Customer Discussions > PS3 Wireless Keypad forum

Will the PlayStation 3 Wireless keypad work well with FFXIV ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2010 3:47:18 PM PST
moogle11 says:
As FFXIII is now out, I'm guessing FFXIV won't be far behind, especially now that the beta's been announced.
My question is this, should I go for the PlayStation 3 Wireless keypad, or a standalone wireless keyboard for this upcoming PS3 MMORPG ?

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 9:05:36 PM PDT
Kendra Smith says:
Having had the experience of playing FFXI on the 360 with a mini-chatpad, I can definitely tell you this will be the way to go. I don't have it myself yet but I want to with FFXIV being one of the biggest reasons. The problem is, a traditional keyboard is too large. It'll get in you way and just be a pain, not to mention they can be more expensive than this. The tricky thing is just getting used to whee the keys are but if you're using it on something like FFXIV, you get used to which buttons are where and it becomes almost second nature. And above all, believe me, you don't want to get stuck doing the on-screen keyboard. By the time you'll get a message sent, the other person will have been waiting on a response for like 5 minutes and could be pestering you for one without you realizing it or being able to do a damned thing about it.

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 4:19:37 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
Hmmm, I know your right, I had to use a full size USB kb for FFXI on 360, think' I'll wait to see iff FFXIV will support the bluetooth headset, think it'll be choice between this or that...

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 5:31:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2013 5:49:41 PM PDT
i know im late with this respone... so here goes

it works with ffxiv. i been using it during the ps3 beta phase 3. works well just takes time to get use to it.. if you ever use a blackberry this thing is easy. lol im using it right now to write this msg. only downside it has no light so u cant use it in the dark..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 7:22:03 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 1:21:11 PM PDT
Cab says:
Hey Nelson,
I was wondering how it has been working for you since the release of FF14? I want to buy this since typing by single letter on the game chat takes forever. Would you recommend this for Realm Reborn? I'd appreciate a response. Thanks man.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PS3 Wireless Keypad forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 Wireless Keypad
PS3 Wireless Keypad by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (561)