4.0 out of 5 stars Brand New, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Playstation 3 Memory Card Adapter - Use PS2 Memory Cards on Sony PS3 (Video Game)
Very nice. Only have one problem with it. It does not come with a cable. But it works with the charging cable for PS3. Does not work with off-brand memory cards. Only Sony and Standard PS2 cards. Very quick transfer. Manual transfer only (had no instructions) Very good overall though, very smooth and quick transfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, February 18, 2013
David Hwang (Glendale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The ps3 memory card adapter transferred all my ps1 save files with no hang ups or issues. Great product as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, just not compatible with high-capacity PS2 memory cards, November 26, 2013
hank frennig (JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA) - See all my reviews
official Sony product for your PS2>PS3 memory backup needs.
it's been years since I've actually tapped back into my PS2, but what would all that time spent be for if not to have some way to backup hours and hours of saves??
herein lies your solution.
only thing: it is not compatible with high-capacity (16MB+) cards, so you'll just have to use your old system to transfer files from your high-capacity card to a regular card (OEM or official brand, it does not matter) before making a digital backup

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great : ), September 27, 2013
Transfers ps2 and ps1 memory card data to the ps3 and allows you to save from the ps3 back to your cards if you want... Yes you can load the games to play (ps1/ps2) and pick up right where you left off (on ps3). The only thing I was dissapointed with is that it only works with official Sony memory cards. So make sure you transfer your data (from ps2 or ps1 cards) over to an official card before selling your console. I borrowed my friends ps2 to transfer from my off brand card to official card - and then onto the ps3 with no problem : ) There are a few videos on yt that help a lot with understanding how the product works. It creates a virtual "card" on the ps3 and you assign that card to slot 1 or 2 so when you play your ps1 or ps2 games you still select memory card 1 or 2 even though it's now internally stored on the hard drive...

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as needed, despite my oversight, April 5, 2014
Works like a charm to transfer data from ps2 memory cards to the internal memory card of a ps3. My oversight came into play when I failed to take into account that some PSN games are NOT compatible with ps2 saves - even some which are ps2 classics. Unfortunately, it rather defeats the purpose for me, but that is not the fault of the seller, nor a defect of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!!!, March 17, 2014
I had a fatboy years ago and had one of these units before, I used it to transfer all my files to my PS3 to play my ps2 and ps1 games on it, my fatboy died a slow death but i was able to use this to trnsfer the files back onto memory cards to play them on my old ps2 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish i could give it 6 starts!, January 4, 2014
Holy Crap this thing is great. i can move data from my PS3 to my PSone and PS2 memory cards and vice versa seamlessly. which can't be said for off brand models. which kinda work, if you're lucky. The price was phenomenal and it came incredibly fast. Thank A Lot Guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars memory card adapter, October 8, 2013
i know it works my friend has one so now I'm getting my own so i don't have to borrow his any more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Find, September 17, 2013
Worked perfectly with no issues, right out of the box. Was concerned when the writing on the packaging was lacking in English text but there were no complications. Transferring data from both PS2 and PS1 memory cards to my PS3 was smooth with no hang-ups. It was affordable and a sturdy device. Unobtrusive as it doesn't occupy much space at all. (It's just bigger than a PS2 memory card)

Used it with a PS3 slim 160GB 4th Generation model.

5.0 out of 5 stars It must work great, August 9, 2013
It must work as advertised. I bought this for my son and he hasn't complained yet. It must be working.

Playstation 3 Memory Card Adapter - Use PS2 Memory Cards on Sony PS3
Playstation 3 Memory Card Adapter - Use PS2 Memory Cards on Sony PS3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$131.62