4.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite
Published on July 14, 2007 by J. Cutts

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun but breaks easily
After about 5 shots the pockets where you insert your fingers ripped. Definitely not made for durability and doesn't last. I've read comments on other websites where they are broken fairly quickly. I wouldn't pay over $3 for it and don't over-stretch it.

Published on May 14, 2009 by SunnyBeachLife

4.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite, July 14, 2007
This review is from: Playmaker Toys Flingshot Flying Animal - Flying Duck With Quacking Sound, Model# 4552 (Toy)
I bought a bunch of these flying animals for kids xmas gifts and the duck is up with the monkey for the best. It actually sounds like a quack (unlike the pigs sad oink) and flys almost as far as the monkey, but further than the others. This is better for olders kids and adults as the beak gives a larger spot for your finger(s) when launching. We did have 1 break, but it was drowned in a water dish, so the kids were to blame. All the others have held up to much fun. We liked them so much we kept several ourselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quaaack, quack, quack, quack!!!, September 19, 2007
Yes it is true, these $3 toys are not the most durable, but they sure are fun! I bought the monkey for my brother in Iraq and the guys love him. My dog and I play with the duck. She is a 60 lb Weimarener and LOVES this toy. She doesn't get to chew on it but we play fetch with it everyday. We have had it since May and unlike other dog toys that cost $10 and lasted one afternoon, this guys is STILL with us. His head is a little loose, but he still files and quacks! I am ordering more one for the office and a couple for the dog, the duck need a break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying Fun, July 5, 2007
FUN is an understatment, after seeing one of these on vacation, I bought 10 of them to give away to friends. This flying Duck and the Flying Monkey (which I also bought) were the unexpected fun of the party. Constantly proving to be unexpected fun as it screeched and landed near friends, we all had so much fun with it. An inexpensive, fun TOY , highly recommend for adults and children, but adults LOVE it

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite dog toy, August 10, 2013
I ordered 2 of these quacking duckies for my 2 standard poodles. They love them! The ducks quack when dropped, or when squeezed. This makes the dogs very happy. Sadly, one dog has a rough mouth, and she promptly 'killed' her duckie. The other treats hers like her baby, going to sleep with it safely tucked under her. Well, she did. Other dog got the other duck, and now both ducks are mute. They still make good toys, but the one dog misses her baby. I found an online demo of this duck, and when the video played the quack noise, my dog started crying and tried to find the duck in the computer. I've ordered 4 more, hoping I can keep Big Mean Dog away from the new quackers. They're cheap, they're fun, there's no stuffing to come out and mess up the house. Even when destroyed, they're still fun. Order a bunch. Even people types can have fun with these things!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE silly gift toy, December 4, 2009
This flying duck is a perfect silly/annoying gift. It can be used as a gift for kids or adults who have not lost their childlike side. I had a lot of fun launching it several times to see how it works, and I have been greatly satisfied. I have never engaged in launching real live ducks, but I cannot imagine that the experience could be any more satisfying than what I had felt while launching this toy. If used at work, the toy is guaranteed to permanently destroy any impression of maturity you have been working so long to cultivate. Depending on the industry that you work in, this may be a curse or a blessing. (In software engineering it is definitely the latter.)

Overall, the toy is of pretty good quality, although I suspect over time the rubber band will wear out and it doesn't seem like it's possible to replace it.

The shipping was very prompt and the package arrived exactly two business days after I had it ordered on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun but breaks easily, May 14, 2009

*On a positive note, it's best use was for scaring or waking up people who didn't expect it to come flying & quacking by... :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Picture not what received, November 15, 2013
The feet on the duck I received do not stretch only the head does. This makes it difficult to fling it. The picture and the tag on the duck shows both the feet and head stretching. The duck I received did not have both of these features. I will not be returning it since it was only 5.90. Would cost me more to return. Not a happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dog Toy Ever!!!!, September 9, 2013
This toy was recommended by a breeder Tuscan Ridge Labradoodles (Teresa) and it is totally amazing. My Labradoodle loves it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Fun, but a short-lived slingshot mechanism, February 11, 2013
This little toy is adorable and great fun, but the slingshot mechanism is not very durable. It broke within a few days of consistent (and possibly heavy) use, but in the meantime, was a widely-loved toy that stole the hearts of a 5-day residence summer camp and was passed around between campers and staff.

The quacking noise mechanism is relatively longer-lasting and continued to operate long after the camp's medical staff sutured the duck's head back on; while the slingshot function was no longer operational, the toy continued to circulate the camp and became an unofficial mascot. We named it "Sanity." :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Stocking Stuffer, December 16, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought these as stockings stuffers for the grown kids. I only ordered the monkey and the duck. Wish I would have ordered more, for the price, they would be fun to have around the cube farm, or let the dog play with in the yard.