5.0 out of 5 stars I almost didn't buy it!!! Don't listen to the bad reviews!
I'm the type of person who reads almost every review before buying anything, and there were a couple comments mentioned by MULTIPLE reviewers that almost made me not buy this toy!

These bad comments were (NOT my opinion):
1. The toy is dangerous -- child's arm got stuck in the hole where balls shoot out from.
2. The toy is VERY loud and a potential...
Published on November 30, 2010 by L00king4nswers

Its is a load of fun to play with UNTIL you lose a couple balls and realize it needs at least 4 to work right. The child's favorite toy then sits there and teases him. You will soon notice real replacement balls are way to expensive everywhere on the web. BUT....
Published 22 months ago by KenP

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost didn't buy it!!! Don't listen to the bad reviews!, November 30, 2010

These bad comments were (NOT my opinion):
2. The toy is VERY loud and a potential danger for small developing ears.
3. The small balls are a choking hazard.

I decided to give it a try cause I could always return it, well I'm KEEPING it!

#1... the toy that I got is the updated version that now has "prongs" on the inside of the tube, so there's no way a child can get their arm stuck down there.
#2... the toy is NOT as loud as most of the reviewers describe it to be. When I got it, I thought it was gonna sound like a vacuum cleaner from all the comments! It doesn't -- it sounds like a muffled hair dryer. Louder than any toys he has, but FAR from deafening!
#3... the balls are a little bit on the small side. I tried putting the balls in my mouth just in case, and I really had to open wide! I don't think a small child could fit them in their mouth. In any case, I wouldn't let my son play with this toy alone anyway. It's not that big of a deal.

The amount of fun my son has far outweighs any of the negatives (if you can call them that) of this toy. I happen to think it's perfect!!! And I'm so happy I ignored all the bad reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Four of My Boys LOVED This!, October 11, 2009
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
First for the drawbacks; 1)It is easy to lose the balls if you don't make a point of collecting them after play and keeping them somewhere safe, 2)There is music that plays continuously while it is on, which can be annoying for some, and 3)The play cycle is rather short so you or baby must keep pressing plunger to start it again. This might be a welcome respite for those offended by #2.
BUT: All four of my boys LOVED this toy!!! A favorite, and a toy I always buy or recommend to others. Perfect for a boy or girl. My boys were enthralled by the colorful balls shooting out of the hole and amazed when they almost always went where they were supposed to, which is around the ramp and back into the receptacle. They also LOVED to feel the air blow out of the toy (the air is what pushes the ball up and out of the hole) and would often just press the plunger to feel the air on their faces, hands and in their hair. They quickly learned to start the toy themselves and would be entertained by it longer than they would be by other toys. All of my boys got this toy for their first birthdays (I am a toy manufacturers dream, I sell toys in Mom2Mom sales after on child outgrows them and then end up buying them again for subsequent kids-- can't stand clutter and feel they deserve their own stuff).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy for learning cause/effect, October 10, 2009
Kristin L. (East Windsor, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
I bought this for my 10 month old daughter since my son seemed to love it at daycare when he was 1-2 years old. He's now 2 1/2 and still enjoys it. I think it's an adorable toy and a good way to teach cause/effect. My daughter watches intently as the balls pop up, then I show her where they go inside. I admit that she does flinch in surprise a little with the air/music combo as the balls pop up, but I don't think it's too loud at all. The anticipation is the fun part! I hate to say that 3 of the 5 balls are missing as of late, since they do fly all over the place when you play. I wonder if they sell extras/replacements...?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a 1-year-old. Noisy, but that can be easily fixed., April 9, 2011
Sharon Hyland (Newport News, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
We got this for our son's 1st birthday. He quickly figured out how to make it start up once it stopped and is starting to figure out how to put the balls back on. It's a toy that will grow with him for sure. The one caveat is that the sound is very loud and not adjustable. I fixed this by locating the speaker (front and center) and sticking a few pieces of scotch tape over it. Now it is quieter and not as distracting to the adults in the room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where to find replacement balls, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
Don't be scammed! I went looking for replacement balls for this toy after our dog got hold of a couple and I found people selling them for $15+ on eBay when you can go to the Hasbro website and order some for $4. Don't know why anyone would buy replacements for almost the same price as a brand new toy!! Here's the link to the order form [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars You will need replacement balls ASAP...use Marshall Pet Pop-n-play, March 13, 2013
KenP (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
I found someone who recommended Marshall Pet Pop-n-play Balls as replacement balls for the Playskool Busy Ball Popper, and they work perfect!! 3x's as many balls for much less than the real replacement balls. Wow this was a lifesaver and it is so much fun to use so many balls without stressing over losing 1 or 2. The toy is once again a favorite in the house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids LOVE it, I hate it., November 8, 2009
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
I bought this for my son when he was about 15 months old. He is now 3 and a half and still LOVES this thing. Two major problems: The music is VERY loud and VERY annoying. The second problem is that it eats batteries like you would not believe. As soon as the power goes down a bit from the low batteries, the balls don't shoot into the air, they just sort of push up to the top of the tube which is alot less fun for the kids. That said, it was well worth the money if you are oonly considering the the amount of fun my kids have had with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
My kids who are 2.5 and 10 months old have both loved this toy for a long time, epescially my ten month old, she loves putting the balls through the top and trying to get the ones that "float". I think this toy provides a great oppurtunity for fine motor skills

1.0 out of 5 stars No volume control, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
I had read a bunch of positive reviews on this toy and decided to purchase it. It keeps my 14 month old entertained, he loves to be blown with the air coming out of the top and he figured out pretty quickly how to turn it on. The negative is that it drives our two dogs crazy and we can never seem to find any of the balls that actually go into the toy. The biggest problem is that there is no volume control and it is super loud. There is an on/off switch but no volume control.

1.0 out of 5 stars Top Ten Most Dangerous Toys, December 23, 2009
This review is from: Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
We received this as a gift, and after installing the 4 D batteries (ugh), I was taken aback at how dangerously loud the music and fan are! I researched some more and discovered that it is on the Top Ten Most Dangerous Toys list for registering at over 90 decibels. That is quite dangerous for developing ears, and considering that this toy is meant for babies as young as 9 months, I am surprised at how unnecessarily loud it is. We are returning this toy. Toys should be fun, not dangerous.

Playskool Explore N' Grow Busy Ball Popper