Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 wireless controller - Metallic Gold
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 27, 2015
I ordered this Gold PS3 controller because my Red one is broken down and starting to fail. I heard a lot about how people were getting fake controllers so I made sure this was sold and shipped by Amazon. It came a day early! and it has been awesome. The Gold color is perfect and it is without a doubt a true genuine Sony product. I'm very happy with my order and I highly recommenced this one to you!
review image review image review image
on May 13, 2015
I'm giving this 5 stars because I am already familiar with the top-notch quality of an authentic Sony PS controller.

But Amazon does not verify the authenticity of products sold under any given listing. So if you're purchasing this from an independent merchant, be sure what they're selling is authentic Sony merchandise. If the price is appealingly low, chances are it's an aftermarket knockoff, quite often of inferior manufacturing. Don't get taken like I did.
on February 1, 2015
I never got the right product I received a fake controller >:(
on November 15, 2015
I had fears that this was going to be a bootleg due to the lower than average price, (I paid 50$ USD - the price has since gone up), however, I was pleasantly surprised that, no, it is Authentic Sony equipment. Not only do all the serial and model numbers match, and not only does the package look right, but the controller has the correct feel of genuine Sony equipment. My used PS3 controllers from GameStop cost more than this New controller! The gold is a bright, shiny metallic. I bought this for my GF and she loves it!
on February 7, 2016
Really disappointed with how long of a use I got out of this controller. It worked awesome for the first couple months and all of the sudden it wouldn't hold a charge at all. I couldn't use it for longer than 2 minutes without it dying and it still only worked scarcely when I had it plugged into the gaming system while I was using it.
on December 10, 2013
Controller wasn't metallic gold it was a mustard yellow color. And it wasn't a new version of the ps3 controllers it was one of the more older versions. Seller should be more specific when trying to sell something not a good seller in my opinion.
on June 8, 2015
I have this obsession with having gold gaming things.. I don't know what it is!!

I love my Majorah's Mask for N64.
I had a gold controller for N64 that I got with Goldeneye back in the day and I've been nostalgic for gold gaming things ever since.

Anyway. This performs just like any other PS3 controllers, only it's gold! Love it!!
on October 12, 2015
Bought this at a discount hoping to save money after my kid puked on the original. Can't start most games because the X button won't respond. Seller offered an exchange if I paid shipping. Ended up just buying a new one to avoid the hassle.
on December 16, 2014
For those uninformed and looking for a cheap alternative, only buy a Sony replacement controller. The cheap units manufactured as replacements in China seem to work, but will not stayed sync with the playstation. If you want to use these controllers with the main station, these will need to be connect via the USB cable, otherwise forget about it. Note, Sony units do not use infrared for connectivity, but RF which does not required the controller to be pointed directly at the unit. You will not be disappointed buying a replacement Sony controller, but save your money buying the cheap aftermarkets which WILL NOT Satisfy (words from someone who has been there and lost)
on June 27, 2015
A good game controller. Stays charged for extended periods, but can be plugged back in and charged while you continue to play. Joy sticks tend to wear out or break if played in an overly rough manner, but that can happen with any controller.