Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 5, 2015
Beware!!! Controller is a fake, does not match original Sony color, and label on back also differs from original. This is a scam, I want my money back!!!!!!!!
review image review image
on February 17, 2015
I ordered this being skeptical but it is great. Just received it today. It is Sont brand, not off brand. After charging it, it syncs and all the buttons work. Came package in a nondescript box with paper packing material. For half the cost of a brand new one. Brand new usual 50, and Amazon watehouse had it for 25. Buy with confidence.
review image
on October 11, 2013
i bought this as a second controller when i purchased a ps3 last winter. both this controller and the one included with the ps3 worked equally well with every game. i couldn't tell a difference in feel or playability between the controllers. however, this one only lasted about six months before the direction pad quit working.

my family is probably not the most careful with their game controllers, but i've never had any controller break on me until now. we even have our old ps1 and ps2 controllers that still work (not that they get much use anymore). the price of this product would lead me to believe that it is a genuine oem product, but the durability does not. perhaps i just got a lemon.

UPDATE 10/19/13
writing this review got me a bit miffed about the controller's shortcomings, so i took it apart to see if i could figure out why the D-pad quit working. everything appeared to be in order, so i then put it all back together. a word to the wise: these little guys are not the easiest to reassemble correctly, so be careful to get everything back in the correct place before closing it back up. anyways, i fired it up and everything worked on it! i guess it's possible that the sensors under the D-pad got mis-aligned if the controller was dropped or otherwise jarred about, and my tinkering with it must have seated them correctly again. i will raise my rating from three to four stars since it is fully functional once again.
on September 25, 2012
Controller worked for a little less than a year but all of a sudden without touching anything it scrolls up and down
I have tried to clean it every which way possible but it doesn't stop.
on November 20, 2009
These new painted DualShock 3 controllers are better than the black ones, because the paint finish makes them easier to grip. The black plastic ones become slick when your hands sweat while gaming, while the painted ones have a matte finish that adds a little texture. I have a silver one and this red one, both have a nice look.

The problem with the red version is that the indicator light next to the usb plug shines through the casing. With the light and the paint being red, the light gets an intensity boost and it shows through the top of the controller. It's not a big deal to me, but is surprising coming from Sony as they usually don't miss details like that. Otherwise this is a great color red, with just a bit of metal flake. Get one of these and spice up your gaming.
on December 26, 2013
Died within months of lite use. this looks like a real PS3 controller but is some unknown maker and they will not replace it, or repair it even though you contact them within the 90 day warranty period.
on September 19, 2014
After four years of use my black controller's battery ran dry and wouldn't take a charge. I decided to go with a red controller this time just for a different look. Works as good as I expected. The only gripe I have is that the plastic seems to be more translucent when the red led lights come on compared to the black controller. Still I love the ps3 controllers and even use them for gaming on my pc. In my opinion it has the best d-pad for classic emulation, indie, and fighting games.
on November 12, 2015
It was great when I got it.

Then sometime later the vibration stopped, and then it couldn't hold a charge, and finally it died. It was a slow progression death but this controller didn't even last me a year, and for the price it was at, seriously?

Not worth it. Do they even quality test these things?
on January 13, 2016
This controller seemed to work fine but immediately started losing it's charge quicker than my other two black controllers. I don't think color plays into this. Maybe I just got a lemon. But mine won't hold a charge for even two hours at this point. Meanwhile, the original and an extra still hold a charge all day long. They are both older controllers of course. I normally don't give too many 1 star reviews. But in this case, the controller is useless. If I want a 3rd one, I'm going to have to buy another one. I probably would refrain from the red ones since I've had bad luck with them.
on December 3, 2013
Its a crap knockoff. Yes it looks 100% identical and feels that way too but upon use the left thumbstick sticks to the left. This is highly annoying when you are trying to play game like COD or battlefield as your guy wont stay still. I tried to return it but the seller only gave me a $5 refund. Stay away and but a used one from gamestop if you really need to save money.