Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Playstation Move Heroes (Motion Control)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 1, 2011
I had a ton of fun with this game. My Navigation controller finally got some real use.

What this game is is a collection of over 50 "challenges". These challenges aren't minigames as others have been claiming. You have full control of your character and each of these challenges takes 3-4 minutes to complete. They all have a secret item you can find to unlock different costumes, and have bronze silver gold ratings. Replay value is great if you want to get all of these things.

The Move controls work very well. I found that bowling, tossing discs, the whip, and the gun to work the best. The glowing ball on top of the Move even changes color to match the color of your weapon. The Move controls are really fun to use, and I don't think this game would have been half as fun with a standard controller.

The graphics are some of the best looking on the PS3. The in game environments are all vibrant and have excellent lighting. The character models all look great. And all of the original voice actors are back. The pre-rendered story cutscenes all look great too.

Overall, I found this to be a remarkably fun PS Move game. Note that I did not try the multiplayer at all. I am a fan of both the Ratchet and Sly franchises (I've never played a Jak game), and I thought their treatment in this game did them justice. I think that the people who are most disappointed with this game are those who thought it would be a sequel to these franchises. Instead it is a fun spinoff game with a really cool collaboration. I recommend this game to people with the Move and I also recommend getting a Nav controller as well.
on April 22, 2011
With all the famous PS3 duo's on the front cover of the game, you'd expect a nice co-op game to be played with a friend... not really. The first person gets to control the actual character while the 2nd person controls a hand/target on the screen. They are merely there to "help" the first player which isn't all that easy since the first player controls the screen and the camera movements. I wasn't expecting a platforming game by any means but I did expect two players to be able to run and do all the fun mini games together. The graphics and gameplay are nice enough, I just wanted a game to play with friends and this is not that game.
The game is pretty much like Sports Champion or Start The Party except with iconic Sony game characters rather then the players avatar but still the games and game style are entertaining to play as is the storyline of the game itself. The controls are pretty much the same as Sports Champion mostly like the Frisbee throw or bowling and the like but again it gives you what you'd expect a fun time. There's no lagging or pausing in the gameplay and it's also great to hear all the original voice cast doing their roles in the game from Ratchet&Clank to Jax&Daxter. So if you're looking for an entertaining and fun Move game here's one to take a look at...
on March 9, 2015
I love all three of the franchises represented here - Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter. I've played all of them and have had a lot of fun doing so. So when I saw a game that had all three, I had to get it and check it out. I was a bit disappointed that this wasn't really a game about those characters or with a similar gameplay. It's really just a sort of "puzzle" game with these characters used as the in-game avatars - with a rather cheesy back story concerning how they wound up together in this game.

That said, it's not a bad game and is fun to play with my kids. They watch me play the other games, but aren't really ready to play them themselves. Since it uses the move controllers, my kids are forced to at least move around while playing them and they have to stand up while playing, even if they don't have much movement to perform. They also like that they can pick characters to play that are the same as those they see me play when I'm playing the other games.
on June 28, 2014

on January 5, 2016
Bought this game as a gift for my 10-year old brother. Game was a bit difficult to understand. No direction as to what you are suppose to do, but after 30 minutes of playing he started to get the concept.
on September 10, 2012
The kids, even the girls like this game since it has a character they all love or love to hate! They have owned quite a few games from each character and really get like the fact they put them together. I picked this game out and Im a horrible game picker! So yeah me I finally got one right!!!
on September 12, 2011
First of all , this is the first playstation move game , I played. The game was really fun.
But the play time for the game is really short. I was able to finish the game in 6 hours which is really short. I remember when I played Jak 3 which took my several weeks to complete. I really expected much more episodes and a better story. This price is too much for such a short game.
Last year on E3, they announced playstation move heroes, as heroes on the move. The game has come a long way since the demo and the release. I found the demo to be a bit laggy with the swings and movements using the whip. As seeing the final product and testing it, I have to admit it has come a long way and enjoyed it. Now You get to play as your favorite hero or sidekick.

Introduction to the game:
The intro video has to be one of the most interesting things of the game as we get to see the characters from their perspective world fighting and battling evil beings, and rescuing their companions.

Character voices and appearances:
After hearing their voices and details, I have to say I am extremely pleased with how they look and sound. The level of nostalgia is huge, especially considering that jak and daxter is the only series not to have crossed over to the ps3, however there are games which have words and precursor orbs appear in the Uncharted series. Most to all the character voices are the same or similar to their original series.

Storyline:
As this game is a spin off it's understandable for this game to somewhat follow the storyline of the game with different parts. However the characters do feel a bit confusing by their powers and looks. Daxter is a perfect example.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is interesting with perfect use of the move controllers. Although there can be a small moment of lag, and depending on your position, some of the move triggers might not work effectively. However that could have been me, since I wasn't at the designated 6 to 8 feet. (lack of space.)The gameplay is simple but well worth to play.

Graphics:
The game being a resolution of 720p, (to me graphics don't matter) really makes it look outstanding. The characters have their natural colors from the previous games and the levels look exactly like the other games from the ps2 and the ps3.

Final note:
As I've only played just about 2 to 3 hours of the game, I will not give it a final review until I play everything. However for now I like the game. The characters, the details of the game and the gameplay really help this game to be one of the best spinoff games ever made.

Heroes on the move gets a 4 out of 5.*

*Review might change when I finish it giving my own personal thoughts about it.
on March 24, 2011
Edit 2: A warning for anybody looking for immediate gameplay and/or limited PS3 HDD space.
GS had this game on sale for 1/4 the MSRP and the Navigator for 1/2 so I picked them up for my son's 9th birthday. Haven't played it yet b/c we were waiting for EVER for it to install. And it's a MANDATORY install. And it's 6.292G. That's a huge install in my mind for a handful of minigames. Especially for a game you'll play here and there for awhile. 6.3 gig is a lot of space out of my 74gig HDD for a collection that will be played over time sporadically. I know those last 2 sentences are somewhat redundant but I'm annoyed at both the wait and the use of my HDD space.

Old - Just wanted to give a heads up to any adults buying this game for their children - you need either the Navigator or kids with big hands to play this. My 6 and 8 year old sons really liked what they were able to play in the demo but neither was anywhere near capable of holding the PS3 dualshock controller in 1 hand and playing this game. I had to use the dualshock while they played with the Move. We were really looking forward to getting this but now it's on hold until we find more reasons to spend $30 on the Navigator or their hands grow larger. If you see this game in a Move bundle for $100 that Move bundle does NOT include the Navigator either.

Edit: My 2 sons took turns playing the 1 hr. trial, again with me using the dualshock. My 6 year old blamed me when we only got a silver on one of the whip levels. The bowling and disc levels actually weren't too bad, but the fighting doesn't work that way.
55 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse