Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Playstation Move Motion Controller
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Edition: Standard|Change

on September 19, 2010
When I got my hands on this device I realized instantly it was no Wii rip off. The precision is dead on, and trust me.... you won't be dissapointed. It's farrr more comfortable then it looks and it is truly 1:1. I do warn you, it does look a little bigger in real life than the pictures though.
on December 4, 2015
The Playstation Move was a product that I was excited about as soon as I heard it was coming out. I know some people might think that this is just a rip-off of a Nintendo Wii controller, but that would really be selling this controller short. It has the added feature of being tracked by the Playstation Eye camera in addition to having built in accelerometers. This means that when you tilt your hand or orient the controller in a certain way, that it will be mirrored on the screen and in turn affect your gameplay.

The controller feels very solid, and it is powered by a rechargable battery just like the standard PS3 controllers. I plug mine into the PS3 when I'm not using them so when the PS3 is on, they charge in 3-5 hours and are back to full. I would probably recommend getting a standalone Move controller dock that will plug into the wall and keep the controllers charged at all times if you don't use them frequently.

The setup is very easy, just a few clicks of the PS Move button near your shoulder and torso is about all it takes to sync. It is also kind of cool how the orb on the top of the controller changes depending on the game and the player (when playing multiplayer).

The only thing I did find a bit annoying is that sometimes it is difficult to use this controller to navigate the PS3 main menu and then some of the game menus outside of basic PS Move play. Other than that, this product is very good, and really does work as well as advertised.
on October 26, 2015
Sony's awesome answer to the Kinect.

PROs:
+ Read Accuracy
+ Charging Time
+ Charging Hold
+ Size/Weight

CONs:
- Silly Pulse Colors

The read accuracy on this device is really impressive. I love playing the sword fighting on the Playstation Move Sports 1 package and seeing how accurate the sword swings are. While the Kinect is obviously known for reading your body, the fact that Sony's has you holding a device makes it better, because that's how you would naturally feel when you are swinging a sword or smacking a baseball - it simply makes sense and more importantly it works!

The only bad thing I have to say is that the colors that pulsate on the device can be a little distracting a silly, but overall it's pretty awesome.
on April 28, 2012
The playstation move is the best and most realistic motion gaming ever. This isn't the "wrist" motion tennis that you get from the wii or the laggy kinect. This is accurate and realistic motion! When I use this controller with Sports Champions, the 1:1 motion with games like table tennis is amazing and feels like I am actually playing real table tennis. I was completely shocked how well this motion controller reacted with the game. And with shooting games like House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Edition, it works perfectly. Calibrating is very easy to do. And if people are having aiming issues, they aren't calibrating it correctly or they have moved away from the calibrated point (for example... they may have accidentally moved a couple feet to the side during gameplay). With Sports Champions, you literally have to take steps forward and back so it is ok to move all around. However with shooting games, it is less forgiving as you can't move around too much from the calibrated point. It also has nice vibration and feels comfortable in the hand and feels like high quality like ps3 dual shock controller. No cheap plastic feeling at all. I do recommend the playstation move and this motion controller. And there are plenty of move games coming out soon.
on August 14, 2014
The Move catalog may be [at this point] not growing anymore...and overall [sadly] a bit on the sparse side -- there is still a lot of fun to be had with the Move controller.

Firstly, let me just say that the Move itself works fine. In shooting games (my main attraction to them) it does seem to lose calibration and 'drift' over time...but it's an overall minor annoyance; it does break the illusion, but doesn't kill the fun. I am using mine with a projector screen...so I am not sure if that environment / setup would affect it at all.

The catalog of game to really checkout, at least in my opinion / findings...is as follows:
Firstly...before even the "numbers" -- if you want to play shooting games...get the Sharp Shooter gun attachment. I'm not sure how many games "fully" utilize it, but it does work great for a number of games I'll name below. Also, the Navigation Controller did enhance the experience significantly in certain games as well.
1) Heavy Rain. I'm actually really sad that Beyond: Two Souls didn't support the Move...as Heavy Rain was a wonderfully natural fit for what it asked you to do. Likely the best Move integration in a game I've had. I actually didn't even try "Beyond: Two Souls" since I felt it was such an oversight to not have it.
2) Dead Space: Extraction. This was a great unexpected surprise for me. It's still an "on the rails" shooter...but it actually has a decent story -- and playing with a friend is an absolute blast. My friend and I were completely surprised, and I am excited to play through it again soon.
3) House of the Dead OVERKILL. It's cheesy, campy...and plenty crude. But it's also a whole lot of fun. Grab a friend, and you'll be laughing away. This is likely the one that friends and I first reach for, as it's just straight-through fun...even if it isn't the most engaging of story lines -- you play it for the shooting. ;)
4) Child of Eden. I can't say that I've finished this game, or jumped into it every spare chance I get...but it's quite an audio-visual experience. If you have a nice sound system and a decent TV, turn out the lights and you'll be treated with quite a different experience.
5) The Shoot. Another really fun co-op game. Sadly, you have to finish a stage before it is unlocked as "co-op"...don't know why they did that...but once you have them cleared (hopefully ahead of time), it is really fun to play with friends.

I have others that I have bought, but haven't played yet: Killzone 3 (one of the few games that fully utilizes the Sharp Shooter), etc ... but I can say that the investment in the Move is well worth the fun-factor.
Especially if you've ever enjoyed arcade shooters...this accessory will be great fun for you.
on June 2, 2016
I find these devices to be very finicky. Don't you?

Wiimotes were one thing. Then they added that Wiimote Plus for six-axis action. This light-sensitive wand, which (let's face it) looks like an adult toy, doesn't always work well with the PS-Eye and games that utilize said devices. And it doesn't matter how much you adjust and re-calibrate ... things just aren't as solid as the consistent inputs of face-button controllers.
on November 1, 2013
So overall this item I gave 3 stars because although I love my Playstation (outside of my original Nintendo, I have only had playstation as my game system) I just really don't like these hand held things. I like interaction in the game but if I can do it without the hand held controller that would be preferred. For the actual product I received, it linked to my playstation easily and works great.
on September 17, 2010
This has got to be the most fun I've had with my PS3 in months! HIGHLY recommend getting the Move. I bought this as an addition to the new 320gb bundle (I upgraded.)
on September 24, 2010
When I first saw the move, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. Motion control with a stick like device was too Nintendo Wii for my tastes. It was 50 dollars so I bit the bullet and purchased one. I had somewhat high expectations for the device- the Wii has been out for 4 years so I expected the motion control to be top of the line.

The control is fluid as can be. There is virtually no noticeable lag, the precision is just really mind blowing. I expected to waggle at times, but it really does work as advertised. I'm a 21 year old hardcore gamer, but even this won me over. Granted, it is pricey, but the control is legit.

I would recommend this product to anyone who enjoys family games and multiplayer games. It's better in a group.
on September 25, 2010
This is an excellent product that offers a glimpse into the future of the way we will interact with machines. I bought this after reading the consistent 5-star reviews. And I was not disappointed. It's definitely the next generation of motion controls, not perfect, but better. I highly recommend getting the bundle and one extra controller. Also, tumbler is a great game for only 9.99 that shows off the puzzle game potential of this hardware. Oh, and on slightly strange level--give the pet simulator a try. Definitely some scary uncanny valley implications, but seriously cool.