Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Package Type: Retail|Change

Showing 1-10 of 347 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 13, 2012
I have a newborn and just finished my second refill. She is 6 weeks old. I know how many diapers I've been through because I've tossed almost all of her diapers at home (still don't get out much). I'm just starting a 5th case of 88 newborn diapers. That means I've gone through 4 cases of 88 each = 352 diapers. 352 diapers in 42 days = 8-9 diapers a day (that sounds about right).

Anyway, my point with the above calculation is that I got about 175 diapers in each refill. Not at all 270. Maybe they packed them airtight - but through normal use, I think it's far less than 270. And of course, once she gets into larger size diapers, it will be even fewer.

So what does this mean? Based on current pricing, it means I'm paying another 3.5 cents PER DIAPER for my diaper genie. And that's newborn size. If you are someone sitting there calculating your per-diaper costs, you may not think much about what it costs you to toss it.

Then again, even at 3.5 cents per diaper, you're still talking about maybe 30 cents a day. That's worth it to me. I like my diaper genie a lot and I do find these refills convenient.

But if you tend to look for ways to get that 19 cent diaper instead of 22 cents or whatever, this adds a lot (relatively) to the cost. Might want to try the regular trash bag trick that another reviewer mentioned.
on August 16, 2011
I haven't used anything else but the genie II. So far so good, even stinky poops are contained within the diaper genie. don't ask me how since it appears there are some small gaps within the jaws that clamp around the plastic. all i know is it works. The bag refills are a bit on the expensive side, but having amazon prime helps contain costs.

Thanks
on April 5, 2016
I'm so glad these are on here. It's much cheaper buying a three pack than it is buying a single one at the store. These bags (and the container) work great. I do, however, have a problem with maybe one out of 7 refills. When I initially open the refill, the bags gets stuck and tears. After I get it unstuck and pull more out, I don't have anymore problems. It's just that initial unraveling.
on December 3, 2015
We LOVE our diaper genie. I had many people tell us to not bother, and just take the diapers outside as we change them. My problems with that idea are
-midnight zombie state diaper changes. Instead of being forced to walk outside in the middle of the night with a baby I'm trying to get back to sleep, I can automatically tap the pedal with my foot and drop the diaper into the pail to magically be gone until I'm awake enough to empty it. Otherwise I'm sure I'd just leave it on the floor or table and be picking up scattered diapers later.
- WINTER. It's cold and snowy here in the winter. I'm not running a diaper outside in the blizzard with the diaper genie.
Why don't I just use my regular trash can? Because it lives in the kitchen and who wants to smell pee and poo while they're eating or preparing food?
For us, this setup works great. I tried to think of ways to get away with using something besides the diaper genie refills. Honestly this is the best set up for the diaper genie. The refill is a big long plastic tube bag and you just tie the end to make the bottom, and place the diapers in. When it's full or the normal time to take them out, cut the bag and tie it again for a sealed tube of dirty diapers. Tie a new knot and you're set. I like that if I take them out sooner, I can cut and tie the bag wherever I need it. I'm not throwing away a huge unused portion like I might by taking a regular garbage bag out early.
My only problem with these is I have had a few of the bags come out with a small tear in the side. That makes them completely useless in the area they are torn. I've had a tear range from 6 inches to 18 inches. I considered contacting the company or amazon but I was honestly too busy with other stuff to care. I think I've experienced 3 separate single tears in 15 months. These are a wonderful deal and even when they're on sale in my local store they are cheaper here, with my amazon subscribe and save.
on March 24, 2016
Love them, they serve their purpose, I am however deducting one star because they are rather expensive... especially for a garbage bags.... and as well know babies go through soooo many diapers these get filled up pretty fast, but overall all great product.
on February 2, 2016
They're poop bags. They hold poop well. They allow me to not have to smell the poop. I like not touching the poop. They are expensive poop holders. I don't like that. I'm not going to stop buying them. At least until I have to stop dealing with tiny people poop.
on February 19, 2015
We've been meaning to re stock on these for our two diaper genies (we have a 2year old and 1year old) but have been lazy and have been using scented trash bags... The problem with that is every time you put a dirty diaper in the diaper genie you still end up getting a whiff of whatever dirty diapers were already in there-UH yuck. Also, the scented trash bag only gets half filled before it is full in the actual diaper genie which seems wasteful.. Buy these or the munchkin brand if you have a diaper genie!
The three pack of these is a reasonably priced way to keep your diaper genie elite, elite II, or essentials doing its job. These refills also work in the Litter Locker II Hygenic Soiled Litter Disposal System, so you can save yourself about three bucks each over the price of Litter Locker II Refill as of today's writing. Or, if the price changes, you can use the litter locker refills in your diaper genie. They're the same thing.
on March 30, 2015
Even though they seem expensive, you can't beat balling up those yucky diapers and chucking them into the genie. Sometimes I think it could contain the smell better, but generally seems to hold quite a bit. I recommend not letting it get to full before you cut the bag and start fresh. It will just be easier in the long run and cut down on stink.
on July 29, 2014
We like our Diaper Genie. We really do. And these are the refills. And they fit. And do the job.

But every so often, we find one of the refills is very hard to get started. And then you only get the middle of the plastic wrap. And then the thing is done for. And we have to either jerry-rig it or write off half the refill, or sometimes just throw the whole refill away.

But the diaper genie is the best diaper disposal product we've seen amongst the many at our friends' houses. No smell, compact, easy to deal with.