5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
I feel that I should write a review on this due to the other review posted that was negative. 1st off the card works great, the card doesn't offer a full 64gb of memory but it does give 59gb. I ordered this from japan and it arrived shortly and works great on the American vita models, it has all of the space I need and more.

In reference to the other person...
Published 13 months ago by buck

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great..
Worked great...............at first, but 2 month later my vita wont recognize the card at all, although it does my other 8gb card, complete waste of money :(
Published 4 months ago by Ixca Sanchez

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 17, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)

In reference to the other person who feels that the card costs as much as the system, someone probably ordered a few and is raising the price by a large margin. These cards will only cost about $100 when they are released in the USA, the one card available through amazon prime is setting prices that are unreasonable, $175 is far too much however I was able to get one for $125 through Hananoiro Shop.

If you need the space then I would say to get this card, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. I've noticed that a lot of people have been giving this product negative reviews, I wanted to just tell people that these guys aren't upset because the product is faulty or defective but they gave it poor reviews because they are unhappy with the price.

Update 3-18-2014 Ive already filled up my card and ill be buying a second one, I still recommend this product greatly and I wanted to inform people that certain games will take up a lot of space like the release of Final Fantasy X for the PS Vita which takes up a whopping 6.6GB, I do agree its overpriced but I need another one and Im just grateful that they make a card this big since the original PSP maxed out at 32GB, hopefully in the future they release an even bigger card around 128GB but im fairly certain for this format that they wont and if they did it would be over $200 easy

Update 7-13-2014 The vita can play certain PS1 games such as MGS1, to transfer them youll have to buy them on your ps3 and manually sync them with a USB cable

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll (probably) never need another card again!, May 9, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
Let me get this out of the way first: I despise Sony's proprietary price gouging with a fiery passion. For this much money, you can buy a decent 120GB SSD. But I digress. This card will display 59GB when you look at its storage capacity on the Vita itself. I've included an explanation at the end of this review on why your card will read 59GB when you put it in. For those of you who don't want to read all of it, 59GB is what is displayed and this is not incorrect, nor is saying that it is 64GB wrong, it's just a common deceptive practice in today's digital storage market.

This card, despite being a Japanese import, works just fine on American PS Vitas. What you are buying is a direct Japanese import, not a card that's been localized for North America. I'm using it on my NA PCH-2000 and I've played games from it, it works just fine. The amount of data on this card makes it a far better deal than all the other cards, and you'll never realisitcally fill this thing unless you're a Vita junkie and have a ridiculous number of games from PSN downloads. I put 5 PS Vita games (Borderlands 2 with all DLC, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, and WipEout 2048) and 3 PSone classic games (Front Mission 3, FFVII, and FFVIII) on here and it's only taken up 9GB of space. You can get by on the 32GB card, but I'd rather not have to worry about disk space, especially for a relatively minor increase in price comparatively speaking. Swapping cards is frustrating on PS Vita, mainly because it requires you to completely reboot, it's nothing like PSP. However, that's on the Vita's end, not this card's.

An explanation on digital storage sizes:

The card holds 64GB measured in metric units as opposed to binary units. What's the difference you ask? This is a fairly common practice that many people misunderstand. This thing will display 59GB to your console, despite the fact that it is in fact 64GB. Why? It's not because 5GB is allotted to "formatting" (it doesn't take 5GB to do that). 64GB is measured in metric units, meaning it is measured as 64 billion bytes, since giga- means billion. In computer architecture, measurements are based on binary units, meaning each power of 10 is actually 10 bits, which is 2^10 = 1024 Bytes = 1kB. Expanding this, 1MByte = 1024kBytes = 1,048,576Bytes, and 1GB = 1024MB = 1,048,576kB = 1,073,741,824Bytes in binary units. However, in metric units, 1GB = 1,000,000,000Bytes. The difference is then 1,000,000,000/1,073,741,824 = 0.931, so metric measurements allow them to display sizes that are actually 7% smaller. If you do the math, 0.931*64GB = 59.6GB, so it's 64GB in metric (what they write), 59.6GB in binary (what the computer reads). This is a common business practice and is how literally every form of digital storage is marketted nowadays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but expensive., December 23, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
I paid $120.00 to never have to worry about memory space on my Vita again. Considering that the 32 GB card is $99.99 regular, it's not that bad of a deal. Still very expensive for the amount of space you get compared to a regular SD card. Got it imported and it works perfect on my US system. FYI you only get 59 GB.

4.0 out of 5 stars A spacious card (and the best in terms of dollars per GB), but still very expensive, February 11, 2014
Nate D. (Las Cruces, NM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
I previously owned a 16GB card for my Vita, upgrading from the 4GB card the unit came with. However, as a Playstation Plus subscriber, I quickly found myself running out of room on that card too. After learning that this 64GB card works with any Vita despite only being available in Japan at the moment, I decided to take the plunge and quadruple my space once again.

The card itself is outstanding, and hasn't given me a single problem. With 59GB of usable space, it can easily hold every single free game released on PS+ thus far, with plenty of space remaining for other Vita/PSP/PS1 games and media. No more deliberating on which game to delete...at least for now.

Having said that, on to the obvious negative. I know everyone's pointed it out before, but Vita memory cards are quite expensive. That's still very much the case here, but this card is easily the best in terms of dollars per gigabyte. A 32GB Vita card is usually about $80; this card has double that space for only about $30 more.

Bottom line: this is the kind of card the Vita always needed. Vita games can be up to 4GB in size, and those smaller cards aren't going to cut it if you get a lot of games digitally (i.e., if you're a Plus subscriber). If you're upgrading your card, though, might as well upgrade to this one. It's pricey, but it's also the best deal on Vita memory you can get right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS Vita must have., June 18, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
As a release day owner of my Vita, I started out with the 8g card. With few games at the time this wasn't really a big deal. I soon jumped up to the 16g and stuck it out there because I didn't want to pay so much more for the 32g. Now with a larger library of games, especially those with PS Plus subscriptions and other downloaded games available I really didn't want to wait any longer. I was a bit hesitant at first to import the 64g card since they are only available in Japan. Sony hasn't released them in the US (which boggles the mind) and at first some of the price gouging on them was insane. After waiting a bit for the price to drop I took the plunge.

The 64GB card has gotten a lot of bad reviews. Why? Not because of a faulty item, but because of price. I can understand this as I hesitated for a long time before purchasing any card bigger than the 8GB. It's also understandable as many sellers were significantly price gouging when these were first released in Japan. Consumers want Sony to know they are unhappy with the choice to keep us locked to purchasing their memory. Yes, Sony has made a smart move to lock consumers in. Now that the new version of the Vita is out, it's pretty obvious it isn't going to change. There is no reason to keep a smaller number of games, music, and videos on your Vita if you really don't have to. The price is considerable, but it's the best bang for your buck. If you purchase any of the smaller cards you're ending up paying more in the long run even when they are on sale. (Black Friday/Cyber Monday included)

Yes, it WILL work on your US Vita. These cards are not region locked. I have a US Launch Vita and it works just fine. Keep in mind you'll need to format it when it arrives, at least I needed to. This card will display as being 59GB, when it fact it is 64GB. It's just how the memory is measured, it doesn't mean the memory is faulty or anything like that. As other reviewers have agreed it's a common business practice with memory and it's nothing to be concerned about. Just a heads up as I've read a lot of people are confused and even angered by it.. but it's just how memory works. Backing up your Vita and then moving everything over to the new card is simple. Just connect it to your computer, backup/restore and you're good to go.

I for one like physical copies of games. Call me old school but I like having a product I can hold. That's not to say I don't have plenty of downloadable titles as well (Final Fantasy, Walking Dead, PS Plus freebies..etc). I have pretty much every title I own on my Vita right now with room to spare and that feels good. To re-iterate there are no plans to bring this card to the US as of yet. It was initially announced about it's release in Japan last November 2013. So if you're waiting for it to come out here, don't bother. I got this for a decent price with Prime. It arrived quickly, safely and in new condition. I've had no issues with it and love the fact that I have so much space available. If you're a Vita junkie like me you can't go wrong here. Don't sell yourself short purchasing a 32GB card that won't save you money in the end. Purchase from a trusted seller and give your Vita some freedom. Hate on Sony for smart business practice but in the end the product does work.

Pro's:
Isn't Region locked.
59GB, plenty of space for your favorite games, music, movies, etc.
Easy to install and use.

Con's:
Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, March 4, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
I had a 32 gb chip and was running out of room. Now I don't see that Happening for at lease for some time. I did keep a hold of my old chip just in case, but it found that it is a real pain to switch between the chips. Vita must be turned completely off and when the new chip is in you loose all the arrangements you had setup with the apps

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but a great memory card for the PS Vita., July 18, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
A little pricey, but this is the best option for your PS Vita, especially if you're looking to do a lot of digital downloads from the PSN store. It will be able to store most of your gaming and media needs with some room to spare. Previously I had purchased an 8 gb card when I bought the Vita, but that quickly filled up, so I was looking for something with a little bit more memory and this was the biggest option they had. I transported all of my files and savegames from my other memory card via Sony's own "memory transfer program" that works on both Mac and PC, and now I don't have to worry about using up all my space. Like I said, the price is a little on the high side for a memory card, and Sony sucks you in with their specific Vita memory cards, but if you use your Vita a lot, this one is a no-brainer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great.., August 6, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great having the storage but unfortunately pricey....o well, September 11, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
Over priced but i love having everything on my Vita with room to spare so to me it was worth the money. Works perfect and i have thousands of hours of gameplay all in my handheld. I would recommend it for people with alot of games cause its stupid having to swap out cards and reset the unit each time and not remember whats on what. Price sucks but quality is good

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of storage, June 20, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) (Video Game)
I'm in the United States Navy and I bought this because I'll have a lot of time where I can't carry around a ton of games, and this is perfect for that situation.

PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J)
PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
$95.00