4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this!
Published on December 24, 2009 by N. Shields

2.0 out of 5 stars cardboard frame???
Published on April 29, 2011 by living as loved

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars cardboard frame???, April 29, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
my daughter and i picked this out together. we loved the look of it and the idea of a snow white cottage. upon arrival i realized that the frame was made of cardboard. within days the cardboard was already bending and since this made up the frame the tent was no longer standing properly. the other problem is that the sewing is coming apart where the polls are inserted which also is causing the tent to not stand properly. i beleive the sewing needs to be more heavy duty and the cardboard needs to be replaced with a strong plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this!, December 24, 2009
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
Our daughter received this for a Christmas gift today and she loves it so much that she wants to sleep in it! Its was simple to set up, isnt so huge that it dominates a room, and is super cute. Our only tiny complaints are that the two halves come apart somewhat easily and that where the two parts join, there is a little "lip" in the floor that is kind of annoying. It would be nicer with a flat floor and some sort of straps on the outside to keep it together. EItherway, our little girl, who is 2, just adores this. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it., February 24, 2010
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
We got this tent as a gift for christmas 09 for our 3 year old girl.
She loves it because it is just so cute that there is no way
any toddler or little preschooler would not like it.

size is just right and my biggest thing with any tents on the market was smell and lack of ventilation as parents do not ralize how smelly all the prints and how hot it can get inside in normal room at 75F indoors..
just add kid in any tents and get inside and you will see...

so this tent is great because it has an option to open and kids can play
with interior openned and this creates very safe and opened environement
so that makes me happy as a parent.

In additon to tahat my daughter got at the same time other fabulous gift:
Snow White Cottage Play Set made by Disney and she plays with both of the toys at the same time Cottage is really a very large dollhouse so when
she put together the dollhouse and her toys in it and then put
next to it this Snow White tent, both of the toys crate this amazing
magical atmosphere.

My sister's kid went bananas over this set up when she came to visit
and they tried to buy both of the toys she managed to get this tent as it is still available but the Snow White Cottage is all sold out at Disney.
I saw it on ebay long while ago but neither Disney or Amazon has them anymore :(

so would I recommend this toy? defenetely.
also there is a cleaing set in target store and toysrus it is a broom that
plays tune and other cleaing tools for around 24 bucks that also
goes well with this tent.. super cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable but not as sturdy as I'd like., May 22, 2011
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
I looked at a lot of play huts before finding this one. There was a lot of the same...a mix of primary colors or princess themes (I don't know about the selection of boy themes because I was shopping for my little girl). Most of them were pretty boring and the cute ones were over $200!! This playhut is adorable with a unique look, bright and vivid colors, and a great price. I am a little worried about how long it will hold up. The fabric is a little thin in some places and most of the "hardware" actually holding it together is cardboard. We have just one child and she hasn't played really hard with it. We have had it for about 2 months and it is still in good shape.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy but fun, January 10, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
Looks can be decieving! Upon ordering this play hut, I thought it would be great for my 2year old daughter. Beware: the cardboard supports are extremely flimsy and you'll need something stronger to support the base after a few days (or hours) of play. Although the set up seems fairly simple, my box did not come with instructions and I had difficulty figuring out where all the cardboard slats and 2 poles went. I looked to other reviews for help. Thanks a million! FYI: slats go around the exterior base of tent (follow the stitching lines and they will open at velcro); the 2 poles are inserted through the velcro flaps located on the roof of both pieces. Look for a sturdier material to replace the cardboard to prolong the life of the tent and to maximize child play time. The stitching is not the best quality so be careful (In put a small blanket under the tent to make it softer and also so the material won't wear down as fast). It's great for those sporatic, playtime moments but it definitely CAN NOT take a beating. Use with caution and care.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but Flimsey, June 26, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
i bought this for my 2 year old last year and within 3 days the cardboard 'frame' disintegrated. if you have an active kid, and who doesnt, they will crush this house in no time! the cardboard should be called manila envelope crap instead. if you can find other, stiffer, more durable flat things to put in the sides, this houses is ok. but your kid will still crush it. will take it apart and tear the door off a thousand times and be constantly yelling and asking FIX THE HOUSE MUM! while this house is adorable, its not made with much thought. we still play with it, but is a huge pain in the butt! it never stays upright, it doesnt fold easy and the material pills almost instantly. but its big enough for me to get in, too and she likes it so it was worth the little bit of money i paid.

but if you buy this, know that you will need to find something else for supports. the cardboard, any cardboard, is NOT strong enough! and if you spill stuff on it theres no real way to wash it well. a hose outside is about all you can do. or the shower...

5.0 out of 5 stars My niece loves it!, December 15, 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
My niece just turned two and I purchased this for her birthday. It was the hit gift for her, she LOVES it and plays in it all the time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tent for a little girl, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
Our daughter just turned 4 and she is very into the Disney characters. The tent arrived a few days before her birthday and it has been in our living room ever since. I am not allowed to put it away not even once. The feature that drew me to this product was the hinged little cottage door. Our daughter just loves that her tent has a door and not a flap or a curtain as previously purchased tents. It really does feel like a little cottage to her. The only con about this product are the side rectangular panels being made of cardboard. They bend very easily if you have more than one active kid inside it. The solution to that though is pretty simple. My husband simply exchanged the original panels with thicker cut-to-size cardboard panels so the sides don't cave in. That simple solution seems to be working just fine for now. We can't be happier with this purchase. It has seen endless hours of playtime not by just our child but by others that come and visit too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of fun but poor quality, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
I was a bit disappointed because quality was worst than I expected. I thought there was a nice soft mattress as a floor as I figured it out from the picture but I was wrong. There is no mattress, just very thin fabric. It is very easy to set up but difficult to maintain in upright position when 2 energetic toddlers are running in and out of the tent. The are some cardbord reinforcements in the walls but if the tent is knocked down 3 or 4 times it's all ruined and brooken.
It is very pretty, colorful and interesting as it has 2 rooms which can be seperated or connected but again...quality is not that good. It is a bit price for this type of quality in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Playhut Snow White - Cottage Play Tent (Toy)
I bought this for my niece and she loves it! The only thing that I would do to the tent to make it better is add a little more velcro between the two rooms. If you have rowdy playmates the tent will come apart because the velcro isn't very large. Also, it needs to lean against a wall. If your leaning on it in the back room without support the whole thing will tip over.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›