Published on December 14, 2012 by Bobby Shornock

1.0 out of 5 stars I love the vita but I had to buy my year ...
Published 2 months ago by Kristy Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Playstation Plus, not 3G, makes this bundle worth the additional $50, December 14, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita 3G Bundle - 4GB with PlayStation Plus and Unit 13 Voucher (Video Game)
Let's face it, the uses for 3G are very limited, you can get on social sites, you can message, go on skype, check and send your email(Thanks Firmware 2.00), view trophies, go on foursquare, twitter, facebook, you can view some leaderboards online in 3g, but the major turnoff is the fact that you cannot play online games via 3G. So, the major usefulness of the 3G is if you are unable to Tether a phone's wifi connection to your Vita, or you are on a long car trip, and don't have a cellphone with a data plan. If the 3G SIM card would allow you to receive text messages without having to have an AT&T Sim card, and more importantly, send text messages, the 3G would be worth it for that alone.

The console itself is beautiful, the graphics are the best out of any handheld, and the rear touchpad adds a new element to some games.

The biggest flaw the Playstation Vita possesses, which will not be an issue to 90% of gamers, but is a serious issue to day 1 Playstation Plus gamers, is the fact that you have to pick and choose which Mini's, Playstation 1 games, and PSP games you put on there, especially if you go the physical route with your PSVita games, you can only have 100 applications on screen at anytime, the major apps you will use take 20, which gives you approximately 75-80 games to put on there. To the average, casual gamer, you will never hit this limit.

Do yourself a favor and sell the 4GB memory card, especially if you are taking advantage of Playstation Plus, as well as the digital voucher for Unit 13, and buy at least a 16GB card.

Having owned the Playstation Vita First Edition Bundle, as well as the Assassin's Creed Limited Edition bundle, I can tell you that this is the best 3G bundle, however any of the Wi-Fi bundles that include a game, will be the best value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow your heart, March 24, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Being a dad it's rare I get some money to spend on myself and I was going to do the logical thing and get a new laptop or a tablet with Amazon prime. I've wanted the PS Vita since I first saw it but it really hasn't set the world on fire. I did my research online and talked to a couple people who have bought them. Their eyes lit up talking about it. This bundle with four downloadable games and playstation plus is what made me pull the trigger. These are the best games out for the Vita right now. I always buy Madden for what ever system I have and bought Marvel vs. Capcom off of playstation plus for 19.99. I have also downloaded some free PSP games using playstation plus.

Just sit it on a table and you can stare at it's beauty. You can control it using the touch-screen and the games utilize the touch-screen option. The screen is amazing and doesn't collect finger prints. I've been playing games on a smartphone and it's just not the same. In my opinion you need manual controls. Make no mistake this system is for gamers.

I bought the 32GB memory card. The 4GB card is useless, to download and have all your games on the system you need more memory. Right now with 5 downloaded vita games and a couple of downloaded PSP games I'm at 12GB. The 32GB card is actually 29GB and as of today I have 17GB of free space. The first night there was some anxiety getting everything set up and entering codes. Sony is not the best at making things simple and just like my PS3 there are frequent updates.

The games are awesome and of course you are playing a portable PS3. It was the same feeling I had when I got my PSP "What? we can play PS2 caliber games on a portable system?" The operating system is smooth and beautiful and you manuever using the touchscreen. All your games and apps have a beautiful floating icon. Who cares about 3G? I have a new router and a crisp wifi connection. It's cool to browse the PlayStation store for new offerings and free games. This week for example, for PS Plus members PSP game Tekken 6 was free. It was satisfying to shell out 19.99 and get Marvel vs. Capcom, an awesome quality game. I've been paying 99 cents for apps I forgot what its like to have a non-bug-like real game experience. Most of your games will be downloaded and you will switch from game to game effortlessly. You're not carrying a sack of UMDs reving up the motor. It's a whole new experience and your Vita is like a brand new Lexus and the PSP is an old ford focus.

This bundle is a wonderful trifecta: Vita System X Playstation Plus (one year) X four top rated games

Everything was telling me not to get this - as this is a tablet world and console gaming industry is shrinking. Developers are not flocking to the Vita. What am I doing still playing video games? In the end I followed my heart and got what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Imperial Package of Excellence, January 13, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This PS Vita bundle is amazing! You're getting so much content for $50 price you are paying over the other bundles. You are receiving a PS Plus 1 year card, a voucher for Unit 13 (a 7/10 action/shooter game), and a 4 GB save card. Special note, all PS Vita games require a Save card. I would highly suggest that anyone who is ready to purchase a Vita bite the bullet and purchase a 32 GB card (special tip: browse Amazon, I got my 32GB card for $13 less than anywhere else). Its expensive, but you get the capacity for music, movies, downloads, saves, game installs and anything else you want to take with you. Keep the 4 GB card for some smaller game downloads, PS Minis and PSOne games.

If you already have PS Plus, that shouldn't be a problem, because the new card you get in the bundle doesn't expire for at least another 2 years. So you can use it after your current membership lapses! Or you can take advantage of "stacking" your membership; meaning it will keep going without interruption until the expiration date. As an added bonus, if you use the PS Plus card included in this package or purchase one & use it before March 4th, 2013, you will receive 3 bonus months! Lastly, with the PS Plus membership you gain access to excellent Vita titles! If you download the three games that they advertise on the box, you are getting the best of the PS Vita game library right off the bat. These games are free as long as you maintain your PS Plus membership!

The Handheld itself is a beautiful piece of technology. The touch pad on the back is awesome. Some games support it, and it helps make browsing through your game collection and menus a breeze! If you can't get used to that, touch screen saves the day. You can also use the buttons and analog sticks to do almost all your functions and inputs. PS Vita and PS3 cross platform play is also available. The Vita itself is very much like a portable PS3. Oh so pretty...*drools*

Screen is big, colorful, and bold! I highly recommend that you purchase Rayman Origins. This game absolutely astonishes you in its beauty, simplicity, and presentation. Its easy to play, and all the Vita's control schemes work intuitively with it. Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss bring that screen to life with vibrant colors and touchscreen controls! I hope that Sony and its cohorts of developers continue to produce games for this powerful and fully featured handheld.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing portable system!, July 27, 2013
I've never owned a portable system before - not even a Gameboy. This is the first portable system I own. I find it to be AMAZING. Below are some thoughts. I also own an Nintendo 3DS XL so I will comment on some of the differences.

Construction
The Vita is sturdy, and the weight feels just right. That said, there are two plastic pads in the back which, I assume, indicate proper grip but I've never really used them. Your hands can get a bit tired from using it too much, but I blame it on Persona 4 (one of the BEST RPGs I've played, and I go way back to the NES days) and not on the design itself. Having two control sticks is just great, as opposed to the 3Ds/3Ds XL which only has one.

Sound
The speakers on the Vita are good enough to not wish you were carrying your headphones. It is loud enough so you don't need them. The 3DS however is not very loud. Also, the Vita has Bluetooth which to me is REALLY important, as I have several Bluetooth speakers. The 3Ds has no Bluetooth.

Screen/Graphics
It will blow you away. The screen is just beautiful and the touch screen is incredibly responsive. Even the text in the Web browser looks beautiful. The HD pictures in Persona 4 will make you think this is pretty much a portable PS3! The graphics, however, may not be up to PS3 level but really close. Persona 4 and Zero Escape look great. PSP games played on the Vita look good also: I expect they would look blurry but they look just fine to me. By the way, the Vita does not have 3D as the 3DS has, but the picture quality of the Vita is just in a class in and of itself.

Memory
This is the big disadvantage of the Vita. You need a big memory card if you want to use Playstation Plus a lot. This means the real price of the system will increase by around $40-$80, because the memory card is proprietary. The 4GB card will be sufficient for saves for, say, 4 physical games, but you'll run out of memory fast. I suggest just investing in the 32GB card right off the bat if you can and forget about memory - sometimes they are on discount.

Game library and current selection
A bunch of titles for PSX/PSP, and some capabilities for playing PS3 games. The PS4 will improve this even further. I'm highly satisfied. That said, I feel the 3DS lineup is at least equal if not better right now (e.g. Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem, upcoming Zelda game...). I think the current Vita game selection could improve a bit but is solid enough. Persona 4 is great, as is Zero Escape and Mortal Kombat. I haven't tried Uncharted and Gravity Rush yet, which come in the bundle and are also supposedly real good. However, I do believe the legacy lineup of the Vita (PSX/PSP) is vastly superior to the legacy 3Ds lineup. Honestly, if you have a Vita with Persona 4 and Tactics Ogre (PSP) you probably won't need any other game for at least a few months!

Battery
I've never really gauged how long the battery life lasts, but I'm satisfied with it. That said, I'm almost always able to charge my Vita, so this is not something I can really comment on. It seems to me however that the 3DS XL battery last longer.

Playstation Plus
You'll get a free game around every two weeks or a month, and this truly adds up. For example, the PS Plus subscription is $50 a year. You get it for free. Just as I unwrapped the Vita I downloaded Zero Escape (almost $40) for free on the PS Plus. So it pretty much paid for itself. Also, I got Mortal Kombat at a big discount, and so forth. PS Plus is really a good investment.

Final thoughts
I think the Vita is a terrific portable system and an investment for the future once the PS4 is out there. Invest in a large memory card and PS Plus from the get-go and you'll build your game library in no time. If you prefer Nintendo games or can't wait for the Vita to have a stronger game lineup, you may want to get the 3Ds. Both are great systems (if so, get the 3DS XL - the regular 3DS's screen is a bit too small).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great system but overpriced for this, August 24, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Not so much a review as a warning, this is way overpriced. I went to Gamestop the other day and bought this same bundle for $200. Great system, great games, just waaaaay overpriced here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but low replayability, July 13, 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I found the PS vita to be very entertaining and worthwhile during the first few weeks of ownership, however there are not many games available for the system. After playing the same games for a while, it starts to become dull. So unless you like Japanese style RPG games, you will be horribly disappointed with the selection of games

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle, June 27, 2013
I really love the PS Vita. It's a very powerful device in a portable format. I just want to point out a couple of things that can be better:

- No internal storage.
- The 4GB memory that comes with this bundle don't hold more than 1 full AAA game.
- The costs for bigger memory cards are very high.
- I don't know why there are almost no Apps designed for this great device. Where is Hulu Plus, Crunchyroll, etc,?

Despite the above, I highly recommend the PS Vita (and this bundle)...you must prepare yourself for the upcoming PS4! Vita will play a special role in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its very good for handheld gaming, May 4, 2013
I cannot compare with other products, as I have a PS3 and this one and both are Sony's. This one is good for gaming and I love the sensors, entire back side is touch sensitive, particularly while playing soccer it is awesome. Even uncharted uses the back sensors. I love the augmented reality games, where you just keep a set of cards on the table and focus the back camera on those and to your surprise those cards convert to a game field or swimming pool etc, depending on the game you are using the card. Now imagine, you are the camera man for the ice hockey or diving game etc. It is awesome concept. Apart from gaming, it is lacking in big way in other things. Not many apps are available. Skype works well with this device with video calling. Browser is crappy. Even the email app is crappy, it doesn't display all the email contents, some of the emails it says PSVita can't render this.
I love this bundle, as it came with the Playstation plus membership, which comes with many free games including uncharted, it saves a lot of money and you don't need to spend money on buying games for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you were waiting for the right Bundle, get this one., January 20, 2013
Its a regular 3G box with a different cover on it and added stuff inside.

I've been waiting to get a Vita for a long time now, just need the right bundle with the right items included.

Probably the only reason why I got this, because it came with 1 year of PS plus, mine was about to run out and its 3G, although I'll probably never use it, although its there if I need it.

Only bad part, Unit 13 was on sale for about $13 on PSN at one time, if its not right now.

I don't know really what to do with the 4gb memory card, I have a 32gb one and its 80% full. And with PS plus you can use 10gb easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love the vita but I had to buy my year ..., October 16, 2014
I waited to buy my vita. When I bought it I thought it was going to come with a year of PlayStation plus and unit 13 and it had the WiFi and the 4 memory. But when I got it I got the vita and memory card, when I tried to contact the company about my year of plus and the game they never emailed me back. I love the vita but I had to buy my year of plus. So I was not happy with this about this sale at all I will never order from this company again. Plus read the fine print.

PlayStation Vita 3G Bundle - 4GB with PlayStation Plus and Unit 13 Voucher