Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2010
This is a must have if you are playing with the PS3 Move a lot. It saves you from having to leave the PS3 on while charging the Move controller and/or the move navigator. This unit will charge either the controller or the navigator. I have put both of my move controllers in the unit at the same time and both are fully charged. So unlike the picture on the package, you CAN put two move controllers (the one with the bulb on top) into this unit and both move controllers will charge fully. Thanks.
55 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Now that I had gotten the PS3 Move motion controller and navigation controller the only problem I had was when the power died out on these two, and while you can charge them through the usb port via the PS3 console I found that a little aggravating since if I'm not playing any games why should I have the PS3 on just to charge these two controllers. Now with this separate charge station for the motion/navigation controller that problem is solved, you can charge either the motion/navigation controllers or two motion controllers since they hook via the usb ports on the controllers and since their for the most part cylindrical there's no difference in their over all shape for any problems with the charge station. The charge is very well done giving a strong connection between the charge station and controllers so there is no worry of not getting a fully charged controller when it's over, and yes while there are more charge stations coming out in the next month or so for $30.00 dollars and to keep you mind at ease I feel most people will find this a very good item to have for their PS3 move gaming console for now...
1111 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2010
I was in the market for a dock that would allow me to charge my PlayStation Move controller(s) without needing to use a USB cable. The main reason for this is that I'm not a big fan of leaving my PlayStation 3 on or charging this via a laptop or cable box. After checking out several docks, I decided to go with the one created by Sony. I realize other docks charge more controllers at once, but in my opinion, nothing beats out a first party accessory. This item doesn't overcharge the controllers at all and allows me to use my Move controllers whenever I want without worrying about the battery. I would recommend this to anyone whom is considering a dock for their Move controllers.
on May 3, 2014
Quick question! How easy is it to charge a Playstation Move® Controller (either kind) without a docking station? Not easy, is it? It rolls around, falls on the floor, your dog eats it, then you have to clean up glowing poo in the back yard... ok, maybe not that last part, but you get the idea. And, while I had a dreamGEAR charging dock that had room for one Move® Motion and one Move® Navigation Controller, but since I had two Motion controllers, this posed a problem. Thus, I browsed around online and settled on the Sony Playstation Move® Charging Station.

Construction

The Sony Playstation Move® Charging Station (henceforth referred to as the PMCS) is constructed from heavy-duty plastic and includes an A/C charger which plugs into the back of the unit. The two grooves have a contact at the bottom to charge the controller once it is seated within the unit.

Performance

There is not really a lot to elaborate upon here. Simply put, the PMCS functions as it is designed to; plug it in, pop in your two controllers (note that the ports can charge both the Move® Motion and Navigation controllers interchangeably), and anywhere from a half-hour to an hour later and you will have a charged (set of) controller(s) ready to go for a gaming session. With the flexibility to charge either controller in each port, you will always have whichever device that you use most often at hand!

So, What's the Verdict?

If you have more than one Sony Playstation Move® Motion and/or Navigation Controllers, this charging dock becomes indispensable. It keeps your controllers upright and stored neatly, and can accommodate two of the same or one of each of the controllers for charging. The ultimate in simplicity, you just set the controllers in the grooves in the dock, ensure that the dock is plugged in and getting juice, and let it go! What more could you ask for?
on January 1, 2011
Just got this charger for my two motion controllers. I picked this over some other third party chargers mainly because it uses the metal contact at the bottom of the controller for charging, instead of the mini USB port. It's very easy to drop the controller into the slot, and you don't have to use much force to put it in or take it out of the charger. This is much easier to use than chargers with a USB plug, and there are no risks of damaging the controller USB port.

The charger itself is elegant and simple and sits by my TV on the TV stand. There are no gimmicky, bright lights to distract me while I am watching TV (this is another reason I picked this over the other chargers). A small light at the lower end of the controller flashes to indicate charging, but you won't see the light unless you get up close because the light sits slightly below the slot on the charger. The charging automatically stops once the controller is fully charged, so you can leave them on the charger without damaging the batteries.

I would probably buy another charger once I get two more controllers. In my opinion, the easy of use and no risks for damage are more important than having 4-ports on a single charger.
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2010
Bought this to go with the PS3 Move & Navigation controllers since I didn't see the need to have my PS3 powered on just to charge the controllers. It came in handy for doing its intended job and provided a much faster charge than via USB.

There are other charging docks which would be available before the holiday season and those would be recommended due to the fact that they allow for more than two controllers to be charged at the same time that a given if you have more than one controller to go with your PS3 Move.
on December 7, 2010
charges move controllers in about 4 hrs, navigation controllers in about 2.5 hrs. Light on controller blinks while charging, goes off once charging is done, can leave controllers on charger even when done charging. Unlike some other third party dumb chargers I've read about, where you are supposed to remove the controllers when done, from getting overcharged.

Pros:
Smart charger
Small foot print
Uses two charging contact points, that touches the bottom of the controller, makes seating the controller onto the charger easy. Unlike most third party chargers, which uses a USB plug.

Cons:
No USB port, Sony could've included at least one port for charging the dualshock controller
on January 21, 2011
I'm going to try and avoid saying what's already been said elsewhere and instead focus on why you should get this charger specifically and not some other charger. Well, those third party chargers you've probably been looking at may be cheaper and they may have more slots, but there are downsides to them. Many of them use mini-USB connections, which might be a concern if you're worried about wearing those ports out. The Sony charger, on the other hand, connects directly to copper contacts on the bottom of your Move controller and uses those to charge them instead.

Also, those other chargers might have more ports, but many of them can only accommodate either the Move controller or the Navigation controller, and not both. This charger's ports can accept either controller type. Finally, there's the issue of third party peripherals in general. If you have as much experience with them as I do, then you know better than to trust them to do as good a job as the first party stuff.
on April 19, 2016
I really like this product. Its sleek looking and a much easier way to charge both Move sticks. They sit in a little loosely, but I haven't had any drops because of it. This product will be especially useful if you plan on getting the PlayStation VR as it's the best way to charge the Move sticks.
review image
on June 24, 2015
I think it's dumb that you can't just plug the move controllers into the wall. You have to have a proprietary charging station. That's Sony for you. They've been doing stuff like that for years. Hell, even Microsoft does that with their Xbox line. It must be a video game thing. I use the Move Navigation controller as a remote for my PS3 to watch Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. This charger always makes sure I have the remote charged and I don't have keep getting up to plug in the controller to the PS3.