5.0 out of 5 stars A quality, affordable case for your PS Vita
I knew upon purchasing my PS Vita that a decent way to store it and carry it around was absolutely essential. I came across this case and it looked to be the best value, offering a good balance of protection and storage in a small, portable size. I'm happy to report that it is all of these things.

The case is made of great material; it both feels and looks...
Published on February 15, 2012 by Bryan Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if it's on sale.
Coming it at nearly twice the thickness of the PS Vita itself, Sony probably means "put it in your luggage" when they say "travel pouch". It's padded reasonably well for being transported in luggage, a laptop bag, etc., but I'm not sure I'd want it to be a standalone case.

Published on June 20, 2012 by Kevin Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality, affordable case for your PS Vita, February 15, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)

The case is made of great material; it both feels and looks good. As others have noted, the exterior is made of some sort of water-resistant material, so if you got a little rain or spilled some BAWLS soda on it, it should survive without any damage to the contents. That said, the pouch, while cushion-y, is not hard on the exterior, so be aware if you would prefer something a little more solid. In Japan, this pouch is available in multiple colors -- including black, white and electric blue. While only the black option is available right now for those of us in the USA, I am quite fond of the color.

It's well-padded on the inside, perfect for enveloping your vita so you can toss it inside your messenger bag, backpack, what-have-you, and game on the go with no worries. As the pictures clearly show, there's extra space for several game cards and the USB charger or some other small accessories. Even with all this inside, there's enough room to fit a few more things if you like. You could probably comfortably fit the PlayStation Vita Card Case or another card case, if you have a large game collection.

The case only opens half-way so sliding your Vita and accessories in and out might take some care as to protect them from contacting the zipper and risking a small scratch... but if you ask me this is a very small concern, and not something I've personally encountered. Just be mindful as you would with any electronic product.

All-in-all this is a good choice if you need a basic travel/storage pouch for your Vita.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case.. but a little bulky., February 13, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
I've been trying to find more information on this case (without luck) for weeks leading up to the launch of the PS Vita. I was hesitant to "chance it" and hope it worked well (with so many "official" case options this time around, it's hard to pick just one).

After receiving and using it, I'm very pleased with the case.

The outer material seems to be similar to a windbreaker jacket (that sort of "water resistant" material). The case has 1 zipper and only opens "half" of the case (it doesn't unzip completely like some of the cases - it unzips to give a spot large enough to put the Vita into and remove it). Some see this as a downside, I see it as a positive (some of the cases that open fully can drop the system to the ground if not sealed up when you pick up the case -- not a pretty sight!)

The case, however, is a big bulky (between 2 and 3 inches thick). When opened, the front of the case has a spot to hold the Vita (the photos suggest you should put the Vita in with the front facing the front of the case (the "PS VITA" logo), but I feel it works better going the opposite direction as this puts the screen up against a very soft fabric divider (opposed to the hard interior of the case).

The fabric divder is also quite thick about 1/4" or more and is very soft/flexible (another nice improvement over some of the thick cardboard-like dividers some cases use).

The "back" of the case (inside) features 2 mesh pockets to hold an AC Adapter, USB cable, headphones, etc.. The "back" of the divider features 4 game-card pockets. Unlike most cases (which use the plastic pockets to hold carts), this case uses soft fabric pockets to hold the cards in place. I was a bit hesitant on using this at first (the games are expensive!), it does seem to work quite well. Even holding the case open upside down, the carts did not fall out (this can change over time with repeated use though -- I'll update this review if anything changes in the coming months). There is no pocket/place to hold memory cards, only games.

The front of the case is padded and I feel it can easily handle drops without damaging the PS Vita screen/electronics, but wouldn't recommend it. The case does seem like it can also handle a bit of water, but I obviously would not suggest putting it through that (it isn't advertised as water proof/water resistent).

Finally, there is a plastic clip on the side (where the zipped "ends") that you can use to attach a shoulder strap or carabiner to - this is great for those who might use a messenger bag (or other similar bag) and not want to carry the case separately. There is no handle/strap on the case, so you either need to carry it or use this attachment.

There are reports that the Japanese release of this case included a PS Vita Handstrap and cleaning cloth - neither come with the US version of the case.

Overall, I like it -- only complaint is it can be a bit thick at times (particularly if you DON'T use the extra compartment for accessories). With so many digital-download games now, it would be nice if they made a version of the case with room to just hold the PS Vita (not the games/accesssories) or even a way to squish the case down to a more portable size (something that might be able to fit into a pocket.

With that said, I really do like the case and would highly recommend it for anyone wanting a case for the Vita and Accessories, or even just the Vita itself (if you don't mind the added bulk)

5.0 out of 5 stars You CAN fit your charger!, March 5, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
I was worried after reading J. D'Auria review where he said you can't fit the 3 parts of your charger but actually, you CAN. The trick here is to completely ignore those little net things and place your vita in one compartment and the cables in the other. As of right now I have my Vita, all the parts of the charger, my earphones and some games in there. True, it's tight but if you can organize it real neat it all fits in there without getting any weird bumps on the outside. Be smart and it'll work!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if it's on sale., June 20, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)

I hadn't seen this in person before ordering, so I was a little surprised by how soft the case is -- not only in feel, but construction. It just isn't going to stand up to too much.

The interior divider does a great job of holding games, but isn't stitched all the way through, so there's some risk of hard objects one one side scratching the other side, if the divider shifts too much. Similarly, I definitely wouldn't want to use this for carrying around much more than a USB cable, cleaning cloth, and some games. Fitting the AC adapter and power cord in the pouch is possible, I guess, but I'd be really concerned about the plug scratching my Vita.

Amazon usually has this for almost half off MSRP, which is a very nice deal. At full price though, I can't say I'd recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony travel pouch, April 11, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
I was very surprised by this travel pouch. I held out on buying some sort of case for a while because I really couldn't decide on one. But I got tired of looking so I just put the order in for this one. I guess I made the right choice. I like the material on the outside. Seems like it could resist water. The padding inside is nice. Plenty of protection. Fits my Vita, headphones, and game card case very nicely. It does have 4 slots for games in the pouch itself, but no place to put memory cards; so I just put the game card case in with it as well because it can hold 2 memory cards. Plus I just like the case better.

Only real negative is that it only opens half way. It would make things easier if it opened up more (insert dirty joke here).
But that is just nitpicking because I can't find anything else wrong with it.
5 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits a PS Vita Slim and a 3DSXL at the Same Time, June 10, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
As the title implies, I'm currently rocking this thing with both my Slim Vita and 3DSXL. It;s perfect for when i have to spend all day at school and want to switch back and forth between Zelda and all my PS Plus games. The only downside to this case is that i wouldn't try piling a bunch of heavy stuff on top of it if its in your bag. But you shouldn't be doing that anyway haha. Bottom of the line, this is a great case for protecting your vita and its cables/cartridges or your Vita and DS simultaneously. I couldn't be happier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended., November 11, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
Holds itself and the content in it well but don't expect it to protect your stuff if you drop it from a height that might break your stuff due to its soft elastic-y material. Best used for convenience as it let you put your vita and accessories in it. For me, I stuck both my Vita and PSP 3k in it and still had a bit of space left for a couple/few mem cards, vita cartridges, and/or PSP UMDs without any of them conflicting each other as there are a couple of nylon-made things separating each section that doesn't take up much space.

Very convenient so great product to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!!, November 3, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
OMG this is the Case i been waiting for!!! i can pack away my game charger headphoens and memor cards with a few extra cartridges. what more could a gamer on the go ask for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid case considering the other options, April 7, 2012
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
This case is a good choice for any PS Vita owner looking for a place to store a few games and your system. I have two complaints with this item, however. First, the material used to make the item feels like thin nylon which feels flimsy and somewhat cheap in your hands. I wish it had been a feeling of a bit more durability, but I am sure it will hold together. My second complaint is that though the desciption claims that it will hold your device as well as the charging cable(s), this is not really practical. Yes, you can squeeze these items all in, however it is a very tight fit and does not lend itself easy access and actually makes me worry that some harm may come to my device. Again, for the price this is a solid option and if you need something to hold your device in a backpack or purse, this is a good way to go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pouch, Not A Travel Case, December 12, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch (Accessory)
It works, but I feel like my Vita is too nice for such a cheap pouch. The Vita fits perfectly inside, which is actually the biggest complaint. It's very soft and almost cloth-like on the inside. This travel pouch leaves very little wiggle room for the Vita with no protection from impact.

Also, by the time you put any accessory, like headphones, or any games inside the travel pouch; it definitely tests the size limit. In fact, by the time it's closed it up I feel like the case is squishing the Vita even though I know it can't be harmed.

I think it works perfect for my PSP, but not the bigger, nicer Vita. Cheap enough to give it a shot. You might like it but don't expect too much.

PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch
PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
$20.00