Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 21, 2012
You'll need the original charger for this. It has a hole in the back that matches the one on the bottom of the Vita. Most people know that, but there it is, just in case.

The actual cradle is extremely lightweight. The front is faux brushed aluminum, and the whole thing is nice and sturdy for what it is: a basic dock.

It's nice to have the Vita facing me on my nightstand so I can poke around and see what's on the screen while lying on my side. It could be used handsfree for watching movies or messing around with the internet.

The thing that impressed me the most about this unit is that the Vita is fully accessible while docked, and more importantly, usable at the same time. The whole thing is so light and unobtrusive, with no uncomfortable edges, that there's no need to mess with the cable at all. You can dock it and pick it up to play it without unplugging and replugging the charger because the cradle so light.

Highly recommended, especially at Amazon's discounted price vs. retailers.
on December 22, 2014
I didn't want to just lay my PS Vita on my entertainment cabinet, so i bought this cradle to turn my Vita int a display item. Quality is good, but there's nothing to get excited about - it's just a cradle, and you have to use your OEM charge cable with it, since it doesn't come with a cable.
on August 15, 2013
I like this Vita cradle but I wish it was a bit heavier or made of something more than just plastic. Sure it charges the Vita nicely and it has an audio output port but it feels like it would shatter if you dropped it on a hard surface. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who expected this to be a bit heavier when they unboxed it, but it costs less than twenty dollars and it does what it claims to do.

I'd recommend this to anyone with a Vita. It's always better to have something in a cradle and protected from scratches on the backside...especially a Vita since it has the rear touch capabilities (you wouldn't want to damage that).
on November 18, 2015
This is a somewhat useful accessory for a fairly obscure gaming platform (i.e., the Playstation Vita). The cradle fits the 1000 model (not sure about the 2000 version). It does not come with any cables, so you'll have to use your own power & sync connections. In the back, it has a jack to connect the proprietary vita cable and for headphones. Unfortunately, the headphone feature does not work with the Vita's own audio controls. This means that (unless your headphones have their own independent volume control), using the dock's headphone port means you have to always listen at full volume.
on July 1, 2014
I originally bought this stand because I was used to having one for my 3DS. This stand is great for charging your Vita with no hassle. I also use this stand to watch Netflix on my Vita as a second screen. The viewing angle is great and I like that I no longer have to lay my Vita flat on my desk where it would collect so much dust
on March 6, 2012
Ok, it's debatable whether Sony should've include the cradle and not charge extra, but that won't factor in my review.

The package comes with a single piece: cradle. No adapter, no cables. This loses one star for otherwise a solid cradle.

The front looks like brushed aluminum, with brush go from side to side. It matches the side trim of the Vita. The back has two connectors. One is for the connector that comes with the Vita, providing power and data. The second one is the audio in. I plug it into my second set of PC speakers, which is great when turning on Netflix or custom videos or music as background entertainment.

The cradle is deep enough where it is as solid on a flat surface as it can be standing alone. However, pressing buttons on Vita while in the cradle will tilt it backward, unless you have something to glue the cradle to the surface. On another hand, the cradle has three square rubber cushion on the bottom, which are anti-slip.

Good cradle, with construction and looks that *may* worth $20. But if you need one, it's reasonable price to get one.
on September 15, 2014
Works almost flawlessly except for the fact that you can't control volume output once you plug it in the charger cradle.

If you plug in like a mini external speaker it's going to be ridiculously loud and you won't be able to control the volume from the Vita, only from the speakers if they have the option.

Other than that flaw it's a great cradle, doesn't need power to use external speakers or headphone.
on March 27, 2014
This PS Vita Cradle is well constructed and does what it's supposed to. What I like most about it is how easy it is to charge the Vita now without having to have it lying around plugged into the wall, plus it displays it nicely. Right now it's selling for $10, which is definitely a steal since I paid $20 for it new. It is a great accessory if you own a vita, buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on December 29, 2014
Like this because it makes my Vita handy when wanted. I keep it on top of my TV stand where I can grab it when I want. Wish the plug was a little longer to accommodate a silicon cover but otherwise a great piece
on October 1, 2015
Great cradle/charger. Better than having to fiddle around with a cable on a nightstand or desk. Nice and heavy, stands good, and the vita looks good docked in it. Angled back while it charges, obviously can't play it while it's charging, but it definitely gets more playtime now due to the vita's "meh" battery life. Recommended.