Featuring the DisplayLink DL-165 graphics chipset, the Plugable USB-VGA-165 enables you to add multiple VGA monitors with virtually any Windows laptop, desktop, or tablet (one adapter required per monitor, up to six on Windows PCs). Get the full benefits of USB, including plug and play connectivity, thin and flexible cabling, and ability to connect via USB 2.0 hubs and repeaters. Projectors can be connected with long and flexible USB wiring that doesn’t lose monitor configuration information. Multitask with a dedicated monitor for each document or application.
We often hear customers say “After using multiple monitors, I can’t go back!”. If you’re doing information work — looking at one document while editing another, researching, or generally working on several things at once — it’s indispensable.
Simply drag windows back and forth to make use of all the extra Windows desktop space. Plugable USB graphics adapters fully support rotation — turn one or both screens to show documents in gorgeous full-page layout (with a monitor stand that is capable of rotation).
A common setup is to create a beautifully symmetric yet flexible 3 display desktop, combining your laptop display with 2 extra monitors on either side with your laptop’s external graphics port plus one Plugable adapter, or with two Plugable adapters to allow easy USB dock/undock.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, XP. (Drivers can be automatically installed via Windows Update or downloaded direclty from Plugable.)
- Supports VGA monitors/projectors and PC-compatible TVs up to 1920x1080.
- Requires Intel / AMD / Nvidia main GPU and up-to-date WDDM-compliant drivers for best perfromance and compatibility.
- USB graphics require 2GHz dual core or better CPU and 2GB RAM for best performance.
- Suggested for use with web/productivity software; not recommended for gaming.
Details on Performance and Hardware Requirements
- Mac OS X, Linux/Unix not supported
- Not recommended for gaming or HD video playback.
- Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks or copy-protected content.
- Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).
USB graphics adapters work by rendering 2D/3D with your computer's CPU and GPU, and then compressing and transmitting the pixels that change over USB. 2GHz dual core or better CPU and at least 2GB of RAM recommended. Best suited for web and productivity software, not 3D gaming or HD video playback. No power plug is needed – power is provided by USB and the adapter has an LED indicator light.