting the hair.
It is hard for me to understand how Playdoh would allow this product to be sold in its current form.
on December 29, 2011
We love play-doh sets in our family. This one is by far the most disappointing one we have ever purchased. Really, the hair is the only fun part but it is a mess to clean each time. Even the molds are hard to get all the doh out of. The play doh doesn't stick to the head well at all. Overall, it's ok to use when we have the other sets out, but not a well thought out product at all
on April 17, 2012
My son got this toy for his 4th birthday. He likes playing with play-doh and has many sets. He was excited to get it open and start playing! The best part about this toy is the fact that he has hair that "grows" and you can cut it or shave it off. That is the only thing he did while playing with this toy. You can make eyes, ears, nose etc. with the molds around the bottom of the base, but then you have to try to get them out without damaging the dough. Then if you get them out you have to just push them to the potato and hope they stick! He still plays with it, but only to cut the potato head's hair.
on December 30, 2011
Considering I got a great deal on this it has been well worth the purchase. My 2 1/2 year old loves to play with her sister's play-doh toys so she received some of her own for Christmas, Mr. Potato Head being one of them. Her favorite part by far is making the hair grow and then cutting it with scissors or giving it a buzz. The face pieces are definitely too hard and she can't do those on her own plus they are very hard to place on the face. We still have fun with him though.