5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone - amazing value
This bundle is amazing value. Currently $9.51, it includes a mix of grand strategy games (Crusader Kings II and Victoria II), RTS games (Majesty Gold - HD and Majesty 2 Collection), a Civ 5-like strategy (Warlock: Master of the Arcane) and SP/MP action (Magicka Collection).

Published on August 31, 2012 by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good deal
I love Paradox games, but why would I spend $145 for the package, when I could buy them all individually for a total of $111? Hopefully this is just an error, and they'll fix this soon.
Published 22 months ago by Jeffrey Abbott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone - amazing value, August 31, 2012
Chris (Sorrento, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)

Any one of the above games gives at least $10 worth of gameplay, and you're getting 6, plus a huge bundle of DLC, addons and expansions in their respective collections.

All games activate on Steam and you get separate steam keys for each of the 13 items listed in the pack, so if you already have some of the games, you can give the extras to friends.

In short, if you have even a passing interest in Paradox games, and the bundle's price is under $20, grab it. It's great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome deal!, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
$20 is a steal! I have been waiting for Crusader Kings to be on sale but I never expected thus good of a deal. Glad I got it before it went back up to $146.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crusader kings 2 is amazing!, August 19, 2013
atliia (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
I found a good deal on this pack. I was able to try out a few games for a decent price. I really did not know anything about them. Most of the games I was not that into. But, I have since fallen in love with CK2. Read the reviews online. If you are into strategy games you will love paradox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the learning curve, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
If you are a fan of Paradox, this review is not for you.

This game is not for everyone, you have to pay a toll to get to the fun, and that toll is learning everything about the game up front, then experimenting for at least 6 hours.

After that though, you can start experiencing one of the real gems of strategy gaming. t.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Many Games . . ., January 14, 2013
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
All I have to say is that for the price this is an amazing bundle.

I really only got it for Crusader Kings II, but that game alone is worth the price of the package. The depth of the title is amazing, and offers unparalleled replayability.

But on top of that you get a bundle of other games. Some of which I have played in the past, each worth it.

Five stars. If you're looking for simulation fun you need to buy this today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
This is an amazing value pack! I bought this for Crusader Kings II alone, and at $20 with a few DLCs (but not the expansion DLCs) it is a good deal already. The list shows 13 items, but essentially they are 6 games : (1) Crusader Kings II, (2) Magicka, (3) Majesty 2, (4) Majesty Gold, (5) Victoria II, (6) Warlock: Master of the Arcane. However, I bought this game solely for Crusader Kings II, so I cannot say much about other games. I have downloaded Magicka and Warlock demo and played for a few minutes to see what are they. Note that it requires Steam to play.

Magicka is an RPG, but more kid / teen oriented. There is an issue with my mouse (Logitech LX7) and the default button assignments, so it is necessary to do the setup before playing. Not my cup of tea (I don't even like Diablo), but it should be a good present for my nephew who is in junior high now.

Warlock is something like Civilization in fantasy theme 4X game. Perhaps for 4X games I like Sid's more, so I am not very interested in this game either. The game alone is not a bad one though, it seems.

And back to Crusader Kings II, it is a very addictive game. It is something like RTS but a bit different, feeling like "Nobunaga's Ambition" from KOEI to me. I played around 150 hours thus far. The game is to build a dynasty that rules (or survives) over time, including the Mongol invasions. There are few scenarios to choose from, and of which the "William the Conquer" period is the most interesting to me. It is great to start as a Count, invade using fake claims nearby Counts to expand, and eventually build up (steal) a Kingdom (Georgia in my case)... and once passing it down to the heir (there are many ways), the Kingdom starts to fall apart (well, not yet; it takes 3 generations to see it happens for me).

There are still some glitches in the game, in particular that there is no load game option. I can resign and load saved game, but by doing so it would lead to memory leak and eventually crash the game. Sometimes I can also see the AI armies not knowing where to go and stay in a place to die (of disease) or moving "back and forth" in the same area (a Count).

Victoria II is another very interesting game to me. It sounds like Crusader Kings II pushing forward into the modern era. Since I am "too occupied" by Crusader Kings II at the moment, I don't have time to play this (yet).

Anyway, for Crusader Kings II alone, I think $20 is well worth the money paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradox's game are for the niche gamer, if you're it, you're in paradise!, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
If you love over-complicated games that might take you hours or days to actually learn the basics on how to play them, then PARADOX's games are definitely for you.

Also, you get to lear about so much history while having fun!

If only my grade school experience was like this..

Think of this as a modern day Oregon Trail for otehr historical settings.

And the Fantasy games, Warlock and Magika! Fun and Funny! Good and quirky games are always welcome!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal of great deal, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
This bundle contained some extras for CKII and Warlock. even though that's a fraction of what's in the bundle it was worth it at the price. I can introduce someone else to CKII and some of the other titles. Some of the games are older games, but CKII is still having DLC developed for it! I was able to use the provided keys to add to my Steam purchased game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great games for a few money..., October 5, 2012
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
Incredible offer...all the games can be played vía Steam. great games for a few money. The best one crusader kings 2 with most of his dlc's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Plethora of Paradox Games [Download] (Software Download)
The pure number of quality games for the price was fantastic. I bought it while it was on sale for ~$9 and that couldn't be beat. I highly recommend it if you enjoy strategy games.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›