6,089 Reviews
 (4,259)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested on Playstation 1, 2, and 3 games - it works GREAT on all of them!
Well folks, now that the dust has settled from the Sony vs. Immersion lawsuit, Playstation 3 owners are finally able to feel the vibe again!

I purchased this controller today and I knew the only way to properly road-test it was on the game that made the Dualshock famous, Metal Gear Solid. After booting up the game, I walked down the hallway and got spotted by a...
Published on April 20, 2008 by The Matrix Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!!
I think someone out there is selling bootleg controllers.

I purchased this for my girlfriend who was getting into games with me. The feel of it was never right, not from the start. I thought it needed to be broken in and that the L3 and R3 thumb sticks would loosen. I would have to switch controllers with my girlfriend since the sticks were too firm and it...
Published on May 24, 2012 by Slizzdog

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the Rumble., April 8, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
For the past year and a half something has been missing. You don't know what it is but theirs a void and somehow you want to fill it if only you could figure out what it is. You've played Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and Uncharted but something doesn't feel the same. Well worry no more your fears can now be relieved. Rumble is back to bring many of the PS3 best games to life. Granted we shouldn't have had to wait for this controller and its been a painful wait for Sony to settle the lawsuit and get the dualshock 3 into our gamer hands. But at least now its here and without it your truly missing out on that last bit of immersion games have been giving us for many years now.

Its not a new feature, of course, but its a necessary one. As a PS3 owner I've missed it and I've taken issue with Sony leaving it out of the sixaxis. No we can have our rumble and feel it too. The controller has a great weighty feel to it. Still includes the motion sensing of the original sixaxis controller. The rumble works on all of the best games, except for Call of Duty 4 but I'm sure a patch will be available in the future. You really can't ask for more. Its rechargable without the need to buy anything extra. Consider all the batteries you don't have to buy and it pays for itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Controller, June 1, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
First time I have ever written an Amazon customer review. I feel I need to. I just opened this controller's packaging and it didn't feel right in my hands. I figured that it had just been a long time since I bought a new one (though I go through them pretty fast - I only play the NHL series of games, but I must play pretty ferociously because mangle the controllers). Then certain buttons started showing problems as soon as I began playing - the directional pad doesn't work sometimes, the R1 button gets stuck, the R2 trigger is not responsive AT ALL (I guess the counterfeiters didn't figure out how to make them properly touch-sensitive).

This is CLEARLY, a knock-off controller. Like, you have to be an absolute idiot to think that this thing is real. I'm shocked at how many 5-star reviews this thing has... I mean, you can play with it, but it is obviously, obviously fake. People are unbelievably stupid. I looked at this page and thought I was crazy seeing all the five-star reviews that appeared. Thankfully I'm not, as you can see from the fact that there are over 100 reviews noting that it is a counterfeit. You would think at least one of those would appear on the main page, no? You would think the algorithm that determines what appears would hone in on words like "fake" and "counterfeit," no? Really disappointed in Amazon for wasting my time with this.

EDIT: Actually, here's the problem: Amazon combines the reviews for EVERY DIFFERENT SELLER OF THESE CONTROLLERS, so the 5-star reviews are all for the real ones sold by Amazon or other legitimate sellers, which allows the counterfeiters and bootleggers to slide through the cracks mostly undetected. How can Amazon let that happen!?!?!

And shame on Amazon for not taking greater care when selling goods. They are breaking the law by "fulfilling" these orders, since these fake controllers are using all of Sony's marks and they have a fake sticker on the back of them and everything. Also, shame on Amazon for basically hiding the fact that this was sold by whatever fake company sells these and only "fulfilled by Amazon" - if that was more apparent on the page, I NEVER would have wasted my time ordering this.

Way to go being complicit in criminal activity, Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly, this is the only controller to buy with a PS3 console., December 20, 2013
What can I say. Sony knows how to make things work. I have tried dozens of off brand controllers only to regret it ninety percent of the time. Issues generally stemmed from lack of response or I had to purchase batteries for it or the rechargeable battery in the controller went to crap after only a week or two of owning it. I have never had these problems with the original PlayStation 3 controller and will never buy a non Sony controller again.

1.0 out of 5 stars beware of counterfeit controllers, August 16, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I ordered a black controller from this page. Amazon (they were the ones responsible for the item shipped, not a third party) sent me a brand new sealed controller - that was counterfeit. Several of the telltale signs were present - raised LEDs on top, lighter weight, stiff and/or unresponsive buttons, slightly different shade of plastic, crooked PS logo, different font for all of the text on the controller, and the sticker on the back was crooked and simply paper, whereas the real thing has a plastic coating and is centered by a machine. I've been a long time customer of Amazon's, so hopefully this is just an oversight on their part. Nonetheless, this is a very serious issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars CONTROLLERS ARE FAKES!!!!!!, July 8, 2011
johnny rivera (BRONX, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
JUST RECIEVED MY CONTROLLER LESS THSN 15 MINUTES AGO AND EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! BUTTONS WERE DEFECTIVE...INDICATOR LIGHT IS DEFECTIVE...CONTROLS ARE EXTREMELY STIFF...THE COLORING IS A PATHETIC DYE JOB....I COMPARED IT TO TWO CONTROLLERS WE PURCHASED AT THE SONY WONDERLAB HERE IN NYC & YOU CAN SEE THESE ARE KNOCK OFFS!!!! I'M SENDING THIS BACK IMMEDIATELY!!! I'M SHOCKED AMAZON.COM WHO I GENERALLY NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS EVEN ALLOWING THIS GARBAGE!! TOO BAD AMAZON FORCES YOU TO GIVE IT A STAR AS I WOULD RATE THIS PRODUCT & VENDOR NEGATIVE 10 STARS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, August 31, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Works as expected. Same as normal controller with added vibration function. Works very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work perfect looks great!, December 21, 2013
Of course this works perfect and all. But maybe I didn't realize they don't come with charge cord. Just so ya know.

2.0 out of 5 stars i was being cheap and bought one from china, December 20, 2013
it came in and seemed fine. after playing games i realised that the analogs and r2 and l2 buttons were super sensitive. i thought this was normal until i bought a real one at best buy during black friday. it said sony, it had the ps symbol, but it was generic. Buy real controllers FROM sony

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying White Dualshock 3, December 31, 2012
Adding this review to address numerous Amazon comments regarding white counterfeit Dualshock 3's...

Purchased this controller to accompany my lone OEM six-axis controller that came with the PS3 - was not satisfied using a wireless Logitech PC game pad not designed for the system as my second controller.

I ordered the Classic White Dualshock 3, sold by Sony Computer Entertainment/Amazon LLC*, and everything seems to work fine. I've been scouring the web watching videos and reading forums discussing the elements that indicate a counterfeit controller and I'll post annotated images of my controller including the label area. So far I can't find anything wrong with this controller except at one attempt to turn on the PS3, it went into all 4 LEDs flashing after the system booted. I just had to press the reset button on the underside to fix.**

Controller inspection:
+Silkscreen SONY labels and button markings are aligned, printed smooth/cleanly, and match the colors of my OEM six-axis controller.
+LED lights are flush with the front side of the controller.
+Seams between top half and bottom are clean and not sharp, and flashing from the plastic mold on the analog sticks are clean.
+Buttons, analog stick, and d-pad all work fine. I can press the L3/R3 analog stick buttons down while they are moved.
+Label on back is aligned and flush with label area. No spelling errors, missing punctuations, or extra spacing (Enter tainment).
+Reset button needed to be used, so it's not a functionless hole on the underside.
+While inspecting label, I could not locate any 6th counterfeit screw hole under the label.
-I do see the red LEDs illuminating faintly through the face of the controller, not sure if that's normal.

Been paranoid and hesitant while deciding on this purchase, but I'm happy so far with my controller. Will edit my review if I find otherwise.

==EDIT==

*Looking back at my order, it says it was fulfilled by "J&R Music and Computer World."

**The controller seems to have trouble assigning itself to a controller number when used wirelessly to turn on the system. I tried resetting and making sure it was the only controller plugged in via USB and was able to sync it after some on/off testing. But if I wait a day and try to turn it on, I get the same blinking set of LEDs after the PS3 turns on. Have to plug it into USB wire or keep a paperclip handy, so I'm docking one star off for this inconvenience.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, September 25, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Controller worked for a little less than a year but all of a sudden without touching anything it scrolls up and down
I have tried to clean it every which way possible but it doesn't stop.

PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Candy Pink)
PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Candy Pink) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$41.92