Top critical review
65 people found this helpful
COUNTERFEIT FROM THEPRINCEOFTRADE DO NOT BUY
on November 21, 2011
Warning! Theprinceoftrade sells counterfeit PS3 remotes. The package, design, materials and labels all match a real Sony controller. Here are the differences:
1) Sticks feel "stiff" and are hard to move.
2) L and R buttons, as well, are hard to press. Not "new" hard, as in they need to be broken in, but actually difficult to bring down. This is due to the counterfeiter's inability to reproduce springs that meet Sony's standards. Their springs are too harsh while Sony's are engineered for a soft and quick response needed in all forms of video games.
3) Most obvious, compare the back license label to a real PS3 remote. There are various subtle, and some big, differences throughout.
4) Remote has a raised plastic shell in some areas when in comparison to the real deal.
5) Game play will show you a controller is fake right away. I tested my remote on MW3. Pressing L3 did not execute a sprint, I had to slam the button to get it to respond. Holding L1 brings up the iron sights, but while still holding it drops them then brings them back up quickly in a glitchy manner, the longer I hold it the more apparent it is.
6) When pressing the PS-Button, the controller takes longer than usual (it's obvious) to connect to your PS3.
Get your money back and buy the real deal from an accredited store in person when you can hold and inspect yourself. It does make a HUGE difference.