on December 2, 2010
Not impressed with this gun. The stock fits on very loosely so if you try to actually shoulder aim like you would a real gun it wiggles around. I want a solid gun to press to my shoulder, this is flimsy.. and very small. It BARELY manages to fit for shoulder aiming anyway and I'm a small guy, a larger man would never be able to do it. The scope has no crosshair, it's just clear and does little other than highlight how inaccurate the move guns can be. So far, I have never been able to get the crosshairs on screen to consistantly match with my crosshairs regardless of type of gun or which game.

Also, most games seem to use the move trigger to fire weapons so it's not very realistic to use the front (left hand) trigger all the time. You would think shooters that are move enabled would allow you to map the buttons because of the many different configurations are possible, but not so far.

The people that make the games and the people that make the guns really need to stop and think about what they are doing. "Let's re-release resident evil 5 with move enabled! and we will make it so that in order to shoot, you have to hold down the trigger and then hit another button.. rendering it entirely useless to every gun peripheral ever made!" wtf??

So far, move gunplay has been one big fat fail after another. Some steps need to be taken to correct all of these issues or this will be one quick fad that gets very little attention. So far.. any combination of move, plastic guns, cabellas dangerous hunt, the shoot, resident evil 5... FAIL

Oh, and by the way.. I love that some IDIOT gave this gun a 5 star review without ever having owned or used one.. I was going to give a 2 but I have to give it a 1 just to balance out the 5 star reviews submitted by people that haven't even used it... not what reviews are for retards.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2010
I got this gun to play on the ps3 move with the game MAG and it just did not work out. The concept was alright, but I am a full grown man and the main problem was it was just too small for me. I don't even know why there is a site on the gun, it was impossible for me to use and hold the gun the right way at the same time. The places they have you put the controllers seemed logical but made it difficult to play as a left handed person. Overall I would say if you are wanting it for a younger player with smaller arms and torso it might work for you, but if you are wanting it for an adult to play with, don't waste your money!
on December 15, 2010
This gun is a total sham, do not get it, the trigger is at the front where the move controller is & u have to use yr left hand to shoot, its totally worthless.
on January 24, 2011
I was excited to get the gun, thinking that in combination with my Move controller, I would be sniping old school like back in the arcade days. uhhh...not so much.

The problem is mobility and button configuration. I can run around well enough, but when you need to crouch, jump, or interact with the environment; I found that I would literally have to take my hands off the gun and press the button up on top of it to activate the control (not good if you're in a heated fire fight!)

Another issue with this set up is that you are engaging fire with the wrong hand. The primary fire trigger for the move controller is at the front of the weapon, and the primary trigger location on the gun cycles weapons (this depends on the game in question). Additionally with the move controller, if your crosshairs go to the edge of the screen, your player will rotate, this all created a very bizarre fighting style: Running around engaging targets by cycling weapons, which subsequently caused me to unload all my hand grenades, then in an attempt to avoid killing myself with my own grenades, would try to jump a wall,, or box,,, or dead baby (anything for cover) by pressing the button on top of the controller, this action almost always brings the crosshairs to the edge of the screen causing my player to spin franticly in a perfect circle while jumping onto the grenade as if it was a kiddy pool full of Green Jell-O! Kaboom!

So now instead of killing the bad guys duck hunt style, I am doing grotesque ballet as a moving distraction for enemy cannon fodder, if I don't end up killing myself, I am surely mowed down by an insistent foe! Originally I was hoping to save myself by dazzling the enemy with my brilliant dance of the disabled, but it seems no one appreciates a good waltz these days.

The only good thing about this attachment is that I was able to get a few "most deaths" trophies and a light epileptic seizure. Good times!
on February 23, 2011
The scope is useless, and rifle can not be shouldered as it is short. If you are planning to shoulder and use it like a real rifle, keep dreaming.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Akin,

Thanks for your comment.

Please note that the scope is of aesthetic value only, and not for looking through -- as mentioned in the specs and marketing material. As for the length of the rifle itself, I'm not sure how its not fitting, since multiple people of different age groups tried it out while we were testing it. It has to be pulled towards your body a bit for holding it securely.

I hope you'll get a chance to play a shooter with it and enjoy using it. KZ3 has good Move support, we've heard.

Take good care and I'd love to connect with you on Facebook as well.

Amna
on January 8, 2011
This gun is nice and built well, the look of it actually made me purchase it.
However the gun has a akward button layout for those who snipe in first person shooter games. For running and gunning the gun works well however if you like playing as sniper in M.A.G then try the rifle made by icon. Which has a great layout for buttons for the move and nav controllers. However read my review of that gun before making a final purchase.
on February 28, 2011
This thing is suppose to look like the sharp shooter but it's crap, it feels cheap and flimzy and trying to access all the buttons is a chore. Do your self a favor and just get a playstation sharp shooter
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. I'm surprised that you bought it without watching the video demo (revealing the positioning of the buttons) or reading the ad copy.

I sincerely hope that you'll give it another try before disregarding it completely.

Anyway, any chance we can stay in touch to discuss future product ideas, feedback or thoughts?
on February 16, 2013
What a waste of money! I guess it's designed for show because the calibration sucks. I went online and it appears a lot customers are having similar problems. What a huge disappointment! Come on Sony, you can do a lot better!
on July 10, 2011
This product, as well as the CTA brand assault rifle controller (looks like a toy M4 carbine, sort of), are absolutely godawful. My wife and I originally bought the M4-looking one for my nephew along with the basic parts needed to use Playstation Move for his birthday. It was out of stock when we needed one here on Amazon, so we picked the gun part up at a Gamestop and bought a move bundle from amazon.

He thought it was the coolest thing ever, until he tried to play with it...he tried CoD Black Ops with the rifle alone and had a rough go of it, he asked me to try it and I had the same result. I normally carry somewhere around a 3.5-4:1 kill to death ratio on black ops and killzone 3, I couldn't break .20:1 with the rifle on either. We decided to just take the 10 mile drive and pick up the smg controller I'm writing this review on.

I think I'll go with pros and cons to make my point easily.

Pros: looks pretty cool

Cons: far too heavy for the size, especially compared to the Sony rifle.
Even being overly heavy it felt like something you'd break inside of an hour of playing with it.
The Move controller continually fell out of the gun, which completely ruined gameplay.
Costs the same as the Sony gun controller, which we ended up getting him after returning the smg controller, which he's been using since his birthday and loving, he plays killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 nearly nonstop.

The moral of this story: Get the Sony product and save yourself a few grey hairs and at least one return.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi M.,

I appreciate the time you took out to review this. I'm sorry that it didn't meet your expectations.

We're always trying to improve your accessories and have taken in all the feedback that we have received thus far for the rifles in order to offer a better one in the months to come. This is tricky, because for COD your nephew probably used it without the motion control - so he would have had to use the inbuilt Dualshock controls on the Assault Rifle. As for the Submachine, was he using this for KillZone 3. Was the Move controller's falling out the only issue that you had with it, or was there anything else too? I'd love to hear back from you to understand your situation in more detail.

Thanks again for your detailed input.
on November 13, 2012
I ended up just giving this to my son. the trigger is in the front which makes if geel strange and distracting. I shoot a lot of guns and this feels noting like one