Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on August 29, 2013
1st time PS3 buyer but I own a PSP for a few years and enjoy it. Good package featuring Top loading console (door slides from right to left to open and left to right to close)1 wireless dual shock six axis controller, 1 move controller, 1 eye, 2 games, USB cable, analog A/V cable. Full wired and wireless options for internet, 2 USB ports, HDMI port (no cable included)and 250gb HDD. I also discovered I can use my Windows 7 computer as a media server thru PS3 and watch/listen to anything that's on my computer (see Youtube for instructions) and not have to use any internal drive space on the console. Playing Gran Turismo 5 with my kid and blown away by the graphics. Haven't tried MOVE games yet but I'm sure they're gonna be fun (we still use our Wii). Both systems are fun but PS3 wins IMO, just for graphics alone. Also... it plays Blu-Ray.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
You wont be sorry! PS3 is the most amazing and innovated gaming console on the market! If you are a serious gamer or If you're shopping for your kids ps3 is the way to go! Its backwards compatible, wireless, the online gaming is free(xbox live is 60/year). Its also very easy to set parental controls. What I really love about ps3 is the network is free! When i had an xbox I had to pay 60$ for a membership to be able to watch netflix(which is 10$/month on its own) and connect to the internet. With ps3 all you have to pay for is netflix its self not an online membership. Its also a BLUERAY player! Although the ps4 came out recently I still think a ps3 is the way to go!
on January 22, 2014
The PS3 is a great gadget. I am a 70 yr old retired male who mostly just sat around.
I acquired the PS3 about three weeks ago and I cant get enough of the games that
I play. Mostly golf, tennis, bowling and ping pong. These were some of my favorite
games as a younger man. I played golf and tennis until I was 50 yrs old and never
thought I would play again. The games are so realistic that I actually feel like I am
really on the gold course or tennis court. etc. This has gotten me off the sofa and
now I am getting some much needed exercise. thanks PS3.
on June 13, 2014
I purchased this bundle just as the PS4 was being released and the PS3 started to go on sale.
I chose the bundle with the Move because I wanted all of the components new and under warranty. Sports Champions didn't add a lot of value, but I am glad to have it.
For me, it was a good choice.
Compared with the Xbox 360's Kinect, I have found the Move less frustrating, but the experience is very different. My gaming area, like many, is in a confined living room space and the Kinect stopped being fun when the 360 was relocated there. Not a problem with the Move.
The PS3 has been reviewed in 20 million other places, so my review would be poor preparation by way of comparison. I purchased the unit because of the variety of games that the PS3 offered compared to the 360 in the categories of individual gaming and non-shooter games.
There are few games in the last 20 years I would buy new, and it is an on again off again hobby for me, so this was an economical entertainment purchase.
on December 11, 2015
I got this two years ago. I'd purchased another PS3 Move bundle two or 3 years prior to that for my ex husband for Father's Day one year and he got it when he moved out, so I needed to get another for me! I've had endless fun with the PS3 and the Sports Champions move game. My kids love the Eye Pet game. A little secret: I use the Gladiator Warrior game on Sports Champions in my exercise routine! I've not had any issues with the PS3, though it did overheat once. I keep it on a small, enclosed (except in the front) shelf under the TV, so there's not a ton of air flow down there. After removing it and plugging it in where there was plenty of air flow, it was just fine.

We use it for games, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon movie rentals (I know, I should get Prime back... but I'm a single mom so money is tight), watching DVDs and Blu-Rays, sometimes even listening to music. There are so many other apps you can use. I'd use HBO Go, but my cable company doesn't allow the use of the app through PS3.

My daughter and I both have profiles on there, and she loves changing her avatar and wallpaper color to fit her personality.

I've since gotten another wireless controller and 3 more move controllers. It's great for game nights with friends and a few bottles of wine, too!
on March 22, 2014
This has been great for our entire family. We have a great time, esp in conjunction with the Disney Infinity system. Our daughter likes the gladiator style fighting with the Move system (not violent or gory at all).
on March 3, 2014
A bit spendy now that the new consoles are out..... I expected the price to go down. Alas, my PS3 stopped working and I had to replace it. The construction is not at nice as the older versions. This seems more flimsy. I keep waiting for the disc door to go flying off....

Big down side is that you cannot playback PS2 or PS1 games anymore on the new consoles. That makes me sad.
on November 24, 2015
Bought this product/system from SELLER: TREND GENIE in August for a birthday this month (November). Come to find out, the PS3 does NOT even work. WE CANNOT GET PAST THE FIRST 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SYSTEM POWERS DOWN/OFF!!! The system literally cannot get past trying to complete a "system update" before it turns off!!! I went to contact the seller to maybe exchange or replace the product and the site will not let me, but I will admit I am a novice at this. I understand there are policies, but the product was just opened and the gaming system did NOT work past setting up the user profile and internet connection before making a smell and turning off. Was sold a lemon, BUYER BEWARE of this model and possibly seller too. Makes me a little hesitant to use Amazon again for purchases past $25-$50 to be honest, because that's $250 just gone if we can't get it replaced/refunded/credited.
on January 5, 2014
I gave my son my old PS2 and he has always love it. We have always been able to find games for the PS2 he loves but recently the games he has been wanting are not made for the PS2. Now that the PS4 has been released, I found this a great opportunity to get a great deal. I shopped around and this one was the only one that caught my eye as a 'good deal' Came with 2 games, 2 controllers and an eye. And the biggest selling point was the 250gb hard drive. Was worth the extra money just for that feature. So far no issues with the system. works like a charm and lots of features we love. Already purchased 1 more move controller and 3 more dualshock 3 controllers and charging stations. Fun for the whole family.
on January 30, 2014
Love the fact that this came with a few games and so many accessories. Individually bought, these would cost a small fortune. This bundle saved me a lot of money and provides a lot of fun for the whole family.