Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2011 10:11:18 AM PDT
Pokey says:
Okay, so the day I got the game I loaded it to my computer, and claimed my Pet Shop from the Sims 3 Store. Kinda disappointed with the Pet Shop.

First, it took a while for me to find a lot to place it on my map. The "Late Night" town is not a good map for editing. Few open lots, and few open spaces to place a lot. Eventually I took out one of the clubs and put the Pet Shop in its place. Then I went in.
The shop is fine for buying "exotic" pets, such as a parrot, snake, turtle, lizard, and/or chipmunk. But you cannot buy dogs, cats, or horses in the shop. At least I couldn't, though I didn't venture outback, so maybe it's done out there. Otherwise, in order to get dogs, cats, and/or horses you have to search the computer (or possibly newspaper) for shelter pets to adopt or neighbors with pets up for adoption. Shelter pets tend to be adult to elder, while neighbors usually have baby versions.
Another thing with the Pet Shop, it sells a crate of toys, pet dishes, houses, etc., but all these items you can get in the "buy mode," just a few different variations. Like one of the pet houses at the shop isn't in the buy mode, but the buy mode does have one that is not in the shop. Same with pet beds, unless I just totally missed seeing the one I got in buy mode at the shop. And it isn't open 24/7, but doesn't show it's hours. I only know it's not always open becuase the first time I was there the clerk left and I couldn't do anything browsing or buying, and another time I got there and it was closed.
Oh! Hay (barrels/bundles) are also sold in the buy mode, don't recall them being for sell at the shop.

So that's all for the Pet Shop. As for the game itself, I've had stray cats shred up my newspaper (and have now canceled the service, no big), my dog can go in and out by herself unless I lock the door to pets, and I don't get the option to have the pet pee until the meter is almost all the way down. Maybe adding a fire hydrant will change this, I'll have to try this after work.
Oh! Something really annoying, I bought a "Biscuit Ball" but can't do a thing with it other than placing it somewhere. I try to click it to play with and just end up picking it up to move it. Am I suppose to be able to put treats in it? Be able to play with it? What is the point of the biscuit ball?

Well, that's my experience with TS3 Pets so far.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 8:37:50 AM PDT
C. Counts says:
Did you try having an adult or elder play with the Biscuit Ball? So far it seems that puppies can't interact with any of the toys I have tried.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 12:42:28 AM PDT
I'm having problems with the game crashing or acting weird. The new town won't work at all. Either everyone's frozen or they're not frozen, but I can't direct them. My old towns seem to be okay, but in one it wasn't opening the Sims panel so I couldn't see what my Sim's needs were. I've tried lowering the graphic quality and the DEP fix but it either crashed or acts strange. One REALLY weird thing is the animals come by and suddenly stand on two legs...it's like they turn into some sort of distorted thing, although I think THAT is just a bug..hard to describe unless you've seen it. I've got to get a snapshot of that and post it.

Really disappointed that this is so buggy. Once again having to wait for a patch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 1:50:46 AM PST
Rachael, Thank you. all the consumer reviews just tell me that "its so great and Go buy it!" or "It's soo buggy . fix it."
Thank you for actually posting an honest review. I'm getting the game for christmas and would like to know what to expect; good and bad. your post went through a great deal of it. there's ups and downs to every ep but I like getting both sides. So thank you for your help. could you post more?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard / Intel, Windows Vista / XP)
4.0 out of 5 stars (417)