Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 14, 2008
I got this for my son's second b-day a year ago. We have had SO much fun with it! The pieces are durable, and there are so many options. But most of all, it's nice having the suitcase for all the parts. My son loves to play with it so much that we just bought his niece the Mrs. Potato Head Silly Suitcase for Christmas. And everytime we have friends over it's one of the first things they gravitate to (even the adults).
on January 23, 2009
The toy is great, with all tons of different pieces, my two year old daughter has really enjoyed it. The reason I bought this particular version was to have a place to store everything that my daughter could take out and get to on her own... not the way it worked out. First issue is that it is nearly impossible to get all the pieces back in the suitcase after they come out the first time. You can easily get around this by using the suitcase for the small parts and keeping the potato separate. Second and more important issue, is that the suitcase will not stay closed. There is no way a small child could carry this from one room to the next without it opening and spilling its contents on the way. In the end we gave up on the suitcase and just store all the pieces in a small bin. If you are buying this for all the parts it contains, go for it. If you really want it for the suitcase, I wouldn't count on it.
on September 13, 2010
This was once a great learning/fun toy. Now, it is so cheap, thin and breakable that it is not worth purchasing. The suitcase (which was a big selling point) is not able to hold all the pieces once removed and does not stay closed (it spills the contents as soon as it is inverted). The back hatch falls off if you just bump it. Playskool has damaged the reputation of a classic!
on April 14, 2013
Pros:
-Lots of accessories to make many different silly combinations.

Cons:
-The items pictured are definitely not what I received, although I didn't notice until I was writing this review. Most notable, we received 2 generic black eyes, only 1 generic feet, no police or fireman items. We did get an earring, microphone, another pair of glasses, and blue top hat. The picture on this item matches what I received: Playskool Mr. Potato Head Silly Suitcase, however my order is definitely on this listing.
-The suitcase does not stay closed. That was one of the main reasons I purchased this set, I really like toys that store nicely and this didn't do that.

Not sure if this is a pro or con, but my son really liked trying to wear the glasses and the plastic definitely looks stressed (white in areas), but they haven't broken yet.
on November 2, 2009
I purchased this Mr. Potato Head playset for my preschool playgroups. I remember playing with this with my own children and with the huge variety that came with this set, it makes for alot of fun. The little ones enjoy making all the different faces and characters. However, the items do NOT fit back into the suitcase so I put everything into a covered tub which works fine. The suitcase wont stay closed either, so it is just stored away at this point. Buy the toy for the assorment and fun, NOT for the suitcase it came in and you wont be dissapointed.
on February 7, 2010
Of course, Mr. Potato Head is a classic and this is no exception. I would say all of the accessories are fairly easy to incorporate and there is plenty of variety to keep you child interested. I would complain that the carrying case is worthless. It doesn't stay closed, or at least the one we received does not. It has not closing latch, so everything falls out when you pick it up. Overall, it's not a bad toy, just find something to keep the accessories in.
on August 13, 2011
The parts don't fit nicely into Mr. Potato Head. If you put the shoes on then the toy can not sit flat:( The case is not useful and the back door on Mr. Potato Head is flimsy and doesn't open with out falling off (forget about closing it). I loved this toy as a child but the parts are all made of very rigid plastic and do not fit well (ex- policeman's belt). I should have purchased the original Mr. PH because the extra accessories are useless.
on December 20, 2011
I purchased the 35 piece kit. It lists in the description what parts come with it. Shows a nice picture of the parts included. I did not receive the item I ordered. I'm particularly angry that I did not get the firefighter or police parts.

I use Potato head as an "Atta-boy" award for my team at work. I wanted the fire-fighter to make it appropriate at times.

I am very upset about this.

According to Amazon I was buying: Item model number: 3018. Instead I received 36418. For the very first time I am completely disappointed in Amazon. If I send it back, I'll have to pay for shipping and restocking. Do not buy this product!

This thing cost way more money than it should have, and it was not what I wanted.
on December 30, 2009
The pieces fit too tight for my 2-yr old to assemble the arms and ears & some of the parts do not fit on at the same time - only one set of ears fits at the same time as one set of arms and the police belt interferes with the hole for the mouth! The legs are also too lose in the slot. You would think that a toy that's been around as long as Mr. Potato head would be perfected by now, but the designers just don't seem to be thinking. Also, the case latch is very poorly designed and it pops open easily and there is not enough room in the case to fit all of the pieces, so the smaller parts still have to be placed inside the potato's "bum". I wish these toys were made like they used to be! I don't remember having these complaints about the one I played with as a child (>20 years ago).
on June 5, 2015
If you want this for the suitcase, you should pass because it is not very practical. The 2 potato heads and body parts however, are awesome! We've had this for a few years and my son and have since added to our Potato Head collection of bodies, and parts.