The PlayStation 3 160 GB Uncharted 2: Among Thieves bundle provides the action and adventure, as well as the unique blend of entertainment, excitement and fun that PlayStation 3 is famous for. The bundle consists of a PS3 loaded with a hefty 160 GB hard drive, a DualShock 3 controller, a copy of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a copy of the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid on Blu-ray disc starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith and a PlayStation Network download voucher for Pixel Junk Shooter. Couple all this with the advanced audio-video features of the PlayStation 3, which now includes disc-free access to Netflix¹ and you have the perfect means to enjoy the world of modern digital entertainment.
160 GB of PS3 power paired with a DualShock 3 controller. View larger.
Rejoin Drake and his crew in a whole new adventure. View larger.
Experimental liquid physics puzzle play in PixelJunk Shooter. View larger.
The rebirth of a classic story of redemption and coming of age in Blu-ray HD. View larger.
What's Under the Hood
As with previous models, the PlayStation 3 160 GB system features an IBM "Cell" processor and a co-developed NVIDIA graphics processor that together allow the system to perform two trillion calculations per second. Yet the 160 GB system manages to improve on this with its 45nm version of the processor, which although running at the same 60+nm speed as previous PS3 versions, uses less energy. This makes the unit's smaller size and quieter fan possible. Along with the traditional AV and composite connections, the 160 GB system also boasts an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) port, which delivers uncompressed, unconverted digital picture and sound to compatible high-definition TVs and projectors. (The system is capable of 128-bit pixel precision and 1080p resolution for a full HD experience) This console also provides for an extreme sound experience by supporting Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, as well as Linear PCM 7.1. Finally, it features cross connectivity with your PC network and PlayStation Portable (PSP) and its pre-installed, 160 GB hard disc drive allows you to save games as well as download content from the Internet.
Blu-ray, PlayStation Network Downloads and Beyond
PlayStation 3 utilizes the Blu-ray disc media format, which gives you the best high-definition viewing experience on your television, by way of the format's ability to hold six times as much data as traditional DVDs. This tremendous capacity, combined with the awesome power of the system's processor and graphics card, promises an endless stream of mind-blowing games and other multimedia content. This doesn't mean though that the PS3 is limited to Blu-ray discs. It also supports CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. In addition, PlayStation 3 system software includes BD Live support that allows you to play discs that support Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE), meaning you can also connect to the Internet while playing discs that support this format to obtain additional features. And of course PS3 owners also receive free access to the PlayStation Network (PSN), where through the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, they can download games, game demos, movies, and other content, as well as chat with friends, play mini-games, compete in tournaments and explore dedicated game spaces.
A Sensational Controller
The DualShock 3 wireless controller included with the PlayStation 3 160 GB system provides an intuitive gameplay experience, with pressure sensors in each action button and the inclusion of the highly sensitive Sixaxis motion sensing technology. Each hit, crash and explosion is more realistic when the user feels the rumble right in the palm of their hand. The DualShock 3 can even detect natural movements for real-time and high precision interactive play, acting as a natural extension of the user's body. DualShock 3 utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless game play and the controller's detachable USB cable to seamlessly and automatically charge the controller when connected to the PlayStation 3. By integrating all of these features into the popular PlayStation controller design, the DualShock 3 further enhances the advanced gameplay experience only available on the PlayStation 3 system.
Disc-free Netflix Video Streaming
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system is fully compatible with Netflix Instant streaming video functionality.¹ Instant streaming video on the PS3 is now available without the need for an additional system disc from Netflix. The PS3 also supports some movies and TV shows in 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound.
Synch with Your Other Sony HDMI Devices
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system features HDMI + Bravia Synch functionality. Bravia Synch allows connectivity between Sony HDMI products, without having to utilize multiple remote controls. This means that with the push of one button users can control compliant Sony devices connected to your PS3 via HDMI cable.
- CPU / GPU - Cell Broadband Engine (Cell/B.E.) / RSX
- Sound - LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTs, DTS-HD, AAC
- Memory - 256 MB XDR Main RAM, 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM
- HDD - 160 GB 2.5" Serial ATA
- Networking - Ethernet (X1 (10BASE-T,100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)); IEEE 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Controller - DualShock 3 wireless controller included
- AV Output - Resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)); HDMI OUT + Bravia Synch (1); AV Multi out (1); Digital out optical (1)
- BD/DVD/CD Drive (Read Only) - BD 2x (BD-ROM); DVD 8x (DVD-ROM); CD 24x (CD-ROM)
- USB Ports - 2
- Backwards Compatibility (PS1 and PS2 games) - No
- Netflix Video Streaming¹ - Yes, disc-free; 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound supported
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Follow-up game to 2007's critically acclaimed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the PlayStation 3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a continuation of the adventures of Nathan Drake, a fortune-hunter with a shady reputation and an even shadier past. Chock full of all the action, adventure, cinematic story elements and beautiful graphics that set the first game apart, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves adds deep online multiplayer options, including co-op and competitive campaigns, and a whole new supporting cast of characters, making it yet another must-have title for the PlayStation 3 platform.
- An expanded cast of characters who reflect different facets of Drake's character, including Chloe Frazer, Drake's current partner and new romantic interest.
- Varied and exotic locations ranging from lush, green swamps and dense urban environments, all the way to the ice and snow of the Himalayas.
- Unrestricted combat allows you to take an aggressive or stealthy approach to combat.
- Utilizes Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 purpose-built for the PlayStation 3 utilizes the PS3 technology to hit a turning point in technology innovation by recreating reality and capturing human emotion.
- No visible loading - a Naughty Dog hallmark - returns along with technology improvements in major game systems such as lighting, shadows, ambient occlusion, animation technology and physics, among many others.
- A Wide Variety of Online Multiplayer Options.
- Competitive Multiplayer
- Competitive multiplayer gameplay includes up to 10 players in heroes-versus-villains matches.
- Deathmatch: Up to 5 vs. 5 with customizable or preset game modes.
- Plunder: Unique style of multiplayer that encourages team work to transport a treasure across terrain horizontally and vertically over obstacles.
- Player boosters give you a variety of options to customize your characters to your play style or to provide an advantage over opponents.
- Co-op Multiplayer
- Up to three players work together in cooperative modes to accomplish set objectives with increasing difficulty and against special enemy characters.
- Combo system encourages further teamwork to increase a point total and currency multiplier.
- Weapon upgrades let you customize your weapons to your play style or provide an advantage over opponents.
PixelJunk Shooter is an experimental liquid physics puzzle game disguised as a shooter. In this subterranean adventure, players must manipulate and deform the surrounding environments in order to rescue survivors that have been stranded throughout the levels. The game features a dynamic liquids system to generate realistic water, lava, and more, creating a unique and unpredictable puzzle experience.
The Karate Kid (2010) on Blu-ray
12-year-old Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's (Taraji P. Henson) latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying - and the feeling is mutual - but cultural differences make such a friendship impossible. Even worse, Dre's feelings make an enemy of the class bully, Cheng. In the land of kung fu, Dre knows only a little karate, and Cheng puts "the karate kid" on the floor with ease. With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.
¹ Sufficient broadband Internet connection and Netflix Unlimited account required.