Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2009 7:33:42 AM PST
Scott says:
This woman knows nothing at all about dogs, she is nothing more than a red carpet magnetic who goes out constantly trying to get her face in the media. She supports the north shore animal league which has a charity rating that's beyond terrible, look it up yourself, they are a completely ineffective charity. She didn't even get her own dog from the NSAL she got it from a breeder. The only thing she knows about dogs is how to use them as a photo op.

Don't support airhead vapid trophy wives who know nothing about dogs, get a real book by an actual expert, not a blonde bimbo.

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 9:27:41 AM PST
Iggy says:
Amen!

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 10:23:08 AM PST
Payen says:
Boy, you said it. As a person who actually does rescue animals and has a house and barn full of them, I resent this gold-digging media whore. She is a hypocracy, and is the last person I would take dog advice from. She doesn't practice what she preaches .. she has giant homes, and only one dog that she got already trained from a breeder? Please. I hope no one gives her more undeserved money for this waste of paper.

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 11:49:24 AM PST
Iggy says:
The only way this book could help a dog is if it's used for doggy potty training!

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 11:16:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 21, 2009 11:22:48 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2009 6:43:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2009 12:12:50 PM PST
jenifer says:
Completely agree - this is a mockery. Anyone who needs real dog care support by someone with credibility should really buy a Cesar Milan or another experienced trainer's book.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 3:53:46 AM PST
How about waiting until it comes out and reading it before bashing it? Ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2009 9:27:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2010 3:24:12 PM PDT
Deeda says:
You do realize this woman knows nothing about what she's writing, don't you? You do know she bought her dog from a breeder which is horrible considering she goes on shows specificaly to warn others of doing this, don't you? You realize she called a psychic to see if her dog minds walking in seaweed, don't you? How about I write a book about heart health. I own a heart. It works. I tell people not to eat trans fat...but I eat twinkies all the time. When I had heart palpatations I went to askanurse.com and found out I was fine. But just to be sure I called a psychic I found in the back of Rolling Stone magazine and she confirmed I was fine. So, yeah. I can write a book about heart health and you should buy it. Oh...and I get to be on TV and promote it...that's the BEST part. The most ammmmaaazing part.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 9:40:26 AM PST
I am no fan of hers but she deserves to sell thousands of books as compensation for the abuse she is taking on this site. I rarely laugh out loud but I cannot stop today.. Amazing

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2009 9:47:31 AM PST
Payen says:
She deserves every bit of abuse she gets. She puts herself out there for every bit of it. We laugh because it's all true.

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 7:10:10 AM PST
As to one thing the original poster said, he/she is definitely correct about the North Shore Animal League. They are one of the worst charities there is, according to http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4239 . They have an efficiency rating of 0 stars, and I am not making this up.

Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of humans badly in need of help. But even if you are an animal rights nut of some sort, this charity is a really bad one.

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 2:43:40 PM PST
Kats says:
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOOK. Beth O is NOT a licensed animal expert and has NEVER trained an dog in her life. She PURCHASED her pure bred dog from a breeder. The dog came to her fully trained.
Beth O is nothing but a failed model who married above her station.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2010 5:34:30 PM PST
The north shore animal league is like giving charity money to bernie madoff. you want to do something nobel, beth? try working for a living

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 9:12:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2010 9:13:22 PM PST
John Hein says:
Beth has never trained a dog and when people ask her questions her answer is always to simply throw money at the situation and hire a real professional. When Scott DePace asked how to keep his dog from jumping up and chewing things Beth's answer was "you need to get a professional trainer to work with you". GREAT ADVICE....I wish there was a whole book filled with helpful nuggets like that!

1. Beth purchased a purebred dog even though she works for a supposed animal shelter
2. Beth's dog came pre-trained. She never had to lift a finger
3. Beth uses pet psychics. She has called and PAID a pet psychic to find out if her dog dislikes walking on seaweed.

If those things don't tell you how stupid and pointless this book and it's author are then go ahead and buy it!!

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 12:14:19 PM PST
luv shoes says:
Do any of you know her? I'm guessing no one here knows anything real about her. She was a model and she married Howard Stern. Sure she lives that lifestyle, do you expect her to live in a trailer park now? Never go to a movie opening or anything else that goes on in NYC.

Her dog is 7-8 years old, sure she got it from a breeder ( I think it was a puppy that was returned to the breeder anyway), it doesn't mean she can't then later learn about rescue and grow in her life. My dog was from a breeder, then I joined the rescue and had 5 rescues in my home at one time and placed another 5, I'm not even sure how many feral kittens I have rescued. But I guess I'm scum for life for getting that breeder puppy. I'm pretty sure she is adopting 2 cats from NS. So NSAL has bad ratings as a charity, it's still a no -kill shelter and she raised $250k for it my running the Marathon and just to get ready for that was months of hard training. It's her passion and she can do what she wants with money she is raising. She visits and volunteers frequenly, she's not just donating Howard's money for a tax write off.

How do even know what she knows? Most dog trainers you pay money for in Pet Smart are just employees given a few lessons, you certainly shouldn't pay that kind of money to those people. I am not a professional trainer (whatever that really is, there is not college for it) but I've had dogs for years, I researched and know what to feed them, how to treat them, etc. So who is to say she doesn't, I'm sure she interviewed experts anyway. Anyone that writes a non-fiction book will do that, it doesn't make them media whore bimbos.

You are all just jealous at some level, whether it's her looks or her money or her lifestyle whatever. And most of you must be Stern fans, or you wouldn't even know who she is. You Stern 'Fans'/ 'Haters' make me sick.

Stop listening if you hate Beth and Artie and Howard so much and stop writing so much hateful crap. Bunch of Hillbilly losers.

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 12:23:53 PM PST
Well, actually we can start listening again, artie is out, and beth will soon follow if these penthouse remodelers dont leave. stern is planting his seeds of dissent, and if you dont see that in front of your face, then your not a true fan......He is putting her name out there in critical light. and that drives his wolvelike fans berserk

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 12:56:54 PM PST
Payen says:
Then luvshoes can be the only idiot to buy this book. I hope Beth and Howard enjoy your hard-earned money.

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 1:24:39 PM PST
Djenkin8 says:
Luv shoes, if Beth had donated that $250,000 to the 4-Star ASPCA of NYC (92% of donations goes to programs and services) then $230,000 of it would have gone to the direct care of the animals. Donating the same amount to NSAL (64% of donations goes to programs and services) means that only $160,000 went to the animals. That $70,000 difference goes to the parties and events at NSAL that are for rich, Hamptons, elitist scum like Beth. In fact $250,000 is $72,000 short of paying the salary of their director. If Beth truly cared about animals she would choose to represent a more responsible organization, but NSAL does support the thing she cares about most, her celebutard lifestyle.

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 1:46:32 PM PST
luv shoes says:
well, luvshoes isn't going to buy this book, I don't need it really.

But I pay my Sirius subscription fees, so Howard and the NFL and CNBC are splitting my money I guess. I don't care, I like Howard and the show is entertaining. It's worth my money.

Beth is just trying to do good, she probably doesn't understand all your numbers and she's certainly doing more charity work than any of those Housewives on BRAVO. At least 64% is a decent % for a charity, some are less than %25. We can't all know everything about everything like BethSucks does. And you shouldn't call people Elitist Scum unless you know them personally, that's really going too far.

We are all losers for sitting here discussing this issue, we should all have gone somewhere else after work to do something charitable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2010 11:57:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2010 11:58:56 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 6, 2010 8:57:46 AM PST
Deeda says:
Something tells me Luvshoes is really Beth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 9:07:04 AM PST
Payen says:
I was thinking the same thing. Her name should be luvmoney.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 9:32:16 AM PST
luv scarecrows, luv preying mantis's, luv noseferatus, luv notworking, luv old rich bags of dirt...>etc etc

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 9:33:44 AM PST
Payen says:
luvsleepingwithdisgustingricholdmentogetfameandmanufacturedcareer

Posted on Jan 8, 2010 8:11:05 AM PST
PismoTony says:
I don't think luvshoes is Beth. Not one mention of something being "Amaaaazing."

I think Beth's name would be "Luvoats."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about