Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on January 23, 2014
I do a very thorough research on products before I buy them, and considering this was my first game console since my NES, I definitely took the time to look into Playstation AND Xbox. I'd like to preface that I was not even considering the PS4 & Xbox One cause of price point.

I really liked that the Playstation 3 was Blu-Ray compatible and you aren't required to have a paid account for system updates (I have friends who are required to buy Xbox live to update some of their games).

APPEARANCE:
The blue is actually darker than the enhanced photos you'll see online of the Azurite Blue edition. The color of the system is a deep blue, not quite navy but definitely not a "bright" or primary blue either. It's a really nice color that actually makes it look quite sleek and not toyish. I'm not a big fan of the sliding cover being plastic or ribbed, but I think it looks much better in blue (classy almost) than black (cheap plastic). The controller is also a matching blue, but matte and not gloss which I really like.

PERFORMANCE:
- When starting up the system, the interface is very intuitive and for being my first game system since NES, I was able to navigate around the main menu (and controller) very easily.
- During my research I read a lot of people having problems with the noise, but I actually have never heard the disc or fan running when I start mine up. Albeit mine is always sitting on the bottom shelf of my TV stand and I'm on a couch about 4 ft away. The only other time I've heard my system be a little noisy (disc noises) is when I've been playing a game for a couple hours and it sounds like the disc is trying to auto-save my spot in the game or something.. I'm not sure.
- I've never had an issue with the system freezing/lag but I have thought that the load time for some of my games has been slow.. I wish they would load faster. But I hear this has been greatly improved in the new PS4... but even at its ability now, I'm still happy with the system and it's not bad enough to justify buying the PS4.

SIZE:
This is a VERY compact and light system. It's really easy for me to handle and move around. If I ever wanted to move this system around to other rooms or bring it to a friend's, it definitely would not be inconvenient.

I'm not a gaming guru or a game console expert so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)
on January 7, 2014
This is my first PS3, and I have to say I'm impressed! The blue color really does look sleek, and the system works great. The main reason I bought this system was to play Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, but I found a great selection of other games as well. I've used this console for about a week, and along with having a greater selection of games, I prefer the style of the PS3 over the Xbox360 (which I was using previously).
on January 5, 2014
Absolutely love this blue PS3. The blu ray player is fantastic, but I recommend purchasing a blu ray remote for an easier way to navigate the functions. I opted for this over the PS4 for the price, obviously, and because the design is aesthetically pleasing. I have it displayed proudly beside my Xbox 360 Slim so I can toggle from one to the other.
on January 6, 2014
Been waiting forever for this color to come to the states. I gave my black one to my nephew as a xmas gift just so i could get this one. Same slim. Different color. I like buying limited edition consoles and handhelds. Now i have a red wii, a white 360 and a blue PS3. How patriotic =)
on January 29, 2014
This wa a gift for my son. He loves it. He especially likes the fact it was blue(his fav. color) and it is the slimmer version from the orig. We also have the orig. PS3 witch only has 80gs but this 1 has 240! Such a plus!!
on January 16, 2014
My old PS3 died on me so I had to order a new one and didn't want to splash out on a new PS4. So this was the deal I picked and I'm not disappointed. I like the fact it's a limited edition of the PS3 and love the color. I like how its a top loading system too with the sliding door. Great system.
on May 13, 2014
So, it didn't take that long to arrive to me, with normal shipping and everything. But once I got it, it was boxed inside of a box and had all of the accessories and whatnot that I needed for it. Except for an HDMI cable, which I'm glad it did not come with because I don't have an HD tv or any flat screen or anything so, it would have gone to waste. I've had this for almost a week now and I have no problems with it! The way the disk part opens up is so cool ; v ;
I have mixed feelings about this new blue PS3. It does work, everything plays just fine on it, and it does everything exactly as the old versions of the PS3 did. But for some reason it just feels a little cheaply made. For as much as it's being sold for, it seems like either the build quality should be brought up or the price should be brought down.

The old PS3 was a thing of beauty. It was a beast (even the slim model which I had). But when I got this one and set it up, it just wasn't as nice. The blue color is cool, but the whole unit felt light weight and plasticy. Not like it's predecessor. This one almost feels like it's not built to last, but I sure hope I'm wrong. I've had it about 3 months now and it's working fine. I'm hoping I get the many years out of it like I did from my PS3 slim. Time will tell.
on May 11, 2014
I got this for my son and it has been a great game console, a console that is well-built and the price was hard to beat. I would recommend this to anyone.
on January 21, 2014
Playstation is still working great a couple of months later, but the controller that came with it has already malfunctioned. When playing GTAV my character walks forward without me pressing anything. Other than that I'm satisfied.