5.0 out of 5 stars Charger does no harm

3.0 out of 5 stars Was great for about 8 months....stopped working
Published on March 12, 2010 by Greg W

5.0 out of 5 stars Charger does no harm, June 27, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System (Accessory)
Just orderd this item (energizer power & play for Ps3) and it works great charges quickly looks sleek and very sharp,but it is a lil light weight but it serves its purpose and is fairly sturdy. The one issue that i had was after you connected controller light is red during the charge stage, when charge is complete it than turns green- i could find no info about whether or not i could leave controllers on charging unit-would it continue to charge and burn the controller down over time(afer doing my due dillegence and thorough research) the answer is no--once controller is fully charged the light will turn green at that point there is no need to disconect power because that channel stop producing charge- one would think otherwise seeing the green light but this unit in fact stops the process doing no harm to controller so leave it on all day it wont ruin controller--figured this might help--

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better PS3 controller chargers, October 29, 2008
Woody (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I read some mixed reviews about the Pelican version of this exact same product and did not want to buy one of their units. I then saw that Energizer has the EXACT SAME product but with their name and warranty attached to it. That made me feel perfectly comfortable and I ended up buying one. It's been really good so far. I am able to plug the controllers in easy with one hand now so it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The lights are not as bright as other units but are still a tad too bright for my home theater room. I have to put this out of site so the lights don't distract me during movies.

No problems so far and a very nice design makes this a 5 star product for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was great for about 8 months....stopped working, March 12, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is a sleek looking device with the added convenience of USB ports on the side, so charging extra controllers is easy if you can put up with the wires. Mine worked great with only the standard complaints about the difficulty in adding and removing the controllers from the docks and the "lightness" of its construction. Once in they worked, but I found with mine that, over time, I believe they became worn to the point where it will no longer charge the controllers. For a while I could wiggle the controllers and coax the lights back on, but I can only assume that the wear and tear of two children plugging the units in about once a day took its toll (though they were actually careful with it). At least the two USB side ports still work.

I refuse to spend another almost $30 on a replacement, so I am going to give the Nyko Charge Base 2 a try....

Update: After a couple months of comparison the Nyko is superior to the Energizer unit in my opinion. Though perhaps not as stylish, it is more durable, does not need to be held to stay in place and, functionally, is a better option, especially if you have kids or dock and undock the controllers frequently. See my review of the Nyko

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Charging Solution, December 4, 2008
Aridneptune (New York City, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an incredible product. Looks very slick, really matches the black-and-silver of the PS3. The clear controller charge indicators are also very nice-looking. You can charge 2 controllers in the slots, and there are also 2 powered USB slots for the charging cables. You can use these to charge the PS3 official headset (or any other USB devices). The controller ports are standard Mini-USB connections. They have a clear bit of plastic on top that holds the controller. It lights up dimly red when charging and green when finished -- this looks really cool.

Overall, this is an extremely good-looking, stylish, and useful accessory for charging your PS3 peripherals. Really fits the style and look of the PS3, and also has convenient USB slots and charging-indicator lights. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Charger Out, December 6, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I received this PS3 Controller earlier in the week. It was easy to set up, all I had to do was take it out of the box and plug it into my power conditioner (surge protector). The controllers fit perfectly into the holders even with the controller skins intact.

The light turns red when charging and changes to green once the controllers are fully charged. I haven't used the side USB ports yet but I am sure they also work fine.

I would recommend this product to those who hate turning on the PS3 controller just to charge their controllers and those who want a cool looking stand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, Stopped Working, April 27, 2011
The unit itself is very aesthetically pleasing and when we first got this unit I was totally in love with it. It charged my controllers, it did it quickly and it looked good doing it. After having it less than a year, however, it stopped charging. I hook a controller into it and it goes green within a few seconds and then when I try to use the controller it hasn't charged at all. Left one controller on there for 2 weeks to see if it would pull any charge and got nothing.

It was love at first sight, but we all know that doesn't exist. Now I have to move on and find a new love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with PS3 Bluetooth Headset 2.0, February 9, 2011
This is a nice product that is offered at a fair price. My one issue is that the adaptor for the Headset Device will not work if you own the PS3 2.0 PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Headset 2.0, which I do. However, you can simply attach the USB cable that comes with the Headset and attach it to the Charging Station. The best thing about this product is that you can charge you controllers and your headset without firing up your PS3. If you are willing to circumvent the headset issue, then this product is recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, a lot of the reviews are confused/false., May 9, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This product is a great deal for the price.It has 2 cradle's to hold controllers while they charge plus 2 extra USB ports for 2 more controllers or a head set. I read other reviews saying there was only 1 extra USB port, but those people are false, I think they are not removing the "headset cradle" out of the 2nd USB slot, so they are not counting it. So you could use it for 3 controllers and 1 headset, or 4 controllers, or 2 & 2, whatever you need. It charges for 2.5 hours every time, so only use the charger when controller is down to 1 bar, so it won't kill your battery life from overcharges. It also has a cool feature that has a red glow while charging and when it's done it turns green, it's not "super" bright but if you look over to check it's noticeable. The plug comes out of the back rather easily if you just want a controller stand, which is what I was wanting from it, the charger is just a nice add-on as far as I'm concerned. But great item, if it arrives DOA, Amazon has great return policy. I'm ordering the xbox360 version next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System, February 15, 2009
It's good product and does the job, but the only thing that I could see improving is that it could use a physical guide to align the remote control as you plug it in because there are times where I fiddled around trying to locate the proper angle as well as left to right to make the connection with the usb socket on the device. It still is ok the way it is and I just keep fishing gently for the connection to happen without forcing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, works perfectly, December 1, 2008
G. Chadwell "Pempfist71" (Warner Robins, GA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just received this today for $9.95!! Amazon's Black Friday was awesome.

This charger not only looks great and matches my home system set up perfectly it also works as advertised. I don't find the lights too bright or distracting but mine is tucked away so I don't notice them.

Great item and sure beats the heck out of charging my PS3 controllers with the USB cables.

Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System