Customer Discussions > (500) Days of Summer forum

Playability issues with Blu-ray-----Please Help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2010 7:36:15 PM PST
Is anybody else having difficulty playing this 500 Days of Summer blu-ray on a Sony BDP-N460 Model. I am to date on firmware updates. There was only one needed since I bought the player and that had to do with online streaming options. I am stuck with the disc or another from the store, cannot get my money back. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Please let me know I'm not alone (player plays all my other Blu-rays) Thanks.

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 11:17:06 AM PST
Philip Lee says:
Amazon did stop selling (500) Days of Summer on Blu-ray for about a week or two recently. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe there was also a message on the product page mentioning that customers were having an issue with how Amazon was shipping this product. Perhaps a defective batch was sent out? Anyway, I'd try Google to see if your case is an isolated one or one that's common. Good luck!

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 5:03:07 PM PST
K. FERREIRA says:
I'm having a problem.

He does not get out of the Menu screen. They are the images of the menu through the bottom. But I can not play, or change the marker to set up, scenes or extras. Someone is having the same problem?

I have over 50 blu-rays and none of them has some kind of problem. My player is Philips BDP3000X_78_UM_V10_935

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2010 6:37:32 PM PDT
I'm having the same problem with a Vizio Blu Ray player. I just purchesed the disc last weekend. Have you gotten this issue fixed with your player?

Posted on May 12, 2010 6:57:13 PM PDT
Tabb says:
Purchased 500 DAYS disc about 4 weeks ago; would not play on my Sony BDP-N460; froze coming out of trailers at the beginning os disc. Went into a mode of "play from last position? - Y/N" and would not come out of it despite numerous restarts. Not having read this thread, I returned disc for replacement. Received new disc today - exactly same problem. Have not yet downloaded firmware update, but - like comment above - that is said to be for streaming options.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010 2:19:20 PM PDT
S. A. Miller says:
I was having the same problem. It turns out my firmware for the BDP-N460 was out of date. To fix this problem, you have to go to Sony's website, and download the new firmware. Burn this to a CD-R and then play that disc in the N460; that will update the firmware. (500) Days of Summer played like a charm after that.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 6:43:29 PM PST
remy says:
I am so taking the dvd back to where I bought it. I am having the same exact problem
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions