5.0 out of 5 stars Post Office Advent Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Post Office
Published on January 2, 2012 by nostalgic mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Post Office, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Playmobil 4161 Advent Calendar "Christmas Post Office" (Toy)
Concept is great. Love the daily build of the scene. The box it comes in, however is flimsy, using a punch out to open the door. Previous versions had boxes which the items were placed in. The punch out box makes it much more clearly a one time use item as an advent calendar, as opposed to the boxed item advent calendars. I was hoping to add this to the collection of others to rotate them through. This one will not work as well in that respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Post Office Advent Calendar, December 2, 2011
We love the Playmobil Advent Calendar! This is our second year with the calendar(last year we had the Forest Friends set), and so far my boys(ages 4.5 and 2) are really enjoying it. The anticipation and fun of opening the doors and finding the new goodie to add to our Post Office diorama is a fun way to start each day. The set is pre-assembled with each days goodies in a separate box, so there is nothing to set up; it could not be easier! I think I might love it as much as my kids do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - really fun for kids, December 14, 2011
Liz (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My kids (8 and 10) really love this advent calendar. Since the other reviews seem to be describing younger kids, I just want to say that older kids really enjoy the hidden treasures also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 13, 2011
My kids LOVE this advent calendar. They look forward to opening a new door each day. You get a cardboard backdrop that makes playing with the pieces even more exciting. Much better (and cheaper) than the Lego advent calendars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a treat, February 3, 2014
Georgia Peach Mom (Suwanee, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I love the Playmobil Advent calendars. I feel they are such a better value for the money compared to other Advent sets. Every day is a real treat to open as there is really an addition to the set (compared to a few bricks on other calendars). My kids love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun unique gift for all ages, January 14, 2014
I got this as a fun goofy alternative to the usual chocolate advent calendars I give my 26-31 year-old kids and some friends, and they thought it was a hoot. There is no age limit on this.

What a great idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Playmobil, December 20, 2013
This is our second playmobil advent calendar. I really like them. My daughter is eleven and I thought she may have outgrown this, but she still likes to set up all the figurines you get each day. We are collecting playmobil Christmas figurines and have a little scene of them in our house. Very cute. Although we are up to 3 Santas now. It would be great if Playmobil made a scene that you could use year after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bought for a kid, December 13, 2013
jalcruces (Las Cruces, NM) - See all my reviews
Ok, maybe I'm the odd one out, but I bought this for myself, not any child. I thought that it would be a good Christmas decoration and I could have fun doing it as an advent calendar, just like the one I had when I was a kid, only much healthier (no chocolate). It really is pretty cool. I am surprised by all the little items (way too small for any child under 8 years, as if it doesn't end up in the mouth it will just get lost). The doors aren't really that hard to open once you get the hang of it. They are perforated to punch in and also have a tab that is perforated to pull the door back out. The items were in small boxes inside the calendar box so that it can be used over and over again - until the cardboard just falls apart. But the items will last forever. The background scene isn't going to last. But that's nothing that a little creativity won't fix. If this is for a child, they will need some help punching out the doors without tearing them up (unless you don't want to use it again), and help putting some of the items together. Personally, as an adult, I think it's great and we'll have much fun with it in the future too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to count down to Christmas, January 2, 2013
I bought this for my four year old son who loved it. He was so excited to see what would be coming each day as he built up the little scene. He loves Play Mobil and this was a fun and easy way to introduce the idea of the Advent Calendar. Highly recommend for this age group. We will definitely get another one for next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Christmas themed Advent calendar, January 1, 2013
My kids get an Advent calendar every year. We have had several different types from ones that are wooden (multiple use that you have to fill yourself, which end up being very costly to fill and hard to find items small enough to fit in the little compartments), paper ones that just have a picture or themed riddle behind the door, Lego (expensive, too many small pieces, insignificant daily objects, and are not holiday themed) and now this is our second time with the Playmobile Advent calendar. Playmobile is my favorite by far! They are holiday themed, they are easily put together without tons of pieces per daily item, each item is a nice part to the whole set, and I love that this comes with a backdrop/scene to place each little item on to make a shadow box like centerpiece. We put this in the center of our dining room table and add to it daily. Kids can even use it for pretend play. This was a very cute theme. We have also had the winter forest theme in the past and liked it just as well as this one. The only con that I have is really also a pro to these sets and that is that it sends you a booklet that shows what you will be opening every day and this is also on the cover sleeve of the calendar. I don't like my kids knowing what they will get from day to day, but I do not open this before giving it to them because our elf (if you are familiar with Elf On The Shelf) arrives on December 1st every year and brings this with him, so it is a gift that I don't want to open in advance. I like the booklet, however, because it shows how to put the items together as well as how to assemble the backdrop. I wish there was a picture on this booklet that showed what the actual scene should look like when it is complete. I know you can put things where ever you want, but with this set in particular, I didn't know where to put the angel or the mail box as well as the toys that we got prior to opening the sleigh. The little gift boxes were tedious to put together, but cute and sturdy. The actual completed scene may have been on the slip on sleeve of the box (I can't remember), but this was thrown away on the day that it was opened. May be the company could also put this on the cover of the booklet that shows how to put the pieces together and that would make me happy. Overall, these are great Advent calendars. We are huge Lego fans at our house but were just not happy with the themes, what you got each day, not to mention the cost for what was actually in the calendar. For what you pay for the Lego calendar, there is hardly anything there. My son would open the door and then toss the little baggie aside and not even open it because it was such a generic little piece that he wasn't even excited to waste his time putting together. I wanted this to be something that he looked forward to each day, which is why we have this tradition. Thank you, Playmobile, for making a nice, winter themed calendar that has a good price point!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›