Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Played the Demo, I like but...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2012 3:33:36 PM PDT
kaosrogue says:
The game looks pretty good, especially for a game with kinect integration. The character interactions could really get interesting. The controls actually work, both controller parts and kinect parts, except using your hands to zoom into/or out of the window to allow you to see and use the controller to move and attack. Trying to use the controller, if i wasn't sitting right i would keep zooming in and out. Hopefully, the real game will take down the sensitivity on that. Otherwise, i may have to rethink my sitting setup becuase i really want to play more of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:49:30 PM PDT
Had the same problem at first. Then I watched the tutorial video on YouTube and played through the demo and got the hang of it.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:13:15 PM PDT
Mikal says:
Tried it and had issues with the Kinect sensor picking up my movements. Also has very strong language which in the correct context is fine but when doing it for shock value is really not needed in the game. Some of the best war theme movies never say one swear word. I would not dare play this game around young ones.

I turned it off, deleted the demo, and cancelled the pre-order at 44.99.

My advice is try the demo, if you like it, Amazon has a unbeatable price, if you don't save your money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 2:41:13 PM PDT
M. Myers says:
It is a Mature-rated game with graphic violence and you cancelled your preorder because they curse in the game...and that wouldn't be good for kids?! Would you have played this around children with just the graphic violence if they didn't say a single bad word?! I am sensing a skewed vision on what is more important and worse for the kid.

I tried the demo and absolutely loved it. Does it take some getting used to? Absolutely, but most good things do. That makes the joy of doing well in the game even greater because you aren't having your hands held the entire time. As far as Kinect issues, I didn't have any, not sure what people are talking about. I calibrated the Kinect before playing and it worked flawlessly. Perhaps you haven't calibrated the sensor in a while, that might be your issue.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:10:30 AM PDT
C. G. Lang says:
i played the demo had some severe tracking issues for me i saw my self moving in the screen but didnt transfer to game i had really high hopes for my first kinect game id be able to play as my wife only plays dancing games oh well maybe the next mature kinect game will get it right
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about