Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641J)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 9, 2014
Let me get this out of the way first: I despise Sony's proprietary price gouging with a fiery passion. For this much money, you can buy a decent 120GB SSD. But I digress. This card will display 59GB when you look at its storage capacity on the Vita itself. I've included an explanation at the end of this review on why your card will read 59GB when you put it in. For those of you who don't want to read all of it, 59GB is what is displayed and this is not incorrect, nor is saying that it is 64GB wrong, it's just a common deceptive practice in today's digital storage market.

This card, despite being a Japanese import, works just fine on American PS Vitas. What you are buying is a direct Japanese import, not a card that's been localized for North America. I'm using it on my NA PCH-2000 and I've played games from it, it works just fine. The amount of data on this card makes it a far better deal than all the other cards, and you'll never realisitcally fill this thing unless you're a Vita junkie and have a ridiculous number of games from PSN downloads. I put 5 PS Vita games (Borderlands 2 with all DLC, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, and WipEout 2048) and 3 PSone classic games (Front Mission 3, FFVII, and FFVIII) on here and it's only taken up 9GB of space. You can get by on the 32GB card, but I'd rather not have to worry about disk space, especially for a relatively minor increase in price comparatively speaking. Swapping cards is frustrating on PS Vita, mainly because it requires you to completely reboot, it's nothing like PSP. However, that's on the Vita's end, not this card's.

An explanation on digital storage sizes:

The card holds 64GB measured in metric units as opposed to binary units. What's the difference you ask? This is a fairly common practice that many people misunderstand. This thing will display 59GB to your console, despite the fact that it is in fact 64GB. Why? It's not because 5GB is allotted to "formatting" (it doesn't take 5GB to do that). 64GB is measured in metric units, meaning it is measured as 64 billion bytes, since giga- means billion. In computer architecture, measurements are based on binary units, meaning each power of 10 is actually 10 bits, which is 2^10 = 1024 Bytes = 1kB. Expanding this, 1MByte = 1024kBytes = 1,048,576Bytes, and 1GB = 1024MB = 1,048,576kB = 1,073,741,824Bytes in binary units. However, in metric units, 1GB = 1,000,000,000Bytes. The difference is then 1,000,000,000/1,073,741,824 = 0.931, so metric measurements allow them to display sizes that are actually 7% smaller. If you do the math, 0.931*64GB = 59.6GB, so it's 64GB in metric (what they write), 59.6GB in binary (what the computer reads). This is a common business practice and is how literally every form of digital storage is marketted nowadays.
1111 comments|193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
I feel that I should write a review on this due to the other review posted that was negative. 1st off the card works great, the card doesn't offer a full 64gb of memory but it does give 59gb. I ordered this from japan and it arrived shortly and works great on the American vita models, it has all of the space I need and more.

In reference to the other person who feels that the card costs as much as the system, someone probably ordered a few and is raising the price by a large margin. These cards will only cost about $100 when they are released in the USA, the one card available through amazon prime is setting prices that are unreasonable, $175 is far too much however I was able to get one for $125 through Hananoiro Shop.

If you need the space then I would say to get this card, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. I've noticed that a lot of people have been giving this product negative reviews, I wanted to just tell people that these guys aren't upset because the product is faulty or defective but they gave it poor reviews because they are unhappy with the price.

Update 3-18-2014 Ive already filled up my card and ill be buying a second one, I still recommend this product greatly and I wanted to inform people that certain games will take up a lot of space like the release of Final Fantasy X for the PS Vita which takes up a whopping 6.6GB, I do agree its overpriced but I need another one and Im just grateful that they make a card this big since the original PSP maxed out at 32GB, hopefully in the future they release an even bigger card around 128GB but im fairly certain for this format that they wont and if they did it would be over $200 easy

Update 7-13-2014 The vita can play certain PS1 games such as MGS1, to transfer them youll have to buy them on your ps3 and manually sync them with a USB cable
2323 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
I paid $120.00 to never have to worry about memory space on my Vita again. Considering that the 32 GB card is $99.99 regular, it's not that bad of a deal. Still very expensive for the amount of space you get compared to a regular SD card. Got it imported and it works perfect on my US system. FYI you only get 59 GB.
33 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2014
Yes, it's hard to swallow the price of this card, and it would be nice if it didn't have to be imported to the US, but that being said, I am EXTREMELY happy to have it.

I really like the idea of going all-digital for many reasons, like 1. don't have to take extra time to shuffle around game cards if you want to switch out games when you're on the go, 2. don't have to find space to carry all the extra cards when traveling, 3. environmentally friendly, 4. load times seem to be more forgiving with some titles, and 5. with some patience, I have largely been able to find digital sales for games that well exceed physical sale prices.

I had been juggling two 8g cards since the launch of the Vita Slim (pain in the culo), and since that time I have saved so much money on digital sales, I decided to grab a 64g card. Shortly after, I was gifted a one-year PS+ subscription, and am stoked to have this card now for the IGL as well as for the PSP and PSOne library titles. I have 41 games on this card and still have over 25g to spare.

I would also say that for the current price of a 32g card, it made more sense to me to pay the little bit extra for the 64g card. So, something else to think about there, because I don't think I'll be hurting for space any time soon.

I haven't had any issues at all with this card and transferring data or recognizing content. The shipping was very fast (much faster than the estimated time by weeks). I really can't think of any reason for a Vita owner not to have this card, ESPECIALLY if they are a PS+ subscriber.
on August 6, 2014
Worked great...............at first, but 2 month later my vita wont recognize the card at all, although it does my other 8gb card, complete waste of money :(
66 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2016
I'm going to start my review off by being very frank: If you are an avid PS Vita gamer, don't cheap out and just get this card. No, the memory card is not region locked and is usable on any PS Vita, so no excuses. When you're sitting on the 1GB of internal stock memory that came with the Vita, the amount of decent games you can play within that memory budget becomes little to none. It's worth it in the long run. Yes, it's expensive. I could go on and on about how I and everyone else hate Sony's model of proprietary memory on the Vita, but I'm going to refrain from doing that and try to keep my review focused on the actual card itself

Now that I finally have my memory card, I was able to shake the dust off my Vita that I never played because again, only had 1GB of memory to work with. I've since began downloading some of the free PS+ games I accumulated for the Vita over the last few years of being a PS+ member as well as some other digital titles that I actually paid for. Lastly, don't worry about any data you already have on your internal memory card. After you've inserted your new memory card and powered on your Vita, it will prompt you to transfer your data from the internal storage to your new 64GB storage without you needing to do anything. I included an image in my review showing you the data transfer in progress.

I can now play my JRPGs in peace. Shouldn't have to worry about memory for a while now.
review image review image review image review image
on December 29, 2015
If you've got the extra money, and don't mind blowing alms of $100 on a memory card, then I highly reccomend just going ahead and getting this one. At 64gb you'll probably never need another card unless you're literally buying and downloading games almost all the time. I ordered mine a few days ago, along with my Vita Slim, and it came in 2 days later thanks to Amazon Prime, and it's worked like a charm with zero issues what so ever. I've seen others say they've had issues, I personally haven't yet (knock on wood, I hope I don't at all) but so far so good. It's easy to set up. You just take it out the package, it's really small too! I've attached a photo with my review, and you insert the card into the bottom of the Vita, and it restarts the system, and you're set! It says 64gb but once you get it into the system you'll have about 60gb of free space. The other 4gb is system stuff for your Vita in pretty sure.

I honestly don't see myself ever needing another card. I've bought a few games, and I'll probably rent a lot of others from GameFly, so I'll be deleting games as I go. But this is definitely the card you wanna get if you've got the extra money to spend on it, and want as much memory as possible.
review image
on December 8, 2014
The 64 GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card is simply amazing. After installing the memory card you will have 60 GB of usable space according to the PS Vita's system settings. This was more than enough storage space for all my digital PS Vita games, PSone Classics, PSP games, and Apps. The memory card was a import from japan and worked fine in my US PS Vita. If you need a memory card for your Vita this is the one to get.
on March 4, 2014
I had a 32 gb chip and was running out of room. Now I don't see that Happening for at lease for some time. I did keep a hold of my old chip just in case, but it found that it is a real pain to switch between the chips. Vita must be turned completely off and when the new chip is in you loose all the arrangements you had setup with the apps
on February 11, 2014
I previously owned a 16GB card for my Vita, upgrading from the 4GB card the unit came with. However, as a Playstation Plus subscriber, I quickly found myself running out of room on that card too. After learning that this 64GB card works with any Vita despite only being available in Japan at the moment, I decided to take the plunge and quadruple my space once again.

The card itself is outstanding, and hasn't given me a single problem. With 59GB of usable space, it can easily hold every single free game released on PS+ thus far, with plenty of space remaining for other Vita/PSP/PS1 games and media. No more deliberating on which game to delete...at least for now.

Having said that, on to the obvious negative. I know everyone's pointed it out before, but Vita memory cards are quite expensive. That's still very much the case here, but this card is easily the best in terms of dollars per gigabyte. A 32GB Vita card is usually about $80; this card has double that space for only about $30 more.

Bottom line: this is the kind of card the Vita always needed. Vita games can be up to 4GB in size, and those smaller cards aren't going to cut it if you get a lot of games digitally (i.e., if you're a Plus subscriber). If you're upgrading your card, though, might as well upgrade to this one. It's pricey, but it's also the best deal on Vita memory you can get right now.