4.0 out of 5 stars Is what it is... I guess
Published on February 15, 2012 by RX-110mw

3.0 out of 5 stars Half of what is required to charge a Vita
This is an AC adapter, and unfortunately, nothing more. There is no USB cable, although I wasn't very surprised after Sony did the same thing with the PSPgo.

Positives:
Published on March 3, 2012 by J. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Half of what is required to charge a Vita, March 3, 2012
J. Evans (Tampa Bay, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

Positives:
-An official Sony product, so it won't void your warranty if you break the Vita. A unlicensed third party adapter technically voids any warranties, but only if Sony somehow found out you had used one.

Negatives:
-Too expensive for only half of what you need to charge the Vita, you'll need to buy another USB cable seperately.
-Sony has placed grooves outside of the USB port to prevent other USB cords from being used with it. Some USB cables will fit, but you shouldn't plan on using it as a multi-purpose charger.
-At the time of this review, it's the only AC adapter approved by Sony. It's in your best interest to get licensed products if you bought an extended warranty from Sony, the terms specifically state that damage caused by any unlicensed accessories will void the warranty.

Sony will hopefully license power accessories from third parties at some point, but you don't have many/any options if you want an official product until then. If you want a Sony adapter, I suggest getting a PSPgo AC Adaptor, it'll probably always be cheaper than this one. I apologize for not knowing the proper term, but the input and output numbers (voltage?) are the same as the Vita's AC adapter. Both adapters have grooves in the same place designed to prevent other USB cables from fitting in them, so either adapter works for either system.

3.0 out of 5 stars No USB Cable, February 15, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
I bought this AC Adapter alongside my Vita and a cradle so I could have the cradle plugged in at all times and have an additional AC adapter for whatever. To my surprise when I opened the box, there is no USB cable included with the adapter. So there's no way to connect your Vita to this without another cable. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except it doesn't mention this fact anywhere in the product description, and the text and pictures actually allude to this being a complete package.
The real shame is that the USB cable is another $14.99, making it a $30 investment if you want to have maximum flexibility in where you charge your device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you both BOTH pieces, because why sell a whole charger...., May 28, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
WTF, only half the actual product needed to charge a Vita, ironically, I dont even need this piece of the charger...

4.0 out of 5 stars Is what it is... I guess, February 15, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
With the Vita's North American launch only a few days away, I bought this charger to keep at home (wired permanently into a drawer in my home entertainment cabinet), while the one that comes with the Vita (I hope it comes with one!) would be taken on the go. The charger looks like it would work OK (although I cant test it yet), but I am giving it four stars since this is ONLY the AC adapter and DOES NOT include the USB cable that plugs the Vita into it. In other words, you cannot charge the Vita with this product alone!

I did not find any mention about the lack of USB cable at the time when I ordered this product, but had I known, at least I would not have had the shock of not finding it in the box, and could have planned on buying the USB cable separately, and perhaps at the same time.

From my purchasing experience with the PSP chargers, the AC adapter came with the cable that actually plugs into the PSP. Since there was nothing in the description of this AC adapter that said otherwise, I simply assumed that I would also get that USB end that connects the Vita to the AC adapter as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not saying it doesn't work but it's only half. ..., October 27, 2014
Cooper "Coop" (pace, fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
Not saying it doesn't work but it's only half. What is up with that. It's not even the part that quits working. I should have read the reviews. Did not think I would really need too. No where does it say it's only half unless you look at the picture. It should be more explicit in stating that it is only half. Especially if it's the other half you really need.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to fit as good as the original, July 9, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
Doesn't seem to fit as good as the original. Charges just fine, I just have to push it in really hard to get a charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine charger, June 11, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
This charger it to replace one I lost and subsequently found. I now have two. Yippee. It functions exactly as well as the one which came with the VITA in the first place. I can recomend this item to anyone who need a charger for their VITA.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTRA, June 9, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
I bought this cord as an extra for my son and he stays in his over night bag so he never forgets it. No more calling mom in the middle of a sleep over because you need your charger!

5.0 out of 5 stars A product that does what it says!!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
it is about the only thing on the market that will charge a Ps Vita. I have notticed that these are rugged and seem to do a great job charging the unit. I'm very happy with my purchase of this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it when it was 2 something dollars, March 5, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor (Video Game)
Great deal for an extra set of charger for my vita and great as a gift to a friend in need.

PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor
PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
$14.99 $11.10