Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on September 4, 2009
Absolutely the best remastered versions of Roy Orbison's classic songs, as of the 2008 release date. Take a quick song sample of "Only The Lonely", and compare it to any previous versions of this song, on any other previous Roy Orbison compilation's sold on Amazon. If you want the best, buy this, and "YOU GOT IT".
on March 11, 2012
I can hardly add much to other reviews...Roy was The Man, and you'd be hard-pressed to have any complaints about his music. I purchased this collection for a friend in Ireland who wanted to get a sense of the great Mr Orbison, and this CD fit the bill. It has all the best of Roy's songs, and "that voice" is in mint condition, as always. So sad that we lost him too soon, but thank God we still have his voice. My Irish friend heartily agrees.
on May 23, 2014
I waited for awhile to post my feedback on this CD. This is very possibly the best re-mastered piece of music I have ever listened to. To anyone who also can recognize that this artist, and perhaps, the greatest male vocalist of the 20th century. The more I listen to it, the better it gets. Oddly enough, the best place to listen to it is in my automobile which has a sound system second to none. The lyrics and background instruments really almost visually step out and their addition are so well an addition you become encapsulated by the sound, and are really truly moved by Roy Orbison's voice. And it all comes together so well, so concise it is truly a masterpiece ! I only wish some of Elvis Presley's albums could be so well re-mastered. But I can only wish !
on June 29, 2013
Great selection of songs. The haunting melodies brought back the feeling of early days of youth. It is nearly a tearful journey for some who realize that the subtle movement of time in our lives, slips by unnoticed when we are young.
on August 28, 2013
Terrific album, brings back many memories of earlier (better) times. Today's rock falls pathetically short of the great sounds of the 50's & 60's. Words and lyrics meant something and were meant to remember moments that would not be duplicated later in life.
on October 3, 2014
The Playlist concept is an interesting one--and, I suspect to a great many people--a frustrating one. Completists aside (I can just imagine the boxed sets marching side by side up and down their CD shelves,) can the one-disc overviews of artists whose work spans many albums and hits over decades, REALLY satisfy more casual collectors/listeners? Maybe. But not always.

This disc doesn't really satisfy this boomer, who distinctly remembers the night he first heard this "new song" (Only the Lonely) by this "new" singer (and, in early 60s west-coast Canada, who knew Orbison had earlier recorded for Elvis's first label, Sun Records? Ans: hardly anyone.) And--a relative rarity at the time--who was one of hundreds of thousands who bought the singer's albums, which included the Monument LP Crying, with Lana, Nightlife, She Wears My Ring, and a clutch of other great songs. So forgive me if I notice the classic top-ten hit Blue Angel and, Leah, are missing.

But this series isn't for boomers, I don't think. It's aimed at younger listeners, who want a sampling of what made the artist great over the span of his/her career. The online "station" Lastfm posts the number of "listens" of the songs included here Interesting: the top three, in ascending order: In Dreams (#7 1963); You Got it (#9 1989); and Crying (#2 1961). Point taken.

So, some memorable hits are sacrificed for what came later, but even on that basis, this disc's selection could be better. (Say) You're my Girl (which barely made the top 40)is included, but Roy's biggest MGM hit (#25) Ride Away is not included. While the two cuts of Roy's last album, Mystery Girl and You Got it are here, Roy's stand-out Not Alone Any More, from 1988's Traveling Wilburys isn't. And should be.
on January 3, 2013
has a lot of good old rock and roll songs on this cd i got it for my dad and he like it a lot and so do i and i think you would to so buy it
on September 19, 2012
Album is great. All the songs are good which doesn't happen with all playlists. It is crisp and clear. Overall a good experience.
on February 8, 2013
Awesome. His singing comes from within and it goes to your very soul.. Miss him. He was The Best Forever.
on January 28, 2012
This was a present for a neighbour and he is thrilled. Although it took a very long time to arrive.