Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Satin Silver)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 21, 2011
Warning! Theprinceoftrade sells counterfeit PS3 remotes. The package, design, materials and labels all match a real Sony controller. Here are the differences:

1) Sticks feel "stiff" and are hard to move.
2) L and R buttons, as well, are hard to press. Not "new" hard, as in they need to be broken in, but actually difficult to bring down. This is due to the counterfeiter's inability to reproduce springs that meet Sony's standards. Their springs are too harsh while Sony's are engineered for a soft and quick response needed in all forms of video games.
3) Most obvious, compare the back license label to a real PS3 remote. There are various subtle, and some big, differences throughout.
4) Remote has a raised plastic shell in some areas when in comparison to the real deal.
5) Game play will show you a controller is fake right away. I tested my remote on MW3. Pressing L3 did not execute a sprint, I had to slam the button to get it to respond. Holding L1 brings up the iron sights, but while still holding it drops them then brings them back up quickly in a glitchy manner, the longer I hold it the more apparent it is.
6) When pressing the PS-Button, the controller takes longer than usual (it's obvious) to connect to your PS3.

Get your money back and buy the real deal from an accredited store in person when you can hold and inspect yourself. It does make a HUGE difference.
44 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2012
I was so excited to get this gaming controller. When it arrived I ripped the box open and plugged it in. The controller was a knock off from China. I was so disappointed. I cannot believe that Amazon will condone this!!!!!! I am so upset and angry!!!
on April 17, 2013
I'm pretty sure this controller is a fake. It doesn't connect to the playstation as quickly as the real ones I have purchased and it also has a fake fcc sticker on the bottom of it. Also, it won't turn on the playstation remotely like an official Sony controller. The playstation must first be turned on before this control will activate. If this controller is plugged into the charger the playstation will not turn off. The battery life also only lasts about half as long as an official Sony controller. It's says Sony on it but it's far from being a Sony product.
on September 30, 2015
I was suspicious because it was about 10.00 cheaper than the controllers else where. But it is a legit controller. It has a matte feel which is great (especially if you marathon game). The color isn't obnoxious either. The buttons and triggers are tight as well. It feels as durable as other Sony controllers. I am not one for silver, the color kind of annoys me. But this is closer to a metallic grey. Very happy.
on September 23, 2015
I was skeptical at first due to a previous bad experience with a controller purchased from Amazon but I am happy I bit the proverbial bullet and got this. Works like a charm. The battery works as well which is an important staple to mention. I use it strictly for FPS games with control freeks.
on April 24, 2015
there is no serial number in this thing the guts look nothing like the real product the casing is falling apart the center button glitches out by pressing 3 other buttons when you press it and light wear is an understatement this thing is scratched all over the place and has half the finish rubbed off never in my life have I had a controller this s***ty and I still rock a Super Nintendo
on June 18, 2011
Anyone reading this will undoubtedly be familiar with the excellent feel and ergonomics of Sony's PS controller, but if you are considering upgrading from the original Sixaxis to this, you won't regret the purchase. The added heft of the vibration mechanism, not to mention the vibration itself, is a substantial addition (not to mention long overdue,) and is worth the price of admission. The battery life is also satisfactory.

Unfortunately, I am writing this review not to praise the DS3, but to criticize the durability of the finish used on the Silver version. I received this controller for Christmas in 2009. I've used it only moderately, using it to play through Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed II, Mass Effect 2 and Gran Turismo 5, which are all fairly long games. The first year I had it, I used it relatively little. Lately I have been using it a lot more, and I am sad to say I noticed the silver paint beginning to flake off above the X button. The paint was already wearing away where the grips touch the table when the controller is not in use, but that was almost to be expected. The paint rubbing off of the face of the controller was not expected, but not entirely surprising, just disappointing.

Originally I wanted the Ceramic White version, but received the Silver when the White was unavailable. I was hoping the silver color was actually molded into the plastic itself, and not simply sprayed on, but clearly this is not the case. If you are the sort of person that regards their controllers as simple tools to play their games, without concern for the aesthetics of the controller itself, you probably won't mind this. If you do enjoy maintaining the appearance of your console and it's accessories (i.e. a perfectionist,) you will undoubtedly be bothered by the bland white plastic that will begin to emerge from beneath the paint over time. I do believe the other colors use plastic of their corresponding color, and not just paint, so a color other than silver may be a better choice in terms of aesthetic longevity.
review image
on April 3, 2014
The Satin Silver DualShock 3 is just the same as any of the other colors, just speckled silver—it looks great under the right lighting too, very sparkly. The only thing I don't like is that the paint rubs off, showing a bleak, off-white controller underneath. Otherwise it is my favorite color of DualShock 3 controllers. I would really like to see this controller cast in bead blasted raw aluminum, that would be gorgeous.
on November 12, 2014
I still have this controller for my PS3. The left stick gets a little stuck, but that just maybe be a result of dust and moisture from using it a lot. Silver paint comes off after two months. I was a little disappointed about that.
on January 27, 2014
If you are a first person shooter junkie like me, you may be disappointed by the controller's durability. After a few months of playing games like Call of Duty, the controller goes wonky. Your character goes in random direction or is aiming down sight when it's not supposed to. Granted, I tend to play with an extremely tight grip and that probably has something to do with wear and tear. But I get the feeling I am not the only one.