Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 26, 2012
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!! This is a great way to teach our girls about minding & helping at home & helping others! I would recommend this book to anyone with small children!
on September 18, 2014
I like the idea of a book for children about what is "pleasing to the Lord," but this one could have been executed better. Perhaps at two, my son is just too young to understand the concepts the way they're presented here. I would have liked to see more toddler-accessible, simple ideas, such as "when I obey my mommy," rather than "When I share what Jesus did, and the glory of Heaven above." Also, the illustrations remind me of Japanese anime.
This is a VERY quick book to read to your young child. It kind of felt that it really did not end BUT I still recommend it as there are some good points in it that young children need to learn. You won't lose their attention with this book.

SO what is pleasing to the Lord?

Listening * Doing a chore without complaining * Hugging a brother * Setting a good example * Inviting friends to church * Telling them what Jesus did * Reading the Bible daily * Praying for guidance
on January 30, 2015
This simple rhyming book is based on Colossians 3:20. It tells small children what they can do to please the Lord. This is an excellent way to teach children acts of kindness.
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.
on March 21, 2012
I like all of the good themes in this book which talk about doing things that please God. These are told at a level that a small child could accomplish such as listening to mommy, helping with chores, helping to clean up, giving someone a hug, and telling others about God. I think the main point gets across well to young viewers. I'd recommend this for ages 2-4. The book lends itself to conversations with a toddler where you could encourage them to do some of the things the children in the book are doing.

Although I like the premise of the book, I can't quite bring myself to give it a five star review. First off, it is pretty short and doesn't seem like the kind of book I could read and over to my kids. Although I liked the pictures on each of the pages individually I felt like something was off illustration wise. It almost seemed like 2 or 3 separate people did the pictures because the color schemes were different, the children's faces were different, the whole feel of the book seemed to switch depending on which page you were on. Again, it's not that I didn't like each of the pictures on their own, they just didn't seem cohesive.

If you are trying to teach your little one about doing things that help others and show love, I'd recommend you give this book a try if the price is right.
on August 23, 2012
Nice little book with simple graphics (as others have pointed out, they do differ between sections, so didn't feel cohesive to me personally). I like that it started out with what kids can do on a daily basis: working without complaining, being kind to siblings, and moving on to sharing Jesus with friends, and finally reading and praying daily. I would say that this book is best for 3-5 year olds, and somehow the lesson of "praying for His guidance to be all that I can be" seems a bit over their heads. I wish that the author had focused on simpler tasks for this book, and then maybe a more grown-up version for 6-8 YOs.
on February 3, 2014
It's a good learning book for children, but wish it would have been a little longer and covered more reasons to be pleasing to God.
When I downloaded the book (and still says) that I only have 63% of the book and I don't understand that but the book appears to be ended at the 63%.
on March 30, 2013
Loved this book for my boys. I want them to know how important it is to be pleasing to the Lord.
on June 21, 2013
I got this on my Kindle to share with our little 5-year-old granddaughter in Spain. She has no Christians in her life, and this served as a wonderful tool to open up the concept of pleasing Jesus: Who He is, why Nana loves pleasing Him, how it makes us feel to do so. Great at encouraging obedience, too. Love it!
on March 4, 2013
5 star rating very charming for God`s word for the wee world too see for adults and children.LOVE IT LOT