4.0 out of 5 stars Works for what it is - toy golf club!
Published on August 22, 2011 by Chuyd

2.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but......
Published 21 months ago by Jeffrey L. Palmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for what it is - toy golf club!, August 22, 2011
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
I've been looking for something to use with the PS3 Move and the latest Augusta TW game. While this does not replace hitting an actual club, it does it's job by giving you something substantial to swing (versus swinging in the air with the Move controller). Lining it up seems to fairly accurate and with my swing, even gives me a little draw I have in my swing. Heck, my 4-year old can swing it (since it's short) and I'm not afraid of him damaging anything. I don't hit the ground with this thing knowing that it wont withstand an actual swing. Air golf is fine for me.

If I could improve anything, it would be great if you could somehow simulate the actual grip size (i.e. putting the controller in the middle of the club and having some sort of button on the grip to hold the button down). Either than that, it does the job.

Note: I'm a golfer, with a single digit handicap. This by no means replaces golf, but it's great to pick up and simulate when your stormed in!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Pretty Pretty Good, September 25, 2011
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
I bought this with some hesitation due to the mixed reviews, but I've had it for a couple months and have been generally pleased. It certainly makes the game much more realistic than playing with just the move controller. I can actually feel my hand position and it seems like I'm able to control shots more. It is very light, and most of the weight is in the grip where the move controller is. This is somewhat disorienting compared to a real club and I find I can't take a full speed swing, but I actually get better accuracy in the game with a smoother swing, so it's not really a problem. The grip is very large and it's hard to get both hands in a comfortable position, but this seems to be more an issue with the size of the move controller. The club is surprisingly durable. I've actually banged the club head against the mantle a few times by accident and it seems quite durable with no visible marks or dents. It's also just the right size, just big enough that it feels like you have a club in your hands but not so big that you have to rearrange your entire living room to use it. Overall I'm happy I took the chance and it has greatly improved my experience with Tiger Woods.

Pros: Good size, fairly durable for lightweight plastic, helps make game more accurate
Cons: large grip, club head could stand to be a bit heavier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but......, February 20, 2013
Jeffrey L. Palmer (COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
This item seems to track the camera fine but...the connection between the motion control holder and the club itself is very weak. Be careful not to hit the floor with the club very hard (carpet divot???) or the club will break at holder connection. (Ask me how I know this!) 1 week update:The design of this club is way too weak!!! I have had two of these come apart at the club/wireless controller connection point just swinging the club without hitting anything! If you buy this beef up this connection point before using!!!! I drilled out the handle, threaded the small thin metal barrel, installed a bolt through all of it and used JB Weld to secure the connection. Then I used electricians tape to wrap the club down the shaft about 6 inches and up thru the handle. This finally seemed to secure the connection point. If someone else offered a better built higer quality product I would suggest that you purchase it instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, October 19, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
This is a good product, nothing bad to say about it, it does what it says, and it makes it easier to putt straight, and helps you keep the club face in the right position, because without it, you really have no feedback on what you did wrong, it's easy to twist the move mote, and not even realize you are doing it, but with this attached, you can tell you are twisting it, the only problem is its just too long, I guess it's my mistake, I should have read a little closer, but I'm 6 foot tall, and my ceilings are eight, my hand can touch my ceiling without jumping, so, I could only get the club up partially, without hitting my ceiling. I ended up cutting the club down and putting it back together, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but it worked for me, it's not perfect, but I probably cut it down at least in half, I didn't really have a choice, all in all good product, I just wish I would have read the dimensions a little closer, I'm pretty sure almost everyone who buys this product would have trouble swinging it in their home.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars broke, October 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
The handle broke near the top, the little side pieces popped out and we didn't think they did much. Been supergluing it in place now. Happened in the first week we had it.
10/27/11- Posting again to update.

I've moved the rating up to a 4 now, CTA Customer support was next to none in resolving the broken club issue, great service and was great to hear back from the manufacturer. Hopefully this one doesn't break! It's been good so far.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 4, 2011 9:05:25 AM PDT
Hi,

Thanks so much for writing in and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. It is very odd for it to break off like that - since we tested it heavily before launching. In either case, I'd encourage you to contact our support team to see if they can resolve the issue (support@ctadigital.com).

Hope we can make it up to you somehow.

All the best,

5.0 out of 5 stars the guys love it, July 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
I got the PS3 with the move and the Tiger Woods game for my husband and he and my 22 yr old son love it. This club makes the game even more fun.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, will not hold up over time., July 13, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
Simple, this stick has potential in terms of being able to simulate a real golf swing. However, it is cheaply made and will break with regular use. In addition, even at it's shortest length it not safe for living rooms with low ceilings. Concept is sound, that said, save your money and buy an attachment that won't break after a month. MAJOR FAIL!!!!!!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 14, 2011 9:37:22 AM PDT
Hi K.

It's great to hear from you and read your thoughts. I take time out to closely monitor reviews since they help us provide a valid feedback loop into our design process. Everything that you have said has been carefully noted and we hope that we won't disappoint you again.

Please allow me to clarify a few things:

Size and ergonomics:
You have mentioned that it's not safe for rooms with low ceilings. After countless requests from our community, the size of this accessory was purposely matched with actual golf clubs so that players can use it in a natural and intuitive manner. Where smaller accessories always feel like toys, this specific design is made for those people who want the club to be closer to the ground.

Design and aesthetics:
Since our customer demand was to have something more "real" looking, we carefully selected the steel color palette and details that would make it look good compared to other plastic golf clubs in the market.

Quality:
At the end of the day, this is an accessory and not a real club. Though it looks like steel, it is intentionally made from high quality plastic so that it is safe to use indoors. While a stronger material would have been great for spatial distances on golf courses, it would have been impractical for playing Move games with and would have had a steeper price tag. We have to make sure that our accessories are accessible & cost effective for users to easily purchase, valuable enough for them to have fun, and safe enough to be enjoyed by people of any age.

Because of these things, this particular item is something that we feel stands above other such golf peripherals in the market. However, we will obsessively keep iterating until we have something that you will like too. I am sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to stay connected with you.

Thanks,

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!, February 27, 2012
Playstation Move Premium Golf Club

This I ordered because much of my family is into Golf and I thought that this would be the device to bring together the family, and it absolutely does! I like it very much although I have some suggestions. For those who want to buy it, you should wait until they recreate this one and release a newer club with:

-being an exact replicate of an Actual IRON Club, please.
-and they need to add a bit of weight at the end.

on top of these, it is pretty good, but when the Move Controller is initiated, it is off and is not exactly correct, meaning it will not go straight although your holding it perfectly in your room.

For an Example:

We have a bit to go to get our ball on the green, when we place the club on the ground trying to hit it STRAIGHT, it won't unless you open the club to go straight.

-needs precision

this Golf Club is good. There, something that someone who wants to buy this needs to see ^-^ ! lol! <3

to sum it up, it is very nice and you guys wanting to buy it should wait for the newest one they release and buy that one instead!

-Shawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever., September 9, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
I have been using this to help me with my real golf swing. It has helped with my iron play with muscle memory. Love using this much more than the normal controller!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., August 26, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club (Video Game)
The only thing I find is that the contoller doesn't line up the head. That is my only issue. Other than that. Great product.

PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club
PlayStation Move Premium Golf Club by CTA Digital (PlayStation 3)
Out of stock