Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 8, 2013
It blew up within 10 mins. I started playing kingdom hearts 2 and before I can even finish the load screen, boom, everything turns off. At first I thought it was the outlet, but that wasn't the case. PS2 still turns on with other cords, so it wasn't that, I tried a different power cord, it wasn't that, it was the adapter itself that blew. Very disappointed in this.
on February 26, 2014
I noticed a lot of bad reviews on this item and wondered why - I then noticed there are people selling "generic" power supply versus the used ones for sell, which are usually legitimate Sony. I decided to stick with a legitimate used Sony one and it all worked out great.
So I would say, avoid the generic ones and go to the used ones, verify it is a real Sony power supply before you buy it.
on July 29, 2014
Works great exactly like the original. My dog chewed up the first one when she was a puppy and my ps2 has just been sitting around for years not being played. Then one day I got in the mood to play Kingdom Hearts again and pulled it out of retirement only to be reminded I didn't have a working power adapter so I ordered this one and it works great and it was cheap too! Shoulda ordered a long time ago lol
on December 31, 2014
You've got to ask yourself one question..."do I feel lucky?" Well do ya (punk)?!?
Purchased this yesterday for a PS2 hand-me-down. Got it same day delivery...great service!!!!
Plugged it in, PS2 powered up, kids played maybe 20 minutes, heard a pop, power went off.
Power cord and brick were warm, but not even laptop warm...PS2 the same. Waited to see if there was a thermo-switch that would reset. Nope. Its dead. I expect those who have given many stars are happy with their purchase. I got one of the losers I guess. Too much of a crap-shoot to buy another and too much hassle to send it back. I'm off to ebay for the real thing. For the record, this unit weighs maybe 1/5 of the Sony version. Makes me think they are using a silicon-based transformer which, perhaps, is not robust enough for the system.
on January 9, 2014
I ordered this months ago but only just moved and was able to use this plug. I plugged it in and heard a pop noise, then smoke. This happened with both my Japanese PS2 and US PS2. Defective cord. Buy from Sony only!!
on October 10, 2013
THIS CORD IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM I WAS HAVING ON MY PS2 CONSOLE. MY CORDS WERE OLD AND WORE OUT.I BOUGHT THIS TO CORRECT MY CONNECTION PROBLEM. WORK FLAWLESS.I WILL GRADE THIS AS AN A+/ WORKS GREAT. LOVE IT...I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE POWER CORD ON THE PS2. THIS WORKS GREAT>>>>
on July 9, 2012
I bought the product and it came in the time it said, I have no problem with the company that sent it. However, every night for the last 3 nights I have played the time limit before the battery overheats and shuts my PS2 slim off is around 2 hrs, after 2 hrs I cannot even play because within 5 minutes it will overheat again and shut my PS2 off, Product works, but cannot sustain play-ability due to over heating battery.
on March 17, 2014
This charger works just as well as the original Dell version that came with our laptop, but it is a fraction of the cost. As with any aftermarket charger, I am always cautious to never leave it plugged in while we are out of the house. That being said, I have not experienced anything negative and it seems to have worked great since we purchased it last year!
on November 6, 2015
Ok anyone looking to get a wire for their ps2 slim DO NOT BUY THIS, BETTER LUCK BUYING A USED ONE OFF OF EBAY..
I ordered it and it got here today and I was all excited to play, and I open up the package and all I got was a f*cking bag of bolts and plastic connectors, on top of this I'm glad I didn't get the real product as I'm hearing most of the stuff people received caught on fire and is dangerous, I'm outraged..
review image
on December 31, 2013
Stopped working in less than a month of use. One of the prongs on the power unit sunk all the way in and could not get power to my ps2 slim no more. Cheap make not official sony brand that's for sure. Stay far away and look somewhere else.