4.0 out of 5 stars Now that this doesn't cost over $10 it's a good buy!
Update: 7/29/12
Now that the cost of this has come down to a reasonable price for what you're getting I can certainly recommend the product. Glad that this isn't selling for 4x what it used to. No issues with quality.

Original Review:
Published on July 18, 2011 by R. Frank

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the original PS3 Controller Charger
This is just a generic USB charger. It is NOT the PS3 charger that comes with the PS3 originally, which is what the product image and description claims it is. So, the product listing is pretty much false advertising.

Published on August 20, 2012 by begi88

4.0 out of 5 stars Now that this doesn't cost over $10 it's a good buy!, July 18, 2011
R. Frank (Aiea, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Update: 7/29/12

Original Review:
Alright first off this cable is highly unnecessary and if you purchase this solely for charging your PS3 controller then you are overpaying.

If you want a cheap alternative then you should just get this: Cables To Go 27005 USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable, Black (2 Meter/6.56 Feet) It is 1/2 the cost and does the same exact thing! If you need something even longer go with RiteAV - USB 2.0 A to Mini-B 5-pin Cable 15 ft.

Don't overpay for something you don't have to! This is nothing more than a USB 2.0 A to Mini B cable!

3 stars for being overpriced

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works., May 24, 2012
R.L. (Tacoma, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not sure what the top reviewer is talking about concerning the price. I got two of these for $6 recently. I know Amazon's prices fluctuate, but $3 is pretty darned reasonable I think. Anyway. This cord works like a charm and is twice as long as the stock cord that comes with the PS3. I don't know what more to say honestly. What more could you need out of a cord? It charges the controllers, it's durable, it's a reasonable length, it's very affordable, and it's a nice matching black color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have the extra length., January 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nice to have a longer charge cable for the controllers. This thing feels well made. Solid construction and seems durable enough. Charges just as quickly as you would expect it to with no issues. As always, Amazon got it to my front door in a hurry with no issues, thank you Prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, July 31, 2013
This is a good cable and I have had zero problems with it after a year of use at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 13, 2013
It works perfect. Very happy with the purchase. It was affordable and love how long the cord is. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars An extra never hurts., February 26, 2011
Gregory J. Mcpherson Jr. (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
For some reason Sony chose not to include one of these with the purchase of a new controller. Nor was I able to find an official Sony version of this cable being sold. In other words, Sony is content to let you live with the one that comes with your system. Well, if like me you believe that one isn't enough for your multiple controllers, consider your dilemma solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, July 10, 2013
This cord is just what I needed. My original charging cable was not charging my controllers. I received this cable and it's longer than the original and it charges perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the original PS3 Controller Charger, August 20, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

As to the generic USB charger that was sent to me, I would be fine with it if it worker but it only charges the controller about 10% of the time. I even tried connecting it to the my laptop but that would only charge it for about 1 minute then stop.

I did some research online and found that the original charger that comes with the PS3 is the best charger to get because the generic ones will not work for some controllers. Not sure why that's the case but lots of forums and youtube videos say the same thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what was advertised., November 25, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This item is not even close to being 6 foot long. It is the same size as the one that comes with the console. The item came in good shape and was timely making it to me, but it isn't what was advertised.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT compatible with PS3 brand, August 17, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This wire fits the PS3 slot, and fit the port on the controller, however it only charges my off brand controller, but neither of my PS3 brand controllers. since shipping is high, spend a couple dollars more and get a name brand one which has a protector on the wire, is longer, and fits all controllers.

Rate and Discover Movies