Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on February 15, 2012
I knew upon purchasing my PS Vita that a decent way to store it and carry it around was absolutely essential. I came across this case and it looked to be the best value, offering a good balance of protection and storage in a small, portable size. I'm happy to report that it is all of these things.

The case is made of great material; it both feels and looks good. As others have noted, the exterior is made of some sort of water-resistant material, so if you got a little rain or spilled some BAWLS soda on it, it should survive without any damage to the contents. That said, the pouch, while cushion-y, is not hard on the exterior, so be aware if you would prefer something a little more solid. In Japan, this pouch is available in multiple colors -- including black, white and electric blue. While only the black option is available right now for those of us in the USA, I am quite fond of the color.

It's well-padded on the inside, perfect for enveloping your vita so you can toss it inside your messenger bag, backpack, what-have-you, and game on the go with no worries. As the pictures clearly show, there's extra space for several game cards and the USB charger or some other small accessories. Even with all this inside, there's enough room to fit a few more things if you like. You could probably comfortably fit the PlayStation Vita Card Case or another card case, if you have a large game collection.

The case only opens half-way so sliding your Vita and accessories in and out might take some care as to protect them from contacting the zipper and risking a small scratch... but if you ask me this is a very small concern, and not something I've personally encountered. Just be mindful as you would with any electronic product.

All-in-all this is a good choice if you need a basic travel/storage pouch for your Vita.
on March 5, 2012
I was worried after reading J. D'Auria review where he said you can't fit the 3 parts of your charger but actually, you CAN. The trick here is to completely ignore those little net things and place your vita in one compartment and the cables in the other. As of right now I have my Vita, all the parts of the charger, my earphones and some games in there. True, it's tight but if you can organize it real neat it all fits in there without getting any weird bumps on the outside. Be smart and it'll work!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 13, 2012
I've been trying to find more information on this case (without luck) for weeks leading up to the launch of the PS Vita. I was hesitant to "chance it" and hope it worked well (with so many "official" case options this time around, it's hard to pick just one).

After receiving and using it, I'm very pleased with the case.

The outer material seems to be similar to a windbreaker jacket (that sort of "water resistant" material). The case has 1 zipper and only opens "half" of the case (it doesn't unzip completely like some of the cases - it unzips to give a spot large enough to put the Vita into and remove it). Some see this as a downside, I see it as a positive (some of the cases that open fully can drop the system to the ground if not sealed up when you pick up the case -- not a pretty sight!)

The case, however, is a big bulky (between 2 and 3 inches thick). When opened, the front of the case has a spot to hold the Vita (the photos suggest you should put the Vita in with the front facing the front of the case (the "PS VITA" logo), but I feel it works better going the opposite direction as this puts the screen up against a very soft fabric divider (opposed to the hard interior of the case).

The fabric divder is also quite thick about 1/4" or more and is very soft/flexible (another nice improvement over some of the thick cardboard-like dividers some cases use).

The "back" of the case (inside) features 2 mesh pockets to hold an AC Adapter, USB cable, headphones, etc.. The "back" of the divider features 4 game-card pockets. Unlike most cases (which use the plastic pockets to hold carts), this case uses soft fabric pockets to hold the cards in place. I was a bit hesitant on using this at first (the games are expensive!), it does seem to work quite well. Even holding the case open upside down, the carts did not fall out (this can change over time with repeated use though -- I'll update this review if anything changes in the coming months). There is no pocket/place to hold memory cards, only games.

The front of the case is padded and I feel it can easily handle drops without damaging the PS Vita screen/electronics, but wouldn't recommend it. The case does seem like it can also handle a bit of water, but I obviously would not suggest putting it through that (it isn't advertised as water proof/water resistent).

Finally, there is a plastic clip on the side (where the zipped "ends") that you can use to attach a shoulder strap or carabiner to - this is great for those who might use a messenger bag (or other similar bag) and not want to carry the case separately. There is no handle/strap on the case, so you either need to carry it or use this attachment.

There are reports that the Japanese release of this case included a PS Vita Handstrap and cleaning cloth - neither come with the US version of the case.

Overall, I like it -- only complaint is it can be a bit thick at times (particularly if you DON'T use the extra compartment for accessories). With so many digital-download games now, it would be nice if they made a version of the case with room to just hold the PS Vita (not the games/accesssories) or even a way to squish the case down to a more portable size (something that might be able to fit into a pocket.

With that said, I really do like the case and would highly recommend it for anyone wanting a case for the Vita and Accessories, or even just the Vita itself (if you don't mind the added bulk)
77 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2014
Don't be fooled by those who claim that everything won't fit. I posted pictures everything does fits, I bought this for my boyfriend who is in the Army at AIT and I wanted a pouch that would fit everything, and it did the vita with thick hard clear case, ear buds in a little sack, games, big bulky power cord , power box, usb port and screen cleaning cloth. I do have just one suggestion , the games slide out easily but no problem for me I just added a piece of velcro I also posted a picture check it out (picture number 6)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 25, 2015
First and foremost, I want to start this review by saying, YES!, this can accept the "trigger" grip unit while attached to the Vita, however, I'm strictly referring to this version only.

Slide the Vita in on the right side first, then gently push down the left side into the pouch and WAALAA, it fits. It is definitely a snug fit but it works.

Besides for what I wanted to share, the other reviewers pretty much explain details that I agree with, so I will end my review here.
P.S., See attached photos for proof that the grip unit does fit in this bag.
review image review image review image review image
Coming it at nearly twice the thickness of the PS Vita itself, Sony probably means "put it in your luggage" when they say "travel pouch". It's padded reasonably well for being transported in luggage, a laptop bag, etc., but I'm not sure I'd want it to be a standalone case.

I hadn't seen this in person before ordering, so I was a little surprised by how soft the case is -- not only in feel, but construction. It just isn't going to stand up to too much.

The interior divider does a great job of holding games, but isn't stitched all the way through, so there's some risk of hard objects one one side scratching the other side, if the divider shifts too much. Similarly, I definitely wouldn't want to use this for carrying around much more than a USB cable, cleaning cloth, and some games. Fitting the AC adapter and power cord in the pouch is possible, I guess, but I'd be really concerned about the plug scratching my Vita.

Amazon usually has this for almost half off MSRP, which is a very nice deal. At full price though, I can't say I'd recommend this.
on February 11, 2016
The problem with portable electronics is that you actually have to do something to protect them. The PS Vita is particularly problematic, because the twin joysticks stick out and can snag on other things in a backpack or pocket, and of course the beautiful OLED screen needs to be protected.
The screen protection is easy. Amazon has the official screen protector available. The reason you want the official one is that it uses a very cool technique for lining up your screen protector: there's a template that goes over your joystick/button pad, and then when you peel off the official screen protector your screen is correctly covered. Well worth it.
The carrying case is problematic. My hope was that there'd be a good case that could carry the Vita, charger, headphones, and game cards, but it appears there's nothing that will carry all of them. The hard cases look intriguing, but none of them actually have the capacity that the soft cases have. I ended up with the official case. This case is designed to carry the Vita, 4 game cards, and pair of ear bud headphones, and the official extended battery, but won't carry the charger that comes with the Vita.
The section of the case that's meant for the Vita is well designed. The game card pouches work, but aren't suitable for extra memory cards, for instance. The memory cards are too small and there's a risk of losing them if you use the game card slots. I think the model that Sony went with is that you're likely to own only one memory card ever.
My favorite headphones to use with the Vita are the Knivio Bluetooth headset. I can pack both the headset the Vita into the carrying case and that's it. For most local use that'll be no problem. For an airplane, I'm guessing that I'll need some sort of extended battery (the Vita is particularly power hungry and will chew through a full charge in about 3 hours of play --- the machine actually gets warm, so you know that the CPU/GPU you paid for is actually working hard), and probably the etymotics instead. That'll probably fit in the case along with the USB cable.
I'm not sure I want to use the word recommended for the official case. It's workable, and fairly cheap for $10, which is as good as you can find.
on November 11, 2013
Holds itself and the content in it well but don't expect it to protect your stuff if you drop it from a height that might break your stuff due to its soft elastic-y material. Best used for convenience as it let you put your vita and accessories in it. For me, I stuck both my Vita and PSP 3k in it and still had a bit of space left for a couple/few mem cards, vita cartridges, and/or PSP UMDs without any of them conflicting each other as there are a couple of nylon-made things separating each section that doesn't take up much space.

Very convenient so great product to have.
on December 4, 2014
holds my vita and 3ds to boot! its a tight fit if i try for just the vita and its charger, though you cant really fit the charger in the pouches on the inside. it should also be noted the 3ds that i fit in with the vita was a first gen and it sat comfortably on the other side of the divider right in between the thumb sticks on the vita. 3ds games can be crammed into the vita card slots but it is not a comfortable fit. i wouldn't recommend hanging this case around off a bag but having carried it inside my backpack for a year i think it is a solid amount of protection.
on September 25, 2015
Though I'm writing a review here, the case I received was NOT the case in above product listing. The product listed is for a soft cover Vita pouch. I, however, received a hard cover case. I'm not sure where I can find the product listing for my case, or if there even is one.
The case I received is nice enough though. It feels sturdy and holds my Vita securely. The hard cover is textured; I would feel comfortable just tossing this into a backpack and carrying it around. There's a flap with spaces for your cartridges. The bottom half is the space for your Vita, and it's a pretty exact fit. The only downside to that is if you have any accessories on your Vita. I have a charm attached to my Vita, and the exact fit means there's not really space for it. I managed to get around that by keeping the charm on and swinging it over the flap - just gotta be careful the zipper doesn't catch on the string (see attached pics). There's also a little mesh pocket inside the top half to hold stuff; I attempted to fit my Vita charger in the pocket, but it was a very uncomfortable fit at best - wouldn't recommend doing that.
Even though I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't the case I expected to get, I don't plan on returning it. It does the job of protecting my Vita - so now I can finally take it with me places.

Extra bit of information: I purchased it used and it was fulfilled directly by Amazon. There were no pictures, but I assumed it was going to be the same case as the product listing. I may add pictures later.
review image review image review image review image review image review image