4.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive Game~Time Management
Published on May 3, 2011 by Looneyluden

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat repetitive
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the Diner Dash games. There are SO many of them out there; I figured they must be good. Is this game good? Well, yes and no.

Published on May 7, 2010 by The Beagle

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat repetitive, May 7, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)

The game play is straightforward enough - seat and serve customers of several colors, get extra points for seating same customers in same colored seats; bonus points mount for 'chaining' or repeating the same action multiple times in a row. Seat, take order, bring food, bring check, clear table. There are a few more twists, but that's the general idea.

Once I got the hang of the game I found I could blow right through it. As the levels progress the only variety was in the patience level, color and volume of the customers - it gradually becomes more challenging but it also becomes repetitive. Another negative is that when you replay a level you are presented with exactly the same customers in exactly the same order lessening replay value somewhat.

I have played Diner Dash all the way through twice. I think that the game is replayable if you wait long enough between plays. I find it moderatly entertaining; whether it's worth the money or not is debatable. I liked it enough to buy the next one, but to recommend it? Perhaps not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive Game~Time Management, May 3, 2011
Looneyluden (Tucson, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
I am the type that actually likes simplistic games like this. I am sure there are many other people like myself, considering there are other titles such Cake Mania, Burger Island, Cake Shop, and other time management type games. If you have tried these games and liked them, this is a comparable game to those. I think that this is one of my favorites when it comes down to it. As you know, you play a waitress that seats customers, takes orders, clears dishes, entertains waiting customers and so on. The object of the game is to make as many "chain" actions (actions that are the same) as you can to make more profit. At free, I would definitely tell people to buy it. At $6.95 or whatever it is, I would tell someone to try it out and see if they liked it. Nothing wrong with trying something out before buying. You might figure it isn't your type of game, but at least it was available for you to try out. I also want to comment that I have Windows Vista not XP and it worked fine for me. Thanks Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Diner Dash, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
A fun time management game. Enjoyed by child and adult alike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Diner Disaster, May 16, 2014
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
The Diner Dash download did not work and I was very disappointed. I have downloaded in the past with no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Continued issues with download., March 8, 2014
Davida Kilgore (covington, georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
Game never would download. Followed instructions to the letter (very simple) kept getting error messages. No help from Amazon or game client. I've never had issues in the past regarding downloads from Amazon, but I'll be d****ed if I ever will again!! BTW, love the game. We've played it before. I will just not purchase from here again.

4.0 out of 5 stars yea, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
Love it.....games...buy more Dinner dash games havent had any problems with it...my kids love playing with me. Hmmm how to beat this level

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun to play, and at a great price!, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
I've been a die-hard fan of Diner Dash ever since 2007 when I got my first laptop. After getting a new one, I couldn't figure out how to get the games on it, nor did I have the money to pay someone to do it. Amazon has the games at a great price, and the quality is great. I have so much playing and although I try not to, I sometimes wind up playing for hours at a time. It's a very fun game that's a good way to kill time, and in my case sometimes, alleviate stress. I would definitely recommend the series to anyone who might be interested.

1.0 out of 5 stars I will never buy downloads from Amazon again, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
Gave my computer problems, labelled as 'malicious software'. Not sure what happened, but wouldn't recommend on Windows 8. It's definitely not made for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not like it!, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
I own the game before, this seems like a generic version of the game. I found the actual version somewhere else. This was I'm sorry to say, a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Addicting, August 25, 2013
This review is from: Diner Dash [Download] (Software Download)
Diner Dash is an old classic that I never bothered to buy until recently, and I am glad I did. Being able to play all of the way through and complete the story was awesome...!

Diner Dash [Download]